101

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I found nothing in any of the books I went through.  Not a single thing that could help me at all.  But it isn’t like everything in any history is always recorded in a book.  Some stories are found through artifacts and others through word of mouth passed down by generations.  Not everything is always in a book, so it makes sense that I won’t find everything in these books.

  The boys have lived through lots, more than I think I can picture, so maybe they have insight into the past, more then these books would cover.  Although I have noticed they aren’t always very keen when I bring up the past.  Most of them will try and change the topic and others will get aggressive if I try and pry at certain subjects.

  Bringing up their past is something that shouldn’t be done, at least not just yet.  They aren’t willing to share just where they came from and what really happened to them, but I’m sure they will tell me one day when we are closer.

  I rolled over and looked at my clock.  Day two of this insanity and I have only left my room to fetch food and even that is rather difficult with twelve boys roaming around.  It was just past lunchtime already, I knew the boys were feeding themselves so I didn’t have to worry much about them.

  I’ve got nothing to do around the house anymore since I can’t really sit down and have a pleasant conversation with any of the Warriors right now. Training was out of the question but it was nice to have a break so I won’t complain too much.  Plus they also needed a break, even if this can’t really be considered a break.

  Letting out a sigh I flopped back on my bed and stared up at the ceiling.  Letting myself be enveloped in the odd silence the covered the house I was rudely interrupted by my blaring hand phone.  Groaning I pushed myself up and grabbed for the noisy device.

  “Hello?”  I answered.

  “Darling!”  Came the shrill squeal from my mother on the other end of the line.

  I haven’t talked to my parents since I came here so it was really surprising to have my mom call me so suddenly.  I’ve missed my parents since I came here and what worse is that I was close to forgetting what they sounded like.  The first thing you ever forget is the sound of someone’s voice, and how true that was right now.

  “Mom!”  I exclaimed sitting up.  “I’ve missed you Mom.”

  “I’ve missed you too darling.  How are things going?”  She asked me with that motherly voice of hers.

  “Classes are going well.  Nothing major has happened.”  I couldn’t tell her about what was going on.  I couldn’t tell her what this university was really for they just would never believe me.  They don’t know about all of this, if they had wouldn’t they have told me while they raised me?

  “I’m glad things are going well.  But I want details, I want to know all about it.”  She told me not taking a not for an answer.  “And it’s a good thing that your father and I are in a area.  Can you meet us for dinner tonight at that restaurant we would always go to by the market near your university?”

  First I get a call from my mom who I haven’t seen in months, and secondly they are actually close by to meet up with me.  I need a break from the craziness in this house and some time away from the boys and being with my parents might be just what I need right now.

  “I’d love that Mom, I’ll meet you both there are six tonight.”  I answer her with a bright smile on my face.

  “Wonderful!  See you see darling!”  She quipped back before disconnecting.

  Hanging up the phone I never lost my happy smile as I looked back at the clock.  Two in the afternoon already and if I wanted to be at the restaurant by six I would have to leave a half hour prior to be able to walk there on time.  So I have about three hours to get ready before I needed to leave.

  My family mean the world to me, they have been with me through everything and I can’t imagine being without them.  My parents raised me to care for other people before myself and are a huge part of who I am today.  While I don’t know much about my extended family I don’t really care much either.  I just need the people close to me; that’s all I’ve ever really needed.

  But not with the twelve boys around me I’ve found that I do need more than just my parents as my supportive pillars.  And while I’m still going to always go back to relying on my family I know that I have them to rely on as well.

  Family is crazy and fun.  Mine is no different.  While I may not know anyone in my family besides my parents and cousins I don’t care.  The family I have is enough for me, though I do find it strange that I never met my cousin’s parents, my aunt and uncle.

  No matter what I will always love my family, even if we lost everything I would still stay by their side.  I never took much interest in what my parents do for a living, they knew I wasn’t going to follow what they were doing so they never really brought it up.  There never was a need for me to know exactly what they did and I was fine with that.

  I knew they worked for a company and had a well standing position, if the high class fancy gala’s I was dragged to as a child didn’t tell enough.  But I’m ext

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter