84

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  My eyes widened and my head shot up.  That was not my thought, and that was defiantly not my voice.  The little voice in my head sounds like me and it is feminine, this voice was neither of these two things.

  “Would you relax, Sky.  It’s just me.”  Came the little voice reverberating in my head.

  I looked around me but nothing was out of place.  Nothing was different and nothing was strange.  Nothing was out of the ordinary.  So then where was this voice coming from?  What was causing it?  Or was I really going insane.

  I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked over at Luhan, “It’s me.”

  I swatted his chest lightly.  He could feel it but it wasn’t enough to actually cause harm, it probably felt like I just brushed my hand on him.  I shot him a scowl before going back to watching the stage.

  “Come on, Sky.”  His voice whined in my head.

  I didn’t even look over at him.  I just shook my head and tried to block out his whining in my head – it didn’t exactly work.  First off, I have no idea how to block him and second, I don’t have access to my bond with him currently.  I could connect with it, but I didn’t know what would happen.  For all I know I could kill someone somehow.

  I wasn’t running the risk of touching my bond with Luhan, not when I don’t know what I might do.  And having him in my head as it is right now is making it a little hard not to want to just shout back at him.  But I don’t know how to control it, control any of it.

  “You won’t hurt anyone, Sky.  No one will ever know what we are doing.  I promise you, Sky.”  Luhan tried pleading again.  “You need to learn how to control this and this is the best place to do so.  Most humans can’t block themselves from telepathy and those that can it’s easy to break their walls.  Training with the others is going to be close to impossible because they will never lower their walls.”

  He was making valid points but I still don’t want to chance the possibility that something might go wrong.  Out of all of the boys, Luhan’s powers are one of the few that I fear learning along with Kris’ and Tao’s.  To top off my fears of learning everything Luhan can do, he wants me to learn it while surrounded by people that know nothing about any of this, that can’t know anything about this world I now live in.

  “If it makes you feel any better I can stay in your head the whole time so if I have to counter something you do I can do it in a second before anyone finds out.”  He offered.  And it wasn’t a bad offer.  My fear stems from the fact that I might do something wrong or hurt someone unintentionally, but if he were in my head the whole way along he can stop me from doing something to harm someone.  “If I know something might hurt someone I will put blocks up for them that not even I can break through so that they don’t get harmed.  I won’t let you hurt anyone, you will learn to control it enough that you won’t need my help anymore by the time we get back to the house.  I promise nothing will go wrong.”

  The only thing I can do is trust him that he will be able to do everything he said he would do.  I don’t know yet what might happen or how this might turn out, but I trust Luhan – I trust all of them – and if he said he could make sure nothing goes wrong then I need to trust that he speaks the truth. 

  I looked over at him and studied his face for a few seconds.  He meant what he said, it was clearly painted on his face that he would stay by my side – in this case in my head – the whole way and make sure nothing went wrong.

  He would know how to counter what I might do wrong.  He would know how to stop anything I might do wrong.  Luhan can save me from doing harm.  I have to learn how to control my Ability and that means I have to know how to use them properly and where my limits lie.

  And like Luhan said, I have to learn and practice with people that can’t block me out, people that can’t stop what I can do.  Humans are the best people to test what I can do on, they don’t know this is possible and have no guards.  Do I dislike the fact that I’m going to be invading their privacy to learn this?  Heck yes, but I have to learn some way and this is my only option right now.

  Reluctantly I nod my head giving in to the fact that I will learn this all here with Luhan now.  I watch the smile light up his face as he turns away from me to watch the stage again.

  “Great.  Tap into my bond if you don’t mind.”  He spoke in my head.  Its still strange to hear his velvety voice bonding inside my head and it will surely take some getting used to.

  Still rather nervous about using my Ability with Luhan’s power I took the steps to get into my core instead of just appearing there in it.  I let myself fall towards my core before slowing stepping into it.  I let the feelings of my core surround me and enjoy the warmth before I sought out Luhan’s bond.

  I let out a shaky breath before reaching out and touching Luhan’s bond.

  I really wish I hadn’t touched his bond.  I really wished I had stuck with my stand on not learning his powers here because it felt like my head was about to explode.  So many voice where bombarding my head, so many thoughts that weren’t my own were screaming to be heard.  So much noise that shouldn’t be possible in my head.

  I winced as the noise just wouldn’t stop.  Luhan clearly noticed I was in pain since just as all the noise and voices started they stopped and were replaced with only Luhan’s calming voice.  “, I’m sorry Sky, I should have realized you wouldn’t be able to filter what you heard.  I’m really sorry, I should have shielded you first then taught you how to control it.”

  Putting int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter