120

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I spun around and really looked at the six older boys now standing only two meters from my group.  I looked closely at the three that were standing slightly in front of the other three who hung back just slightly. 

  Two of them had black hair and had to be about two or three inches taller than I was.  While the third had silver hair and was at least six feet tall, it was like looking at Chanyeol or Kris.  But it was their face and eyes I really looked at.  There was something innately familiar about them.

  The way their gazes watched me, the expressions they had, something about it held me in wonder.  The boy in the middle, the one with the black hair, was the one who spoke with that deep husky voice.  The voice that was almost all too familiar to me.  The tone was slightly changed but it was essentially the same.

  “You were good out there.”  The silver haired boy commented with a smile.  His voice deeper than what I would expect when looking at his young face.  “You’re fighting style is different than most I’ve seen.”

  “I heard you were injured, but it didn’t seem to interfere much at all.”  The shorter black haired boy stated.  This was the boy that I saw at the last match, the one that most likely didn’t see me using my Ability.

  “Yeah, it’s healed pretty well.”  I replied.

  I felt Suho lean down near my ear and whisper, “Let’s go Sky, none of us are comfortable around these six Dealers.”

  I nodded and looked over my shoulder at the twelve boys who were all tense and flashed them a smile.  “I understand.”  I spoke to Suho before looking back at the group in front of me.  “I’m going to go, I’m sure your fans would love to talk to you.”

  “Are we going?”  D.O asked.

  “Yes.”  With my boys around me, we started to make our way away from the Dealers that wouldn’t leave my mind. 

  “We’ll talk to you again soon, Red Sky.”  I don’t know why that sounded so ominous and familiar but it sent shivers down my spine.  Both pleasant and terrifying.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

  Sky fought with amazing skill and grace that very few can do while having to hold themselves back.  I could see the way she had to pull herself back when she attacked, there were a few times where I thought she might actually cause the weak Dealer some serious injury but she managed to control herself in time.  She was slipping a little near the end, which is why he was unable to get up when she was finished with him.

  We all knew Sky would have a few injuries since she was fighting, but it was different from when it was just us she was just training with the twelve of us.  When it was us against her, we had her wellbeing at the center of our thoughts.  We didn’t have malice in our actions or our hearts as we fought.  It was purely training her skills and abilities, not a duel that had to have a winner.

  It was usually a draw or tie we would end in.

  This was different.  Very different and I don’t like that this is something she has to partake in.  There is too much risk against her, even if she is as skilled as I know her to be.  I was glad when it was over, and happy that she was pretty much unharmed in any major way. 

  My heart almost stopped beating in my chest when Sky was cut off by her gasp of shock.  Spinning around I looked at the place behind her and watched as the way the light bent and moved at a way it wouldn’t normally do.  The light waves were vibrating at a speed I wasn’t used to seeing.

  Sehun and Luhan dealt with whatever was oddly moving the light while I looked a little further down the field behind Sky and stiffened.  This is not good.  I looked over at my brothers, Kai, Chen and Suho all shared the same panicked look.  I was surprised slightly it was only four of us but there must be relatives amongst the group.

  “Suho says three of them are Royals.”  Luhan projected into my mind.

  I nodded my head to let them know that one that I could see was also a Royal.  Kai and Chen did the same.  This wasn’t good, a group of Royals approaching us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter