63*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Kris put me in my bed and pulled a chair up.  “How much force did he manage to hit you with?”  He asked me, worry was clearly in his voice.  So he did care about me, which was something I didn’t think would happen so quickly.

  “Enough to send me flying to where you found me.  I kept as much guard up as I could but I had to let him hit me, you understand right?”

  “No, Sky, I don’t understand.  You have the power to stop that blow and not get hurt, yet you seem to think that deciding to hurt yourself is the right idea?  Do you know how worried the others are going to be?  Did you not even think about how they would react to you being injured?”  He fumed.

  I sighed and moved myself so there was less pressure on my left hip.  “I don’t want people to know how strong I am, Kris.  All they will see me as is someone who can hurt all of them with no effort.  Someone with power beyond what they thought possible.  They will see me as someone who just wants power, and I don’t want that.  I don’t want to be known for that.”

  I sighed, what use was there explaining this to someone who already sees me as some power hungry Dealer.  “I never wanted power like this, Kris.”  I looked up at him, he was watching me, waiting to hear what I had to say.  “I came into this not looking for power, I came looking for friends and understanding.  Then all of a sudden I was getting more and more power and it made me uneasy.  The more Warriors I found and Claimed the stronger I was getting, I tried so hard to hide it but it just wouldn’t be repressed.  I don’t want to be seen as the girl that has so much power, the girl that is drunk on the power she has.  The girl that only wants power.”

  I grabbed my head as a wave of pain swept through it.  So I may have hit my head a little harder than I thought, I would have to look at it later and figure out what to do about it.

  Kris sat beside me patiently and waited for me to continue.  He obviously wanted to know what I thought about all of this.  “I have so much power, both in the Warriors I possess and in the strength I now have, but if I could give it all away I would gladly get rid of it all and go back to my human life.  But one thought stops me every time I think about giving this all up.  The thought of never seeing the twelve of you stops me from those thoughts.  No matter how much power I get I won’t care about it as long as all of you are here.  I don’t want people to know about all this power I have, it will only bring with it false friends and power hungry monsters.  As long as even one of you knows about everything I go through and how hard it is to deal with I will keep fighting to not let the power win.  So long as one of you is with me I will never give in.”

  “What if giving in can promise you that we will stay?”  He asked.

  “If you’re staying because you have no choice, then I would rather you leave.”  I told him honestly.

  “Sky, what would you say if I told you you were already forcing some of us to stay with no chance at leaving.  Ever.”

  “You’re not making any sense, Kris.  If anyone here wants to leave, they can go.”

  “Never mind, Sky, it was just a hypothetical question.  Summon the others and rest.”  He passed me my card case before he moved out of the way and put the chair back to where he found it.  The others were going to worry so much when they saw me like this, but there wasn’t much I could do about that.

  When I made the decision to let Key do this to me, I already thought about how they would take this, but having them mad at me far outweighed the possibility that Key would find out I was this powerful.

  I don’t hate the power I have; I just don’t think the world needs to know about it right now.  I’m still new to all of this and it won’t be hard for people to take away the people I care about most.  Until I know a way to keep all the boys safe I will not let the world know how much I can do.

  Once some of the Dealers around here know how much power I have, they are going to think my Warriors are where I got it and will go after them.  And I will not let that happen.  So until I am sure that they will never be able to touch my boys, I have to keep everything a secret.

  And if that meant I had to get hurt a few more times, then so be it.  I’m not scared of getting hurt, I don’t like it, but it isn’t something I have problems with.  I know for a fact many of the boys do have an issue with me getting hurt, so I’m going to have to find a way around that little fact as best as I can.

  I Summoned each of the boys and watched as they popped up around my room.  All their eyes filled with worry as they saw me laying uncomfortably on my bed, they gathered around my bed all wanting to know what was wrong with me.

  “What happened, Sky?  Are you alright?”  Sehun asked me worriedly.

  “Nothing I can’t deal with.  I’ll be fine.”  I reassured him.

  “What happened?”  Lay asked as he took a seat beside me, silently asking if it was alright to look.

  I didn’t exactly want to tell them, so I hesitated, obviously to long for Kris.  “She took the hit of a full strength Warrior because of some Dealer’s Ability.”

  All of them let their eyes widen as they looked at me, mouths dropped and shock and pain flashed across their faces.  Lay had my shirt up and was looking at my hip where Key’s stick hit me in seconds.  I hadn’t actually looked at what happened and what the damage was; it was a little worse that just a bruise apparently.

  Where that branch hit me was a small cut about two inches long with blood slowly dripping from it.  The area around the cut was already turning a dark blue-purple; the skin was tender and I was sure I was bruised in a few other places from crashing into the ground.  If I really thought about it, I could feel my right shoulder a little sore and my back was a little uncomfortable to twist and move around.  Not to mention my head still pulsed.

  “Get me a cloth and water to clean this.”  Lay growled.  Luhan rushed out to get what Lay wanted and whatever else he could think of.  He was going to get the first aid kit I kept in the kitchen no doubt.

  I wasn’t going to argue with what these boys said now, that would only piss them off more than they already were.  I guess they get hostile when they are mad, I was kind of aware of this before but it was shown quite clearly now as I watched them.

  “Nothing you can’t deal with?  Really, Sky?  Because this looks like more than jut something you can deal with.”  Chanyeol growled from the place he was standing behind Lay.

  “You are not going to be ‘fine’, Sky.”  Kai hissed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter