24*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I woke up the next morning to the boys bickering from the kitchen.  I had a little over an hour before classes would start, so it was time to get ready for the day ahead of me.

  Showering and changing into skin tight yoga pants and a red kami with a sweater over top,  I picked the necklace off the side table and put it around my neck.  The chain was long enough that the charms were hidden beneath the neckline of the kami I wore.  The smooth metal was cool against my heated skin, it was rather soothing knowing it was there.

  I found the eight boys standing around the island all talking, basically at the same time.  It was hard to hear even one full sentence from one person.  I could hear bits and pieces, but it was useless to figure out what the actual topic was since I couldn’t even understand what was being said.

  “Would you all be quiet!”  I shouted over their annoyingly loud voices.

  All of them looked over at me standing in the entrance way.  “Good Morning, Sky.  Did you sleep well?”  D.O asked as he placed a plate of food in front of one of the stools for me.

  “If I wasn’t woken up by a bunch of shouting it would have been better.”  I honestly replied as I took a seat and began eating.

  “Sorry about that.”  Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck and looked down.  I’m beginning to think he was the one who started the whole thing.

  “What did you do this time, Chanyeol?”  I shot him a look before continuing to eat.

  “It wasn’t me this time!  Baekhyun started it.”  He whined.

  “What, pray tell, did Baekhyun do to start that yelling match?”

  Baekhyun spoke up for the first time, “I mentioned waking you up for classes.”

  Oh, you have got to be kidding me!  They fought about waking me up!  How childish were these boys if they thought it was a good idea to start a verbal war over getting me up for classes.

  “Don’t yell at us, Sky.”  Sehun pouted, “You need your rest, you're still sick.”

  “I’m not going to yell.”  I managed to get out without yelling at any of them, “But, next time, no fighting over waking me up or not.  I told you I was going to classes today, so Baekhyun was right, if I didn’t get up I would be a lot more upset than I am right now if you had let me sleep in.”

  “I told you.”  Baekhyun replied bluntly to the others.

  “Just because I said you were right, Baekhyun, doesn’t mean I’m still not mad that you allowed the fighting to continue.  I honestly thought all of you were better than this.”

  I finished and pushed my plate back towards D.O who picked it up and began to wash it before putting it away.  “Don’t be mad at us, Sky, we are only worried about you.”

  “I know.  I’m not mad, just frustrated.  Look, get ready so we can go.”  I said.

  They filed out of the kitchen to get ready but Baekhyun hesitated before turning back and coming over to me. “You may have gained my brothers’ trust, but it will be harder to earn mine.  I’m going to play nice so they won’t be upset.  But every Dealer is the same, you won’t be any different.  And when the time comes you will show those colors to them.”

  Damnit he’s almost as bad as Suho.  And here I thought we were going to get along.  Why do I have to have the most difficult Warriors!  “Suho thought the same way.  I figured I wouldn’t have any other Warriors that were as strong willed as him again, but that was a stupid thought.  You can hate me all you want, Baekhyun, but remember one thing, something the others don’t even know about.  You don’t want to lose your brothers, I know the feeling, okay?  I’ve lost people too; I know what it feels like to be left alone and hurt.  I never want to hurt someone, never.  I can see the sorrow and pain behind all of your eyes, and I hate it.  I want you to be happy, Baekhyun, to live a little.  I care, and no matter what you might think, I have all of your best intentions at heart.”

  I took a deep breath to calm myself, I truly do hate thinking of all of this again.  Of all these painful memories of the family I knew before they disappeared.  He can think as he pleases, so long as he doesn’t ruin the happiness that is in this house, that I will never be able to stand.

  “You may think that now, but as you get older and are truly introduced to this world, are you positive you will never use us to get what you want?  That’s all Dealers see us as.  We are pawns to get the power you want.”  He hissed back.

  Baekhyun is cold and hateful, he has a flawless act around his brothers.  And just like he said would happen to me, he shows his true colors away from the others so they don’t see this side of him.  I knew that around him, all I would get were glares shot at me behind my back an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter