16*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I was enveloped in a cloud of warmth.  It was nice, the heat just floated around me.  The haze that surrounded my mind was slowly clearing.  I blinked my eyes a few times to find myself in my room and a soft glow coming from the fireplace.

  Groaning, I tried to sit up a little.  But that proved very difficult when even the thought of moving made me short of breath.  Sighing, I stayed in my current position and just opened my eyes.

  Four pairs on eyes were looking at me curiously.  Had I sat up, I would have hit a few of them, they do realize that I like personal space, right?  Obviously not.

  “I think she’s awake.”  Sehun said cocking his head to the right.

  “Obviously.”  I tried to make out through my hoarse voice.

  “Eat this, it might help.”  Chanyeol said bringing over a steaming bowl.

  I tried to sit up again.  That didn’t work.  “A little help, please?”  I asked D.O.

  Smiling D.O moved the other boys away and removed some of the covers around me and helped me sit up so my back was resting against the headboard.  Chanyeol placed the bowl, of what looked like soup, on my lap and passed me the spoon.  I smiled, grateful for their help and slowly ate the soup I was going to assume D.O had made, since he was the only one I ever saw in the kitchen.

  I could still feel a chill running through my system.  It was pretty obvious I was sick, I didn’t have to start coughing to figure that much out.  To bad my body thought it should tell me it's sick and make me cough, I truly hate coughing, I feel like a can’t breath when I do.

  “Are you okay?”  Came five voices.

  “Yeah, I’m just sick.”  I replied.

  They didn’t seem to like that answer one bit.  All of them frowned and I caught the glare Chanyeol sent to Suho who was standing in the far corner of the room.  It was pretty obvious he was trying to stay away from the group.  That, or the rest of the boys didn’t want him around.  Though I was a little surprised that he hadn’t gone back into his Card.

  Sehun crawled onto the bed beside me, “Are you going to be okay?”  He asked.  He eyes large and watery.

  “I will be, I just need to rest a bit and let this cold pass is all.”  My voice still hoarse but a little better after eating the soup.  “Have you rested at all?

  They shook their heads.  They really are stupid.  Just because I’m not feeling well doesn’t mean they have to watch me the whole time.  I’m not going to disappear.  I sighed and shook my head at them, “Go rest for a few hours.”  I said.  “Luhan, you are sleeping in a proper bed.”

  They nodded their heads rather reluctantly, Luhan the most, and slowly began to leave.  Suho was still standing in the corner near the door as he watched the others leave.  But he didn’t follow behind them right away.

  “Are you sure you are okay?”  He quietly asked me, his eyes downcast, not wanting to look at me.

  “Come here.”  I called out to him and motioned to the spot beside me.  He was hesitant in his approach, but eventually came to sit beside me on the bed.  “This isn’t your fault, Suho.”

  His head snapped up and he was staring right at me.  “It is.”

  “No, Suho.  This is all on me.  It was my choice to do what I did, I caused this.  Not you, and not the others.  So don’t beat yourself up over it, all right?”

  I could see himself slowly shutting down again.  I may have just gotten though to him with this, and here he goes building his walls back up.  Why does he have to be so stubborn!

  Leaning towards him I wrapped my arms around him.  He stiffened at first but relaxed as I didn’t do anything else.  “I like you better with that little spark of hope in your eyes, Suho.  Please don’t shut me out anymore?”  I said silently into his ear.

  Suho pushed me back a little so he could look at me clearly, “You do care about us, don’t you?”

  I smile, “I do.  I want you to be happy, and if that means I have to wait a little longer for you to open yourself to me, so be it.  But don’t throw away the progress you’ve already made.”

  He looked down again, breaking our eye contact once again.  “It’s hard.  I’m one of the oldest amongst us, along with Luhan, and we’ve always had to stay strong to protect the younger ones.  But now, because of these walls we had to put up, it’s so hard to open up when all we know now is how to listen and act.  We never had to show feelings or make choices.  We never had to make decisions or not worry about making our Dealers angry.  For the younger ones, you are their saving grace, to me, to be quite honest, you are destroying everything we have work

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter