43*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Luhan was the one who got up and took the key for the safe from Xiumin – who had now sat down and calmed down some, along with Baekhyun – and brought down the Card.  My body tensed when I saw the Card in his hand, I could feel the fight and flight reflexes activate and I felt those horrible feeling bubbling up again.

  I held onto the chair tightly, not liking these feelings one bit.  This Card was going to make me go insane if it didn’t stop making me feel like this.  Handing me the Card, Luhan went to sit back down.  I raised the Card but I stopped before my lips could touch it when I saw the picture.

  It was so different the other pictures on the Cards of the boys sitting round me.  This picture, like the others, was of a boy standing who was surrounded by clouds and vivid blue sky.  What was different and had me stopping before Claiming this Card was his posture and what was a very little detail that was easily missed.  This boy was captured in every detail, his dirty blonde hair and perfect features, his eyes were cold and distant and he had a scowl on his prefect face.  He was gorgeous and it was painfully obvious just looking at the detail.  I was captured by his picture, even though I could feel the nauseous feeling creeping back into me from this Card, all that energy that seemed to pour out of it, I couldn’t stop looking at all the detail.

  The boy had his arms crossed over his chest that just added to the unhappy look on his face, but it was what he was holding that had me stopping and looking closely at it.  In his right hand he had a Card held between his index and middle finger; the Card was facing towards the angle of the picture so I was able to see the little artwork of this Card. 

  A Card within a Card.

  My eyes widened as I realized why this Card seemed to hold so much power.  This Card and it’s Warrior were combined with another Card and Warrior.  Somehow this Card managed to trap another Card within itself.

  If I Claimed this Card I was not only Claiming one Card, but two.  I don’t think this is supposed to be possible.  Each Warrior resides in one Card.  But this Warrior seemed to be in a Card within another Card.  If I Claimed this Card, do I in turn Claim the other Card?

  So, I’ve now figured out why this one Card seems so powerful.  But it seems too impossible to be true.  Now I’m only confusing myself the more I look at this Card and try to understand it.

  “What’s wrong, Sky?”  Sehun asked snapping me out of my thoughts as I looked at the Card.  Somewhere along the way the feeling I got from this Card – or Cards?  I don’t know anymore – seemed to lessen but was still present. 

  I shook my head, “Yeah, sorry.”  Keeping all the questions in my mind I laid my lips on the creepy Card.  Unlike when I kissed the others Cards and gained a feeling of safety and warmth, with this Card I got a feeling of hatred and pain.  Did this feeling reflect what the Card was feeling inside before I Claimed him? 

  Whatever this feeling was I really didn’t like it and it scared me to bits that this was the feeling I was getting from a Card I just claimed.  Removing my lips from the freaky Card I waited for the Warrior to appear.  I have no idea if only one will appear or if two will.  That just confused the out of me and I want to figure it all out.

  The others looked between me and the Card I was holding in my hand waiting.  They clearly knew who was supposed to be in this Card, but I don’t think they realized that there were two of them in that one Card.  A few seconds past before a boy that looked exactly same as the one on the Card I was holding materialized in front of me.  The only thing that made this boy different than the one on the Card was that the boy in front of me had his hands by his sides and he had no Card in his hands.  The facial expression was the same, he looked pissed and his eyes were filled with hatred.

  He was tall.  Maybe taller than Chanyeol, so I had to look up at him slightly to see his full expression.  He wore a black muscle shirt that hugged his body in all the right places and a pair of faded blue jeans.  Yeah he was by far the best looking of all these boys, and that expression just seemed to add to his hotness even more.

  I had to tear my eyes off of the god in front of me to look back at his Card.  In the picture of his Card it still had him holding that tiny Card.  He eyes were scanning over the boys in the room and me as if calculating everything that was around him.  When he looked at me, it was as if he was trying to test me, to see what I would do.

  The feeling I got from his Card was gone as I was holding it and seeing him standing in front of me.  But I could still feel a power coming from it, just wanting to be released; that’s when I knew the Warrior in front of me had the second Card in his possession.  I couldn’t read him at all though, his -face – that’s the best way I can describe it – wouldn’t let me see what he was feeling.  That one expression hid all others that I might be able to figure out; he didn’t twitch or have any kind of tell.  I couldn’t figure him out by just looking at him.

  I could feel the eyes of the boys on me from around the room as I looked at the boy in front of me.  They waited to see what I was going to do, they knew I was scared of the Card at first, but the Warrior it held didn’t carry the same fear with him.  Sure he looked scary and the feeling I got when I kissed his Card was terrifying, but he didn’t seem that bad.  He had to have a soft spot, everyone had one, and I just have to find his.

  But getting through to him right now wasn’t my main priority.  Right now I had to find out where that other Card was and how it happened that two Cards seemed to fuse together like these two did.

  “Where’s the other Card?”  I asked breaking the silence that had enveloped all of us.

  “What Card?”  The Warrior countered in a deep husky voice that was making me go a little weak.

  I held up his Card and pointed to the Card that he was holding in the picture, “That one.  Where is it?  I know you have it.”

  I got straight to the point; I wasn’t going to waste both of our times by beating around the bush about this.  The Warrior knew what I was talking about and was denying it, and he was pretty good at it too.  Too bad I’m pretty good and being able feel the bonds and have figured out what a few things are, and I can tell he’s lying.

  He just cocked his head to the right and continued to look at me.  “Are you going to order me to give it to you?”  He sounded so cocky.  Fine, if he wants to play it this way, I can only play along.  But these are on my terms.  He doesn’t want to give me the Card fine, he just better not lose it. 

  The other boys were fidgeting after hearing that comment, but I just blinked up at the Warrior in front of me, “Nope.”  I let the ‘p’ pop before moving around him to see the others since he was in my way of seeing all of them clearly, “Can I train?”  I asked Chanyeol since he was in charge of when, and how long, I trained for because of our deal.

  “Go ahead.”  He replied.

  “Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter