165

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well, tomorrow we fight. Mom isn’t back; Dad said she wasn’t going to be able to make it, so it falls on me now. While the chance isn’t big, and my Warriors wouldn’t let it happen, I may die tomorrow. If I suffer an unpredicted injury or I don’t cover myself well enough during the fight, I may not survive.

 

Lay hasn’t had a chance to show me how to self heal, and I don’t plan on risking it in the case I cause more damage inadvertently. But, Lay has agreed to stand on the field and help should he be needed. It will be of great help to have a healer on our side, I’m not going to count myself since I still need more practice before I can help as efficiently as Lay can.

 

I can only hope we make it through this as a whole unit.

 

I had taken a break from training. We decided to get last minute practice in before we had to face the biggest challenge thus far. Kris and Baekhyun weren’t participating. Baekhyun was playing in the pool while we practiced and Kris had left with Lay before we started.

 

I felt the water dropping on me before I realized Baekhyun had made his way over. I swiped my hands above me and the droplets falling over me flew off in other directions and stopped soaking me. “Hey, Baekie, what brings you over here?”

 

“You looked troubled.” He responded. I smile and leaned against him, giving up for now on staying dry. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and rocked me slightly. “What’s on your mind, Sky?”

 

“I’m thinking about tomorrow.” I told him honestly. “We’ve seen who we are fighting, we know their style, their Specialties and Ability. But what if we didn’t calculate for something. I’m worried something will happen to one of them, and it will be my fault.”

 

“They are choosing to fight at your side, if they get hurt no one is going to blame you since it happened because of their own personal choice. There is risk in any fight, Sky, but we have been doing this for a long time and you are far more skilled than you know. You will be just fine. I know none of them are going to let anything happen to you.”

 

“I get that, but whatif something doeshappen. What do I do then?” I pressed him, relaxing into his embrace as he soothingly rocked me from side to side.

 

“We do as we always have done, and keep going. We take care of our own and we keep pressing on to the very end.” Baekhyun answered. “None of us are worried about anything happening to any of us. We can’t die, it isn’t possible, not without you doing it to us. We can get hurt and severely injured, but with time in our Cards, we will fully recover and heal. You are very much mortal, and willdie if something goes wrong. If anything were to happen, it’s going to be to you, and none of us will take that lightly. This is a fight to surrender or death, and if something happens to you, the match won’t end without the being that harmed you dead by our hands.”

 

“That last bit doesn’t help.” I grumbled.

 

“But it is true. Now go back and help the others remember they don’t need to worry too much about you during that fight.”

 

He opened his arms and helped hoist me to my feet from where he sat on the ground. I smiled down at him and I started walking away, the water that had soaked into me was being absorbed into the ground with each step I took until I was left with dry clothes again.

 

Manifesting the particles around me, I let them build while I continued to walk forward. Looking at where I wanted to go, I snapped my fingers at my side and let the second of darkness take over my vision before returning once again to the ground and continuing my strides nearly uninterrupted.

 

Silently coming up behind Sehun, I reach out and flipped him into his back before teleporting away from him before he could get up and realize what happened. I did the same this to Chen and Suho before any of them noticed.

 

I was about to try to get D.O but he spun around and used my moment of surprise to get me on the ground and secure me there with small vines around my wrists. He knelt above me with a mischievous smile.

 

“Nice try, but I saw what you were doing.” He said flicking my forehead good-naturedly. “Now up you get, you’re with me.” He spoke as the vines fell away and he helped me up to my feet again.

 

“That wasn’t nice.” Sehun huffed as he got off the ground.

 

Suho chuckled softly, “But you are able to use that to your advantage. Surprising a Warrior will give you an extra moment to strike before they retaliat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter