58*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I made my way to the library on the second floor and sat in the red chaise lounge to think.  I need to figure out what I’m going to do about school now and I need to remember my family.  No matter how much I want to forget them, there just isn’t a way to do that, like Tao, I can’t forget them so easily.

  And that is probably the hardest part of them not being here.  My memories will haunt me for a long time and all I want is to see them again.  Like Tao can see the rest of his family; he can see them, hug them, know them but I don’t have that luxury with my family. 

  I lay back and propped my head up on the single armrest and let my memories run free.  I let myself remember all the times I wanted to forget.  I let myself feel everything I locked away.  But I didn’t let it last long.  I wasn’t going to sit here and force myself to go through all these painful times.  I didn’t want to go back into the days when they first left.  I wasn’t going to get back into that depressing time all over again.

  The school competition was in two weeks and I had a week to decide what I as going to do and what I was signing up for.  I can’t do the Dual Combat, the school won’t let me and my Warriors are all against it, so that option is out.  My best chance at doing any real damage was fighting a Dealer one-on-one since I’m pretty sure almost no Dealers here has the strength close to that of their Warriors'.

  I can spend the next two weeks with the boys training and maybe talk with Key about some extra lessons and go from there.  I had the strength that I needed, but I didn’t have all the skills.  It doesn’t matter how strong I can be, what matters is the skill and the way I use it that determines if I will win or lose.  Do I care if I win or not?  No not really, for all I care I may not even use my strength and just have fun.  I know what I can do, and that is all that counts.

  No matter what happens and what I decide, I will always know my absolute limit and that is what counts.  I don’t care if any one else knows how far I can reach, if they want to test my limit so be it, I’ll let them test it.  But that doesn’t mean they are going to ever experience my ultimate limit anytime soon.

  Can I raise my absolute limit, I don’t know, and if I could would I really want to?  I don’t want to be known for only having power, I didn’t even want power to begin with, but I seem to have been getting exactly what I didn’t want.  I’m getting more power than I ever wanted and I don’t really think I want it.

  No matter how much I think about this, the more I am wary of getting any more power.  No matter how much I know that this is a bad thing I can’t help but like it even the slightest bit.  I have the twelve kindest boys around me as my friends and family but with them they bring something I don’t want.  They bring power that I never wanted, the more of them I found the stronger the power in me built.

  The closer I got to them the stronger it felt, the longer I was around them I could feel the bonds gaining strength and all our combined power growing.  The bonds we had connecting us were getting stronger by the day and it wasn’t all that reassuring.  Something was bound to happen and I don’t think I was going to like it much.

  Getting up I pulled a small table over in front of the chaise before sitting back down.  I unclipped the card case and set it on the table.  I hadn’t laid all my Cards out and just looked at them as a whole yet.  Sure I would look at the details of the Cards when I Summoned them, but I never really looked at them as a collection before.

  Tipping the Cards out of the case I organized them in two rows in the order that I Claimed them.  From Chanyeol’s in the top left to Tao’s in the bottom right.  There was one thing that was different about all of the Cards now though.  Something that clued me in to something not right.

  The back of the Cards were gold and sliver, that's normal.  Red and gold was not normal.  The Cards' backs were now a swirled red and gold design that was not the same, not one bit.  Other than that, there wasn’t anything really noticeably different.  Kris’ Card had lost the Card he was holding in his hand and he only had his arms crossed, but that was it.

  All of the Cards had their Warrior’s names written on them in gold calligraphy and their pictures hadn’t changed.  But there was something off about them.  I could feel it, I knew it was there but I couldn’t figure out what it was.

  These Cards weren’t a real Deck.  They all had different Specialties so that wasn’t what it was.  The voice in my head nagged me telling me they could be those EXO Card we were told about.  But that wasn’t it either, first off the EXO Cards were a myth; second, the twelve Warriors I have all had a categorized Specialty.  The EXO Cards have a specialty that doesn’t fit in with the five Specialties and all of their Specialties fit into one of the five categories.

  So if it wasn’t that, then what was it.  What was so different about these Cards in front of me right now.  What is it that I am missing?  What can’t I figure out.

  The feeling that there is something off is starting to drive me crazy.  No matter how much I look at these Cards there is nothing that is strange.  Nothing that makes me curious or wonder about, because they are the same as always.  So where is this feeling coming from, what is wrong with the Cards?

  The longer I sit here and watched them the stronger it gets.  The feeling that something is off, that I can do something if I can figure out what is wrong.  But there isn’t anything wrong with them!  No matter how much I look at these Cards there is nothing wrong with them!

  Giving up on just staring at them I reached out to pick one of them up.  But stopped short when what was different about them made itself more obvious.  It more of like just blinded me would be the better way to put it.

  When you find a Card it has that little glow to it to show was Specialty it is under.  Well, I guess that’s what happened, but this time they lit up like a Christmas tree with LED lights.  Each Card glowing the color of the S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter