164

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How was the meeting with your Dad?” Kai asked after I sat down to eat with them around the pool.

 

  Suho was playing with the water so we all had a water free capsule to hang our feet in so we wouldn’t get wet, but we could still play with the water without getting damp since the water stayed outside of the bubble.

 

  I shook my head and I took a bite of the chicken on my plate. “I may have to fight the champion of the Dual Combat competition.”

All of them stopped eating. Baekhyun dropped his fork, Luhan – who was getting up – fell into the pool, Chanyeol dropped his plate and Tao chocked on what he was eat to which Lay, who was next to him, had to help with that.

 

“What!” The twelve of them exclaimed. “No way!”

 

  “Calm down and listento me.” I spoke over them before they could yell out their arguments and protests. “I don’t exactly have a choice in the matter unless my mom can get back to Red Sky Academy before the end of the Competition, but it doesn’t seem likely she will be able to.”

 

  They still didn’t look happy at the answer, so I continued quickly before they could start their arguments up again. “As my mother’s daughter, I rank the highest below her. Without her here I am the highest ranked Dealer on the grounds of the Academy. Each year the winner of the Dual Combat competition is given the choice to test their skills against the highest ranked Dealer on campus. As such, if they wish to have one more fight,I’mthe one that has to fight. My parents are both aware I will be exposed to the world, but it’s been decided this is what is going to happen.”

 

  “You’re going to put a target on your back.” Xiumin exclaimed.

 

  I nodded. “I know. But they may choose not to continue their fight.”

 

  “No.” Sehun muttered. “No, you can’t do this.”

 

  “Mom and Dad decide what happens, guys, and I think it’s right that I stay and do this. It’s time I stop hiding and sneaking around with you.” I explained. “I can’t expect to keep living here as the Descendant a secret. It’s bound to get out at some point, so it might be best to do it with a lot of security around and my Dad here to manage things if anything gets out of hand.”

 

  “Sky, you will be faced with fighting Warriors and a Dealer. You would be out numbered and killed.”

 

  “If you fought with me I wouldn’t be outnumbered.” I commented offhandedly.

 

  Baekhyun let out an exaggerated sigh. “Are you asking us to fight your battle?”

 

  I frowned and kicked water across the pool at him. My Ability assisting me in bypassing Suho’s manipulation of the water and properly splashing him. “I’m asking if you guys will fight besideme in the battle, if it happens. It’s your choice if you’ll stand beside me when my heritage is exposed, and your actual existence is revealed.”

 

  “I won’t.” Kris spoke up before pushing up from the edge of the pool and moving back into the house with his unfinished food.

 

  “I don’t want you doing this, but if you are going to, I’ll stand with you. If only to keep you safe.” Tao said through a few coughs.

 

  “At least you are taking it better.”

 

  “We understand, that doesn’t mean we are taking it well.” Xiumin commented dryly.

 

  “We’ve figured out when you’ve made up your mind you won’t let us sway you. I’ll fight with you. I’d rather you not get harmed.” Kai added.

 

  “Kris isn’t going to fight, does any one else want to stay out of this fight?” I asked.

 

  “I’m not useful for a fight.” Lay said. “I’d rather be on the sidelines and help if anything goes amiss.”

 

  “Would you start as part of the fight and hang back to help out?”

 

  “If that’s how I can help best.”

 

  “I’m with Kris, I won’t fight. I’m sorry, Sky, but I won’t.”

 

  I looked over and smiled at him. “It’s your choice, Baekhyun.”

 

  “I’m going to see Kris. I’m in on your fight, but you are going to be training until this fight happens. You have skill, but you are going against someone who has beaten a dozen other Dealers and their Warriors and not died or been seriously injured.”

 

  “We might as well listen to him. He’s not going to let you do anything in that fight if you aren’t properly prepared. Don’t set Kris off, Chanyeol.”

 

  “I won’t.” Chanyeol shot over his shoulder as he headed into the house to find Kris.

  “Let’s finish lunch before we do anything or talk about any more of this.” D.O spoke up. “You’ll have your fight, Sky.”

 

***

 

I sat on the metal stands in the top row. The stadium in the park packed full of students who had nothing better to fill their time with now that all other aspects of the competition were shut down.

 

  Kai sat beside me on my right, and Kris was on my left. Tao was leaning on my legs as I ran my fingers though his hair occasionally. Baekhyun, Luhan, Chen and Xiumin were sitting on the platform with my cousins and father. The res

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter