19*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chen’s POV

  After Luhan placed me back on the ground I stared at my Dealer as she was slumped on the ground crying.  Whatever Suho said to her, it clearly made her upset.

  It’s strange seeing everyone act so normally with her, and her with us.  But it troubles me that she can’t talk; most Dealers need to be able to talk to even make a relationship with their Warriors.  Maybe that’s her charm with them.  But it’s freaking me out a little.

  Chanyeol seemed so close to her as he tried to calm her down and reassure her, but she just pushed him away and ran back into the house.  All of us just watching as she went.

  “Don’t, Sehun, let her be.”  Luhan said sadly as he tore his gaze away to look back at me.  “I’m sorry about earlier, sometimes it’s best to just listen to Sky.  In case she doesn’t apologize, I’m going to do it for her.  She has her moods and you caught her in one of them.”

  “It’s fine, everyone has their bad days.  Even us.”  I replied.

  “Let’s go in a talk.”  D.O suggested as he lead us back inside.

  Going back into the room I was first summoned in we all sat down.  It was silent as we all just thought about what just happened.  “Can she really not talk?”  I asked, it was still really bothering me.

  “She lost her voice.”  Sehun sighed, “She got sick trying to prove a point.”

  “What kind of point?”

  Suho sighed and looked over at me, “She was trying to prove to me she wasn’t like other Dealers.  She wanted to show me that I had the choice to make my own decisions.”

  I knew Suho was more uptight about all this.  Along with Luhan, Kris and Xiumin they were always our strong points, and kept us together over the years.  But I don’t see why they couldn’t just let up a little.  Luhan was, so Sky can’t be all bad if he’s warmed him up.  And Suho isn’t as bad as he used to be, he’s got that spark back in his eyes that I thought was gone for good.

  “How did she do that?”

  “She almost killed herself.”  D.O muttered.

  My jaw went slack, “She did what?”

  “She almost drowned herself in the pool outback.  Heck, it got so bad our Cards were blazing.”  Luhan clarified.  “She gave D.O orders to make sure none of us interfered, and made Suho decide for himself if he would act without orders.”

  “We’re lucky she’s even alive.  She'd already out by the time Suho even did anything.  Had he waited a second longer everything would be over for us.”  Chanyeol bit out through his clenched teeth.  This obviously affected him more than the others, but I could still see the pain etched on their faces as they remembered it.

  “Does it actually hurt when your Dealer is dying?”  I asked, I’ve never had a Dealer die on me while I was Summoned so I never knew what it felt like.  Most Warriors never feel this feeling, so having it felt first hand must be hard.

  “It felt like I was being ripped to shreds as I stood there.”  Sehun piped in as he raised his hand to his chest.  “It’s no wonder Cards are never the same after they experience that.  I can’t even imagine the pain I could have felt if she had died.”

  “It’s a fate I would never wish on any Warrior.  I would take Destruction over having to witness my Dealer die in front of me.”

  “Are you serious?”  D.O asked as we all stared in shock at him.  I never thought he would be the one to say something like that.

  Suho nodded, “If you think I hate her, you’re wrong.  I care for her as you do.  It’s just not easy for me to show it.  You can hate me all you want for that night, but you all know the reasons I have for hesitating and freezing.  You would have done the same thing in my position.”

  “You may be right about that, Suho, but it doesn’t excuse the fact that she could have died.”  Sehun replied.

  “That’s in the past now, let’s move on and try to deal with what’s ahead of us.” D.O the ever wise one added.  “She still is going to have to deal with Kris.”

  “He’s in for a lot with her.  If she can make me crack with one simple - but very stupid - move, Kris won’t last much longer than I.”

  “While Suho is right, it will still be hard on her having to deal with him.  She’s a hard case and won’t budge for anyone.  But that doesn’t mean she doesn’t see reason behind other’s motives.  Kris will put up a fight before he finally gives in, but I know he’s only going to give in when she figures out his weak point.”

  “You think she’ll pick up on it?”

  “Have you seen her?  Even if she doesn’t, that pout of hers in the right situation would have any of us doing what she wants.  Chanyeol already proved that earlier.”

  “So do you like her, Chen?”

  “I can tell this will be fun, that’s for sure.”

 

Sky’s POV

 So I still feel like , but I’m all calmed down now.  I cried most of the night, and my throat just feels worse for it.  Guess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter