87

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  “You’re pretty good at this Sky!”  Sehun beamed.  “I hardly have to teach you anything!”

  “You taught me more than enough Sehun.”  I answered him as I watched the swirls of air move around me.

  “I guess I did.”  He acknowledged, “Just a few more thing you really have to remember okay?”

  I smiled; of course it wasn’t as easy as just being able to control the wind and air around me.  It never was with the others, so why would it be any different now.  Each of them had a history and explanation behind their Specialties, something that explained why they were the way they are.  I didn’t expect anything less from Sehun now.

  “You understand how my powers work and how to control them and I guess that’s what I’m supposed to teach you.  But it isn’t everything, I know Hyungs have told you how their Specialties relate to them, but I don’t think they really explained it all to you.”  Sehun began.  “I know I can’t tell you everything about it, but I think you need to know more than what they just told you.  I know they are leaving many things out, and while I can’t tell you all of them you need to know more than what they let on to.”

  I stopped playing with the air around us.  The two of us were the only ones in the backyard; heck, we were the only ones awake.  It wasn’t even sunrise, but Sehun insisted that he teach me now before the others were awake.  And it was starting to make sense why now.  He didn’t want them to be awake to hear what he was going to tell me.

  “What is it?  The others have told me a little about how their personalities relate to their Specialties, but what is it that I don’t know?”  I asked me as the two of us sat down on the lush grass.

  He sighed heavily, “It isn’t just that their personalities relate to our powers, it’s more then that.  Our personalities are part of the reason we have these certain powers.  Their part of the reason we are like this.  I can’t tell you everything, Hyungs would be really mad if I did, but you have to know that the way we are inside is part of why we have these certain powers.”

  I nodded, urging him to continue.  “For me, air is what suits who I am the best.  I may not show it all the time but like air, I’m free.  I like open areas and I love the feeling of being able to go wherever I should please.  But because I’m a Warrior I don’t have that freedom, at least not until you Claimed me.  It’s nice to be able to be like the air again and have the freedom I lost back; think of it as I was like air sealed in a jar.  As a Warrior I only have the small amount of space to move around in, my freedom severely cut off.  But you, you Sky, you opened the lid to that jar and let me out, let me be free to go where I want.  You saved me from living in that jar for all of my existence.”

  That one analogy floored me.  I never thought about that one bit.  I never thought about how my giving them their freedom with me would affect them.  And if I did, I never thought it did this much.  The thought that they were trapped in little jars never crossed my mind, but Sehun really showed me that that is what it must have felt like.

  Trapped, with no freedom in sight.  But they can see true freedom they just can’t obtain it.  Even now they are still trapped.  Sehun is wrong about that one thing.  He still isn’t free, he just has more room to move around in.  He isn’t in a jar anymore, he’s in a giant fish tank. 

  He’s still a Warrior, and no Warrior ever has true freedom.  No matter how much I want to think they can, they can’t.  In the end they will always end up serving someone.  They are bound to me they can’t escape that.  It’s a bond that is irreversible.  No matter how far from me they go, no matter what they do, they will always have that bond connecting us.

  Sehun sees this as freedom, but so long as he is a Warrior he will never know what true freedom is like.  He can only feel more free than he was before.  I wish he could have the freedom I do, the freedom to do anything and not fear the consequences of this world.  But in a few decades when I die, this freedom he has will be gone forever, because no Dealer will even give these boys the freedom I have given them.

  But I don’t have the heart to tell him this.  I’m sure he realizes it somewhere inside of him, if not I know some of the other boys know this very well.  “Go o Sehun, what else do you have to say.” 

  Sehun smile kindly at me, “Like air who is a part of everything, I’m one of the kindest and love to talk and socialize – but only with those I’m close to.  Air mixes with every element, and I tend to get along with anyone with any personality if I know them enough to open up.  I love to move around and never stay still like the wind moves from place to place.”

  He really was like he said.  When given the right time and place Sehun would always talk if he could.  He loved to chat up his Hyungs if he could and if he didn’t have to stay still he didn’t – kind of like Chanyeol, but less crazy.

  “But while that may be well and good, it’s not everything.  Sadly everyone has weak points, bad traits that are just a part of them.  I can be as kind and bubbly as I want, but I still have parts about me that aren’t as good.  We all do, and we just have to learn to live with them like my Hyungs have.”  Sehun continued to explain, “Can I be honest with you Sky?  About everything?”

  “Of course Sehun.  I wouldn’t want anything else.”  I reassured him that he could say anything he pleased.

  “Some of the things I’m going to tell you not all of us have fully accepted about ourselves.  Not all of it is good.”  He sighed as he looked at the ground, running his fingers through the blades of grass.

  “I won’t judge Sehun, no matter what you say I won’t judge.  I promise you.”  I said to him with all honesty.  No matter what he says I won’t think differently of any of them.

  He nodded his head, “Good.”  Sehun let out a drawn out sigh, “I may look like a kind and fun loving maknae but just as much as I am nice to you I can be cruel and vicious.  Like a tornado I can tear things apart when I’m angry and not care what I hurt in the process.  I can be rather insensitive towards people emotions, and I tend not to care all too much when I hurt someone.  Worst of all, I’m very selfish.  If I want something I don’t care whom I hurt to get it.  I’d go against my Hyungs if I had to and I wouldn’t care what they felt.”

  I never really thought Sehun was capable of the things he was telling me, but he sounded rather serious.  I never thought the happy; skinship l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter