140*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   “That was reckless, Sky.”  Chanyeol huffed as he dragged himself over to me and leaned back against my legs.  The sheets of flames were still blinking across his cornea every few minutes.

  “Your eyes, Chanyeol, they look like his did.”  I mentioned as I brushed my thumb under his left eye.

  He nodded weakly, “I know.  You have it worse though, your iris is like a living flame is playing inside it”

  “Why?  Will it go away?”

  He sighed, “Yeah, it’s only temporary.  It’s just the physical representation of the over use and strain of our inner flame.  It’s trying to stabilize itself once again from the force we used it to contain the blast and the strain it was put through.  Although, you didn’t just use your flame to create the final wall, you forced it to leave you are wrap around the pillar and contain it.  That’s why it’s living within your eyes, because you had to keep your eyes on it and control it while it left your soul.”

  “Isn't that dangerous?”  Kris asked coming up beside Chanyeol.  “Letting the flame that keeps your fire alive leave your body?”

  “If it doesn’t come back, yes.”  Chanyeol replied.

  “Really, Sky?”  Suho groaned, “I thought you were done with your suicidal actions.”

  “Well I couldn’t let him kill everyone, now could I?”

  “Yes.  Yes you very well could have.”  Kai snapped.  “We don’t care about everyone else, Sky.  Your life is the only thing we care for and will protect, so please stop being the damn hero and leave it be.”

  “I can’t do that.”  I sighed.  “I can’t leave someone to suffer if I can stop it.  I won’t watch someone die just so I’ll be safe.”

  “You’re too kind.”  Luhan breathed.  He brushed a strand of my hair from my eyes, staring into them as he watched the flames that burned within them.  “And far stronger than we originally thought.”

  “What the were you thinking!”  Yongguk’s gruff voice boomed around us.  “Do you have any idea of the problem you have caused around campus now.”

  My eldest cousin came up and stood menacingly behind my Warriors.  “You honestly think I care right now, Yongguk?  You weren’t going to do anything and wouldn’t listen to me when I tried to warm you, and I had I not stepped in and the Warriors not done what they did, all of us would have died.  You included.”

  His hands curled into fists as he eyed me, “The entire Academy was bound to have seen that spectacle and grow panicked, not to mention the hysteria that has begun from the students that witnessed it first hand here.”

  “It's better than them being dead.”  Baekhyun snapped.  “You should be thankful Sky actually did something to prevent you from dying, because she very well could have just left you here and let the Warrior kill you along with everyone else.”

  Yongguk spun around and glared at Baekhyun with absolute venom.  “What did you just say to me, Warrior?”  He spat.  “You best know when to hold your tongue before you loose it for disrespecting a Dealer.”

  Baekhyun had the audacity to scoff when he saw how riled up he was making my cousin.  “I hold no respect for you at all and I don’t need to.  You are not my Dealer and you don’t control me, and if you’d like I can’t quote to you the rules.  No Dealer can punish the Warrior of another Dealer; Warriors are the property of the Dealer which Claimed them and thus are only subject to following the orders of their Dealer and the punishments their Dealer sees fit.  Any Dealer that punishes a Warrior that does not belong to him for any reason shall stand before the Descendant.”

  If steam could come from Yongguk’s ear, now would be the time it would happen.  “You insolent Warrior, how dare you.”  Raising his fist he aimed to slam it into Baekhyun’s abdomen.

  Reacting quickly, Baekhyun grabbed Yongguk’s fist tightly.  Yanking him closer he spun my cousin so he had his arm pinned behind his back.  If he put any more pressure on it, Baekhyun would dislocate his shoulder and break his humerus.

  And this was what I was trying to prevent from happening between the two groups.

  “That is enough!”  I shouted.  “Baekhyun!  Let him go.  Yongguk!  You know better than to act like a child.  Blatantly breaking a rule that has just been spoken loud enough for everyone around to hear and watch it being tossed aside from someone so well respected.”

  “I’ll deal with you later, Baekhyun.”  I growled into his mind as I forcefully broke every wall he had up to shield his mind.  I could see him wince as I forced my way in against his will.  “You know better.  I expected more form you.”

  “You need to restrain your Warriors, Sky.  You see what happens when you let them run wild.  They’re animals, murderous animals.”  Yongguk spat as he pulled himself away from Baekhyun and over to where the four other Royals were standing, watching us as they waited for Himchan to return.

  “You’ve changed.”  I sadly stated.  “You aren’t the same boys I grew up knowing.  We are far too different in our views.”

  “Maybe we are, but it might be best you know just how dangerous your Warriors can be when set loose to do whatever they want.”  He eerily calmly said as he pulled a Card out.  He brought it to his lips before putting it away, a smirk forming on his lips in the process.  “It’s about time they get leashed and beat into submission.”

  I did not like where this was going.  For some strange reason I thought that once I met my cousins again things would go back to how they used to be before they left.  We’d sit for hours and talk about anything and everything; we’d go out shopping and pick the most outrageous things for each other to try on.  We’d laugh, joke and play.  That was all a useless fantasy; things weren’t ever going to be the same.  As soon as I joined this world fully, there was no going back to the way things once were.

  I’ve changed too much and far too much time as past for everything to remain the same.  My cousins have grown up; their personalities have matured and changed over the course of time, they become fully immersed into this word of Cards and embraced it into their beings.  They live by this worlds rules, conform to its norms and let the darkness and power found here corrupt their minds even the slightest bit.

  I don’t fit in; even my own family is proving that to me.

  “Show yourself, Flare.”  Yongguk said in the silence that surrounded us.  I felt Tao flinch against me as he heard Yongguk’s words, I felt Chanyeol shudder against my leg, but it was Baekhyun who took a clear step backwards.

  Beside Yongguk a boy appeared from thin air, shimmering into existence.  I took a shocked intake of breath as the appearance of the Warrior settled into my brain.  I brought my hands up and covered my mouth as I looked at the damage done to the Warrior.

  His face had the worst of the marks.  Scars of a horrendous nature marred his otherwise beautiful face.  Starting at his temples a main scar ran down.  Black and burnt the left side of his face had the burn running along his jaw, ending just before his chin.  The right went from his temple and along his cheek bone.  From the two distinct scars, smaller more precise engravings branched off in swirls with other spirals coming off them.

  “Oh gods.”  I breathed as I met the blinded eyes of my cousin's Warrior.  In the lateral corners of both his eyes holes had been burned into the bone.  His eyes themselves were burnt and blackened; the muscles, fat tissue and cornea were charred and damaged beyond divine repair.

  Who would do something so cruel to a living being?  To inflict the type of damage upon someone to this caliber could only be done by someone with no feelings of remorse or compassion.  To be able to stand before this Warrior and do this to him was a frightening thought. 

  “What happened?”  I chocked out.

  “This is what happens when your precious Warriors get their hands on another Warrior.”  Yongguk spat.  “I had him go to chec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter