50*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chen’s POV

  It’s been three days since we had that ‘bonding’ experience as a whole group.  It was good to hear the way each of us was Claimed, all at once.  I learned things about Sky and the others I hadn’t known before.

  Don’t get me wrong, listening to the guys talk about their feelings was a little strange for all of us, but we’re close enough that it doesn’t really bother us anymore.  It made things get a little clearer as to the story behind each of us. 

  Kris still will not share what happened to him and what he thought.  Every time we ask what happened before Sky Claimed him he would ignore it and walk away.  Whatever he was trying to keep from us ,he was doing a pretty good job of it.  But he was also keeping us at a distance.

  He wouldn’t let any of us in.  He would talk with us about what was happening here and now, but when the past was mentioned he shut down and left.  Not even Sky could get much out of him, but she wasn’t trying so I can’t exactly count that as much.  The two of them were on a set of terms, she asked nothing about him and he would play nice.

  Training was the same as always, but somehow Sky managed to get us to all give in and do training in groups.  We trained in groups of three or four and went up against another team of three of four.  What none of us liked about it was that Sky was part of one of the two groups most of the time.

  She has yet to get hurt, but I still worry that she will get hurt the longer we keep doing this.  She may be strong and have enough skill to fight with us, but to go against more than one of us at a time is risky.

  I still feel terrible about the first time she almost took on two of us.  I fell for her little trick and it almost got her killed.  Had she not managed to get out of the way like she had, she would have died in the collision.  I hate myself over the fact that something could have happened, but I was glad that she had come out of that without a scratch.

  Second thing we have done since Kris got here?  Worked on way to incorporate him in the strategies we already had set up and to redo the old ones we didn’t like.

  Sky had the great idea of matching us up with the other Warriors that we shared the same Specialty with and do combination attacks with more than one Warrior using the same Specialty at the same time.  It was working out pretty well, the attacks were stronger now that more than one Warrior was putting force behind it and it could cover a wider range.

  There wasn’t much training done while she was at school.  From what she has told us, there’s a school competition coming up and they are getting ready for that.  I have no idea what this competition entails and she hasn’t really told us much about it.

  I don’t believe many of us have much of a problem with it so long as she doesn’t get hurt.  She has shown that she can take care of herself so there isn’t much reason why we need to worry much about her during classes.  Where we will always worry is when she is against a Warrior.

  We had given Sky the other charms.  The only one left was Tao’s.  I had hope that Sky would find his Card, she has already found the eleven of us so I wasn’t worried about her finding Tao now.  He would show up sometime, so I didn’t think much of it.

  Soon, all twelve of us would be back together and we would enjoy ourselves with as much fun as possible and with the most amount of power we would attain.  We were going to enjoy ourselves for the rest of our time here, we would enjoy the time we had with Sky, and we would enjoy our freedom.

  “Watch out, Chen!”  Sky shouted.  I spun to look at where she called from only to have myself drenched in water.  Not only was I wet but the area around me was soaked with water.  “Sorry!  We’re still working on this!”

  I growled as I looked at the two that were the cause to this.  My friends were so going to get it when I had the chance.  Now I have to dry off before making even a little flame is going to be possible.  This is why I don’t currently like water.

  Sky, Suho and Lay are all working on trying to make something work.  I have no idea what it is, and now being wet because of it, I don’t want to find out.  Going to find out means going back into the area where I have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter