131*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Everything was white.  Blinding white was all I saw as I spun around in the seemingly endless space.  When my hair blew in my face, the red color was a stark contrast.  It reminded me of blood flying through the air, the color was so similar it was frightening.

  I looked down towards my feet as I felt silky material brush against my legs while I was looking around.  The layered sheer material of a simple halter style dress, brushed and flowed around my legs, the tight, white flats hugged my feet effortlessly and comfortingly.

  Everything was white save for my hair; it was unnerving to say the least.  “Hello!”  I called into the blank nothingness.  My voice never echoed, just faded into the air.  “Is anyone one there!”  I tried once more, but still received no answer.

  I was alone; no idea where I was nor what was happening.  The last thing I can remember is the searing pain running through my body before everything went numb and all I could see was black darkness.  No warmth, no pain, no sensations.  Everything was shut off, shut down.

  I took a tentative step from where I found myself in this white-blanketed space.  Looking around me I took another few steps, my eyes drifting from one place of endless white to another.

  “Hello?  Can anyone her me?”  I tried once again, but still got no reply of any kind.  “What’s happening?  Where am I?”  I asked into the air around me, knowing I never would find out the answers to it.

  I continued to let my feet take light steps, hoping if I continued to walk I would reach something, anything, that would give me the answers I saught about this place.  I don’t like not knowing what was happening.  I have no idea where I am or what could be here, watching me, stalking me.  No clue where all this would lead me.

***

  I knew I was probably dead at this point.  It’s been what seems like hours of endless walking and still all I find is more white emptiness.  Am I even going anywhere?  I would ask myself time after time, since everything always looked the same after each step I took.

  I had long given up on calling out to people that weren’t there.  I was infinity alone here, and it was beginning to no longer bother me.  I had the time to think with no distractions of any kind.  Nothing to tear my gaze away from something around me, for it didn’t exist; no sound to pull me from my thoughts.

  I wondered how my Warriors were.  Had they already been painfully forced back into their Cards?  Had Nyx and Ember been able to give my message to them to remain happy and safe?  Had anyone found my corps?  Had another Dealer already Claimed my boys? 

  Did they even know I was no longer there?

  Did they forget about me?

  Was this even real?

  I stopped walking and sat on the ground with a frustrated groan.  Thinking was no longer a good thing; it only made me feel worse at this point.  I just want to know what’s happening, I want to know if my Warriors are okay, if they are being treated properly.

  “What the hell is going on?”  I screamed in annoyance.  “Can someone please just answer me, damn it!”

  My voice became distant before vanishing completely from my ears.  I shook my head in frustration, my red hair flying around me before I dropped my head and it fell before my eyes.  I ran my fingers through the soft strands as I released a long sigh.

  Placing my hands behind me I leaned back and tilted my head back, stretching my legs out in front of me.  Taking a few deep breaths I began to tap my finger on the ground as something to do to keep me distracted.  I have no clue when I’ll get out of here and no idea if I ever will, for that matter.

  For now, I am trapped and I just have to wait and see what is going to happen.

  I just hope I don’t have to wait to long for the answers.

  I imagined that I was once again with my Warriors, training with them, using my Ability, which allowed me to connect with them on a greater level.  The first day with Chanyeol where he taught me about his fire, how it flows, moves and destroys.  The way his eyes lit up as his flames danced around him.  How each flicker of fire was an extension of himself, and as his flames played between his fingers. 

  All of them, each of the boys, their Specialties were perfect for them; each one fit them and complimented their personalities.  It brought a sad smile to my face knowing I wouldn’t see them using their powers any more, that I wouldn’t see how they would almost light up when they could do as they pleased with them.

  Turning my head back to look around at the place I was in, I was taken by surprise when I caught something flickering in my peripheral vision.  I was certain it wasn’t my hair moving since it wasn’t red enough, and when I shook my head it didn’t move like my hair did.

  My eyes widened as I brought my right hand in front of me, and sat up properly.  I twisted my wrist a few times so I looked at both the palm and back of my hand in awe.  Moving my fingers back and forth I watched as the strand of fire spun between my digits.

  Feather light and radiating warmth, the flame danced around gracefully before I curled my hand into a ball before opening my fist to find the sphere on fire nestled in my palm.  Tossing it up into the air I caught it, before repeating it a few times before I got it to hover above my head.

  Lifting my left hand up I spun my index finger in circular motions watching as a little tornado began to form.  The wind spun around in quick, whipping motions.  I watched it for a while longer, cupping it in my hands and feeling it’s force my fingers.

  Tossing it up gently, I looked up and watched as the tiny swirling wind the powerful flames i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter