55*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do not ask me what happened, why it happened or how it happened, 'cause I have no answer for you. I can’t even begin to let it process, it won’t process. It shouldn’t even be possible. I took my eyes off the Card for all of a minute and the next thing I know there is nothing wrong with it.

No burn makes. No holes where the fire ate through it. The Card was in perfect condition as if nothing happened to it. It looked nothing like the Card I had seen in the case not a minute ago. It looked just as perfect and new as the other eleven Cards I have already Claimed.

What happened to this Card? I know I didn’t do anything to make it worse, but was this a good thing? Or is what happened a bad thing. I have no idea what to do with this little problem, is this a problem? Should I asked the others? Is this supposed to happen? Is this normal?

And then, there it was. That little feeling I didn’t have before. The feeling I was hoping would manifest. The bond. The connection I had with this Card. So maybe what I did wasn’t all that bad. Maybe it was a good thing, but I still can’t tell since there is no Warrior present around me.

Should I be hopeful that feeling this bond and seeing this Card restored, means that everything is going to be okay. Or is this just another trick of the eye and none of it is real. Is it real? Am I imagining this all? Why are there no answers to explain this to me?

I really hate the fact that I know nothing about this and I probably won’t ever know for certain. I wasn’t raised to know what all of this is. I was never taught what I should do or expect in a situation like this one. Thus I have no prior knowledge that has prepared me for this. No idea what to expect and no clue what will happen next.

I brought the Card up close to examine it more closely. A boy stood in the center of the Card, the backdrop was pitch black and white petals were floating in the air, frozen in their decent to the ground. A sword lay at the boys feet, untouched and deadly.

The boy look angry, kind of like Kris, but Kris was worse. Way worse. The Card still sat in the case, I was a little hesitant to take it out, I don’t want to damage it, but I couldn’t look at it fully unless I held it in my hand and moved it around as I pleased.

Deeming that I wasn’t going to hurt the Card anymore than it had been before, I slowly picked the Card up from the case. The Card felt warm in my hand, like a life was actually in it, like it wasn’t dead. My connection I felt with the Card only grew the longer I held it in my hand.

I watched as the area in front of me began to get hazy, to shift, to materialize into someone. So it had worked, I Claimed a Card that was supposed to be destroyed. The Warrior better have an answer as to why, because I really hate not knowing what happened, why he was here, how he was here.

In front of me now stood a boy, the same height as Chanyeol. Why are they so tall! His hair a dark red, like the sky at night, a dark wine color. I like it, I like it a lot. Around his eyes were dark circles as if he was sick, maybe it was due to the fact that he was pretty much destroyed until a couple minutes ago, but nonetheless it really added to how hansom he was. Why do I have to be surrounded by twelve extremely good looking boys, why me?

From where he was standing, if any of the boys in the back yard looked up, they would see him. Was that a good thing? Well, yes, but I would rather surprise them than have them find out like this.

“Sit down.” I said to him gently. I have no idea what he has gone through or how he might react, so I need to tread carefully right now.

The Warrior looked down at me before sitting down and watching me. He didn’t say anything as he looked me over. He was a strange Warrior, that I can’t deny, but he had an air about him that was just so innocent and fun – like Sehun had. But, this Warrior did not talk. He didn’t do much else but sit there and wait. A calm collected atmosphere, with a light glinting in his eyes seeking mischief.

What was I supposed to say to him? How was I supposed to act around him? Did I have to do anything different than what I had been doing with the other boys? “I’m Sky, it’s nice to meet you.”

Yeah, that’s the best I could think of. Lame as it is, I couldn’t think of anything better. Sad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter