4*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Once I found some men's clothing that had been left behind in one of the rooms and got Chanyeol into them, we proceeded outside to get a look around the grounds.  The clothing might not have been the best but it was all I could find until I can get him his own.

  So Chanyeol was in the denim jeans he showed up in, a large black pullover hoodie, and a pair of old sneakers that fit him perfectly.  I was lucky I found shoes that fit him, other wise I wasn’t sure what I would do.  I would take him out shopping tomorrow.

  We were walking down paved paths in the school campus, just looking at the scenery.  “Have you ever been here before, Chanyeol?”  I asked him as we walked side by side.

  “No, my Dealers never went to this school.  I still don’t know how I ended up on the campus.”  He replied

  “That’s all right, if we get lost I’m sure we will figure out a way back.”  I shrugged.

  He laughed a little and I joined him.  I think we will get along quite well.

           * * *

  The next few days went along without any problems.  Chanyeol would offer his opinions when I asked, but otherwise didn’t say anything and just went along with what I was planning on doing.  He would call me master a few times, but always apologized after and corrected himself.

  He stayed in one of the other rooms in the house, and if he needed something he would go and find it for himself, unless he thought it was so important that he had to ask first – which he did a lot in the beginning.

  We acted like friends, not Dealer-and-Warrior.  I kept his Card locked up in my box and was planning to get something stronger like a metal safe, to keep it in.  I didn’t want to loose it, and I didn’t feel safe carrying it around with me everywhere.

  The two of us were sitting at the table eating breakfast before school would officially start today.  We ate in silence but Chanyeol was the first to break it.  “Will I be in my Card today while you are at school?  From what I saw, and know from the past, is that when Warriors can’t be of service we stay in our Cards.  So I don’t think there will be anywhere for me to go during your classes and I don’t want to stay here in case something might happen to you, Sky.”

  I sighed, I was hopping we wouldn’t have to have this conversation, but since he brought it up I was not going to brush him off.  “Do you want to go into your Card and come with me?  I don’t know if we are supposed to bring our Cards with us, but since this school is teaching us how to use them, I’m going to assume we are supposed to bring you with us.”

  “I don’t mind being in my Card, Sky.  I think-”  He paused, “I think it would be best you take me with you in my Card, just in case.”

  “All right.  Let me go get your Card and then we can go.  You can go back in once we get to the building I’m supposed to be in.”  I said before going back into my room and unlocking the wooden box and taking Chanyeol’s Card out.

  Something was a little different about the Card though this time.  On the face of the Card, instead of it just being a picture of a boy surrounded in flames, across the top of the Card in gold calligraphy was Chanyeol’s name.  I smiled and tucked it into the card case I bought to keep my Cards – if I ever got more than one – safe when I traveled with them.  Attaching the card case to my belt loop on my jeans I made my way back downstairs and grabbed my shoulder bag. 

  Chanyeol met me at the door.  Leaving the house, I locked the door behind me and tucked the keys into my bag as we made our way to the main building where all the first years first went.  Because Chanyeol and I had been out exploring this week it was fairly simple for us to make out way to the building we were supposed to be in.

  We ran across a few other students who were making their way to the same place as us.  Once we reached the base of the stairs the two of us stopped.  “Do you know how to get back in your Card, cause I sure as hell don’t know.”

  Chanyeol smiled, “Of course I know how to get into my own Card, Sky.”  He said before he disappeared, presumably back into his Card.

  Now alone, I made me way up the steps, a few students giving me strange looks, but I just ignored them and made my way into the building and went to find my new class.  It didn’t take all that long.  I found my name on list posted on a board and went off to find the classroom.  Following a few people, I soon made my way to the correct classroom.  There weren’t many people in there already, but it was slowly beginning to fill up as time went by.

  I found a seat at the back of the classroom and waited for the instructor to come in and explain how things work here.  The room I noticed, was filled up from the front back, as if they wanted to sit as close to the instructor as possible.  I prefer learning from the back so I was the odd one out who wanted to be farther back.

  Once the room was finally full from front to back except for the seat on my left.  I was on the far right end so the only seat beside me was on my left and it was left empty.  I don’t know if their was a missing student or people just didn’t want to sit there, but I didn’t really care, I was here to learn and that was all.

  The instructor walked in and gained everyone’s attention.  He looked no older than his mid-twenties and still was pretty attractive, so it didn’t surprise me when some of the girls let out small squeals and whispered to each other.

  “Quiet down, class.”  He said as he stood in the middle at the front, “Since it’s your first day I’m going to go over what you will expect at this school.  I’m going to go on the assumption that all of you at least have an idea why you are here so I’m not going to explain that to you.  If you have no idea why you are here then see me after class and I’ll make it clear why.”

  He didn’t seem to care if he hurts a student with his words; at least it sounds that way to me.  “You will be here every morning we have class, I will teach you history and anything that can’t be taught in the field.  After lunch you will go to the main field in the front and find your field instructor who will teach you all the practical and powerful aspects of everything and help you grow in power and strength.”  He explained, “Now, I’m done my explanation so you are going to the field to start on your training.  You better have all brought at least one Card.  Your instructor will make you go find on if you haven’t.”

  And with that he walked out of the classroom leaving the class to get our things and go to the field.  You would think on the first day of classes they would do a better job of explaining what was going on, but I guess not.

  Glad I brought Chanyeol along with me, I grabbed my bag and made my way to the main entrance and down the stairs where I found a different instructor waiting for u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter