82

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**Important Author's Note at the end! Please read~

  Ten days until the inter-school competition.  Nine days to figure out what I am going to sign up for.  Nine days to learn to control my Ability properly so I don’t harm anyone in whatever I sigh up to do.

  I just finished learning how to control my Ability with Chanyeol’s Specialty and I’m about to start with D.O on his.  As I make my way over to him I don’t even chance tapping in to my bond with him, I don’t know what I might accidently do.  I have no idea how he controls his power and I don’t want to do anything to mess up without him there to fix anything I do wrong.

  D.O was lounging on the ground flipping through a book when I stopped in front of him.  He looked up at me and smiled like the angel he is.  He closed his book and stood up, “Are you finished with Chanyeol Hyung?”

  Smiled softly back at him I replied, “Yeah, we just finished.” 

  “Alright then, I guess we should get started then.”  D.O breathed as he took a deep breath.  “One thing I’m warning you about right now is you won’t learn how to manipulate anything right away.”

  I looked over at him puzzled, “Why?”

  “You have to understand how the earth works before you can ever make it do what you want.”  D.O said as he found a space well away from the others and sat down crossed legged.

  “So then what do I have to do?”  I asked as I copied him.

  “I’ll walk you through this, but you have to stay relaxed.  If you didn’t already notice our powers can react to our emotions, so anything you feel you just have to go with it – it’s most likely normal.”

  After Chanyeol went through explaining hi whole Specialty I realized it’s probable best to just listen to what the boys have to say before jumping to conclusions.  I honestly don’t think Dealers realized how hard it is for Warriors to control their Specialties.  It isn’t as easy as Warriors getting an order and then what you want to come out occurs.

  If a Warrior doesn’t know how to do something, forcing it to occur is probably the worst this to do, and that is just what I’m seeing happen.  Warriors need to train and practice their Specialties to be able to do them to their best ability, but that just isn’t happening, at least with other Dealers.  I’ve let my Warriors train and practice and hone their skills.

  Take Sehun for the best example.  At first he couldn’t control air without moving, and he said that he wasn’t going to be able to learn how to do it without having to move.  But I look at him now and he is able to do the same things as before but he doesn’t need to move a muscle.  He practiced and he put effort in to learning and what came out of that effort could be seen.

  He didn’t force it to happen right away, he trained himself to become stronger and overcame that obstacle in his path.  He never forced himself to do it right away; he let time run its course and took the time to learn.

  And that’s exactly what I need to do; I can’t master something right away.  I won’t be able to just tap into all the bonds right away and learn how to do things in a snap.  There are things behind just being able to control these Specialties that can’t be seen, things that you have to understand before being able to make each power do as you want with it.

  It wouldn’t be any different for D.O as it was with Chanyeol or any of the others.

  “Close your eyes.”  D.O said calmly.

  Following his command I shut my eyes and let the darkness surround me.  I didn’t think of anything, I didn’t picture anything; I simply let the darkness behind my eyelids consume me as I waited to hear what D.O would have me do next.  My breaths evened out and I let go of time.

  “Find your core.”  D.O’s calm, melodious voice rang through my head.

  How much time had passed, I could not say but I followed along to his instructions.  Looking within myself I let my mind go free and found myself soon outside the glowing core.  A place hidden deep within my mind, a place of peace and connections – my core.

  It shown the deepest and brightest of reds.  It reflected the color of the sky and my hair perfectly.  The gold and red bonds that converged in this one shot glittered and shown from the light my core was giving off.

  Taking a steadying breath I stepped past the outer barrier of my core and let its heat and warmth surround me comfortingly.  This was the only place that was safe from everything; nothing could harm me while I was here.

  My bond with Chanyeol looked stronger, it pulsed with power unknown to even the two of us.  Learning to control his Specialty allowed us to grow closer, allow our bong to gain strength.  I was sure that once D.O was done teaching me, his would be the same as Chanyeol’s.

  Flitting through the twelve bonds I found D.O’s.  I could feel his warmth and care radiate from the depths of his bond to me.  The care and motherly feelings he also seemed to have been all well preserved in his connection to me.

  I let my hand glide over the manifestation of our bond. I let the feeling it gave me wash over me before I let myself connect with it.  To say I got a rush would be an understatement.  I took in a long deep breath as the feelings to D.O’s power rushed through my body.

  “Relax Sky.”  D.O’s voice shook me out of the intense feelings that were running rapid through my body.  “It’s a lot to take in at first, but you have to relax.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter