42*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Earlier update today for all you~

  This isn’t my Card.  The design is the same on the back, but I don’t recognize the photo and it doesn’t have a name on it.  Each of my Cards had the name of the Warrior it held written in gold calligraphy along the side, this Card didn’t have that.

  This Card was not mine, and it was probably not Claimed either.  The class had already left and Key had gone as well.  Kay found this Card and assumed it was mine when in fact it was no ones currently. 

  This was the fourth Card I have obtained where I haven’t found it myself.  First was Chen, who D.O found, then there was Kai, who I took off of my classmate, then Baekhyun who the boys got me when we were at the market.  And now this new Card that Key found laying around, and now it found it’s way into my possession. 

  Because of the design on the back, I’m going to assume that this is one of the Cards that holds one of the boy’s friends.  I knew I should Claim this Card right away so no one else can have it, but something was very different about this Card.  Something was telling me that I should go home and talk to the guys before doing anything.

  This Card was strange and it didn’t feel right.  Something was wrong with this Card; it didn’t feel like my other Cards when I held them.  It made my spine crawl in fear as I held it.

  I had to talk to the boys about this.  Making sure I had everything, I ran home as fast as I could, I wanted this Card out of my hand as fast as possible.  The longer I held it, the worse I felt.  By the time I reached the gate I was feeling nauseous.

  Making it into the living room, I dropped the Card onto the table and fell onto the chair behind me panting for breath and trying to get the nauseous feeling to go away.  Whatever was up with this Card was starting to scare me a little.  That Card held a lot of power, and it didn’t seem like a very positive kind of power.

  Calming down and letting the sick feeling fade, I summoned the ten boys with soft kisses on each of their Cards.  Each kiss brought soothing feelings to me as my lips lingered on their Cards, even Summoning them brought a warm feeling to my heart.

  “Are you okay, Sky?”  Lay asked worried as he appeared, “You don’t look good.  What happened?”

  Of course Lay would notice the small details that indicated I was still feeling the after-effects of holding that menacing Card.  I was starting to get second thoughts of Claiming that Card, and I can honestly say the thought of throwing that Card in a fire and getting rid of it for good has crossed my mind more than once.  Whatever was in that Card, I don’t really think I want to have to deal with it. 

  “I’m doing okay, Lay, just a little nauseous right now.”  I honestly answered him.

  “How was class?”  Chen asked taking a seat on my left.

  “It was alright.  Key had us training with each other again.”

  Kai laughed, “You didn’t hurt anyone did you?”

  That comment earned an elbow in his stomach from D.O who was beside him, “Don’t listen to him, Sky.”

  “Why are you feeling sick?”  Suho asked.

  “You’re not getting sick again, are you?”  Xiumin asked cautiously.

  “I’m not getting sick and I’ll feel fine in a little bit.”  I said

  Sehun, Luhan, Baekhyun and Chanyeol found spots to sit down around the coffee table where the creepy Card was laying face down.  None of them had noticed it, and I wasn’t going to say anything about it until this sick feeling went away.  I don’t want any reminders about that Card with so much bad energy locked away in it.

  As I let my gaze pass over it, I could just imagine black waves of malice surrounding it as it lay there untouched and unmoving.  It really didn’t help me want to have anything to do with this Card, it was only heightening the feeling of wanting to get up and run as far away as I could from it.  How Key was able to touch it and carry it was beyond me.  I should have just told him it wasn’t mine and not taken it.

  Just having it in the house kept chills running up and down my spine.  I let my body shake from the force of the chills running through me; looking at it was not helping me one bit.  It was getting kind of obvious that I was upset about something the longer time past.

  I was starting to feel scared just being this close to that Card.  I don’t know why I’m feeling like this, heck, it was just a Card that hadn’t been Claimed, so why was a scared.  Why was I feeling like this?  What was so wrong that I was subconsciously getting terrified over something that had never bothered me before?

  What I was feeling was involuntary and I had no control over it.  I was having trouble keeping my eyes off of the Card on the table, no matter how much I tried to look away or forget about it, the more my body would be aware of it sitting there.  I was more afraid of the feelings I was getting than the Card itself.

  “Sky, what wrong?”  Baekhyun asked concerned.

  “Tell us if something is wrong.”  Sehun threw in just as worried.

  “Make these feelings go away.”  I shivered.

  Yeah, I was really starting to get upset over the feeling rushing through my body that I had no control over.  It’s like that fight or flight reflex in me was fighting with itself. 

  On one hand I wanted to stay here and figure this Card out, there was something unique about it that I wanted to know more about.  On the other hand, I wanted to get as far away from that scary thing.  The Dealer in me wanted this Card so much, something was drawing me to this Card with so much force; the human in me didn’t want anything to do with it, it was scary and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter