60*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

D.O’s POV

  Just as fast as I was into this, I was shoved back out into my body that was now sprawled out on the ground.  What I heard when I was in Sky’s head wouldn’t leave my thoughts.  No matter how I thought about it, there was something off about that thought.  It was real, that I couldn’t deny but it wasn’t a thought she was conscious of making.

  A thought she didn’t even know she was having was more what it felt like.  Was that a good thing?  Or was it foretelling what was soon to come?  Was she even aware of that thought, or was it something she wasn’t fully aware of yet.

  Why had that thought only surfaced when I showed up and stopped the moment before I was shoved out.  Was I supposed to hear that, was that thought there just so I could hear it?  Why does this only being more questions than answers?

  And it’s not just the thought that I heard, no what’s even worse than that is how she is able to do this to us without being Royal?  What power does she have over us that is giving her this ability.

  “D.O-yah.”  Lay Hyung said in front of my face, “You alright? You hit your head pretty hard when you fell.”

  I didn’t even notice, I barely noticed any of the pain in my body from my fall.  That’s the upside to my power, earth and the strength it brings with it.  I still have my Specialty with earth but I’m more then ten times stronger than any Warrior will ever be, even my brothers.  My ultimate power lies in the form of strength.  Strength I have come to have a love-hate relationship with.

  “I fine Hyung.”  I said shaking off the fall as I got back up.  A slightly higher pain tolerance came with the added strength so it helped.  “What ever is happening is happening in the order we were Claimed.  Luhan Hyung, you’re next.”

  “Is what happened to Chanyeol the same thing that happened to you?”  Baekhyun asked me.

  “Yeah, I have my power back.  All the strength I thought I would never have is back and I don’t like it one bit.  That double bond is very real, and very strong.”  I couldn’t tell them about what I heard when I traveled the bond.  I don’t know how they would take it and I have no idea what it means, I don’t want to worry them over nothing.  If it turns out to be something serious I will tell them, but never sooner.

  “She isn’t a Royal?”  Tao asked, still a little hopeful.

  “No, she is not a Royal.”  I confirmed.

  Sehun stepped forward, “Then what is she?  Where is she getting the power to do this to us?”

  “Don’t be scared Sehun, everything will be fine in the end.”  Luhan tried to reassure the maknae.

  “How can you be sure?  How can any of us be sure of anything now?  How do you know everything will be fine, Hyung?”  Kai shot back.  “Nothing is making any sense now and if we don’t figure out what is going on, we could all be in danger.”

  “Sky won’t hurt us, Kai.  You know this.”  Chanyeol Hyung told him.

  “She can harm us though.  It will be easier for her to harm us if we all double bond with her.”  Kris Hyung cut in.

  We don’t even know what she is doing so how do we stop it.  How do we stop what we don’t even understand ourselves?  Unless we know what she is doing and how she is doing it there isn’t a way to stop this.  And Kris Hyung is right, this makes it so much easier to harm us.

  Not to mention the sick fact that these bonds give her even more power as a Dealer and over us.  What Dealer wouldn’t fall for this power they were getting?  No matter how much Sky says she won’t fall for power, it’s pretty impossible to refuse the promise of power she is getting even with only two bonds.

  But thinking about that only made Sky’s thought I heard more confusing.  There was something we were missing something important, but what was it.  What about all this was missing, there had to be something that we all forgot about that explains all of this.  If there wasn’t, I was at a complete loss as to what was going on.

  “You should probably lay down on the ground, Luhan Hyung.”  Suho said.

  “Why?”  He asked baffled.

  “So you don’t collapse to the ground and hurt yourself.”  Chen told him like it was the simplest thing in the world.

  None of this was simple, but it would be best to just go along with this until it all stopped.  Until Sky stopped whatever she was doing and we could figure out what was going on.  Find a real explanation to all of this.

  Giving in, Luhan Hyung laid down on the grass and looked up at all of us.  “I feel stupid doing this.”  He mumbled but didn’t offer any further complaints.

  We don’t know how big the gap is before the next one is into this.  It was getting closer and closer to sunset but still we waited.  The twelve of us talked about anything that would allow the time to pass, Luhan Hyung laying on the ground the whole time.  Over the couple hours that we waited to see what would happen we all eventually found a seat on the fluffy grass around our Hyung that was staring up at the sky.

  I let my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter