94

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Everything happens in the split of a second.  It’s over and done with before you can even understand how it works so you have to come up with your own thoughts on the matter.  That’s what Kai got wrong, he wasn’t thinking of it the way he was supposed to and he taught me the wrong way.

  How could I have been so blind to it?  It has nothing to do with particles and bursting apart.  How can that even be called teleportation anyway, it’s just a better form of manifestation.  Teleportation is something completely different.

  Only problem is I can’t prove what I think.  I can’t prove what I can’t see for more than a couple milliseconds.  Unless I can slow down the process I will never be able to know if what I think is actually happening.  I need time to go at an alarmingly slow pace so I can find out if this is real. 

  If I can’t figure out if it is actually possible I can test it once and see if it works.  If I can do it just once in a completely different way than what Kai taught me and receive no pain from it then I might have figured out the solution.

  I can’t do it from here though.  I can to be above the water surface to be able to tap into Kai’s bond and test this out.  Raising my hand slightly I felt myself lift off the bottom and rise to the surface of the water so I was once again sitting on the water’s surface.  Standing up I walked to the pool edge and stepped off the water.  Not a drop found on me after all of that.

  Touching my core I switched my connection for Suho’s to Kai’s bond and readied myself for this.  I have no idea how this is going to work or if it even will work but I have to give it a try or I won’t know.  I have to get this right or all of this might be for nothing.

  Biting my lip I got the picture of the living room in my head and held that image there.  Raising my hand I got my fingers ready to snap them but I did something different this time.  I didn’t let the snap control the little burst of power that would have previously gotten me where I wanted to go.  No, that wasn’t what worked, that wasn’t how this was supposed to happen.

  This wasn’t just a little burst of power that made everything happen, it was that burst of power that was causing all of this.  Letting Kai’s power wrap around me I finally snapped my fingers, the echo ringing through my head as I appeared in the living room exactly where I wanted to.  This time not a single wave of pain or discomfort flashed through my body.

  My eyes widened as I looked at myself, thinking something had to be wrong, but there was nothing.  I did it I finally did it!  Now I just had to see if my original thought were really what was happening.  For that I needed help.  And there was only one person who could help me.

  Tao.

  Problem is I don’t know what Tao’s room looks like or where it’s located.  Shutting my eyes I growl to myself in frustration.  Of course this was going to be my one problem I run into.  Or maybe it wasn’t.  The little voice in my head told me.  Think.

  Having no idea what my subconscious had in mind, but seeing that nothing would hurt in picturing anything I might as well try something.  There had to be other sides to this then just moving from one place to the next.  How was it that Kai never managed to land on someone, or did this Specialty just do that for him?

  Letting my Ability wrap around me I thought of Tao.  What he looked like and who he was, and that’s when it happened.  Like with Chen’s Specialty if I wasn’t seeing it I wouldn’t believe it myself.  In my head, as clear as any picture I saw Tao in his room laying in bed, I could see every detail about the room, every piece of clothing on the floor.  Everything.

  Picking a spot between his bed and the door I snapped my fingers as I opened my eyes.  To my absolute amazement I was in Tao’s room exactly where I wanted to end up and the place looked the exact same as it had in my head.

  “Tao.”  I called lightly from where I stood.  “Tao wake up, I need your help.”

  I only had a second before Tao bolted upright in his bed and stared at me, eyes wide open in shock.  The sheet around his waist as his shirtless chest was fully facing me.  Each of his muscles were well defined and his abs where a sight to see.

  I blinked over at him not exactly sure what to say.  I blinked a few more times as he two blinked over at me shock clearly painted over his features.  “What are you doing here Sky?”  He asked as if I wasn’t real, as if this didn’t just happen and it was all a dream.

  “Well.”  I cleared my throat, “I, uh, need your help.”  I managed to get out.

  “Oh, um.”  Tao looked away and rubbed his neck nervously; “I’ll meet you downstairs.”

  “Yeah, great.”  I reply as I vanish from his room.

  That was beyond awkward.  Oh my, I grab a glass from the kitchen cupboard and filled it with water.  Downing the water in seconds I place it on the counter.  I can’t get the sight of Tao half in bed out of my head.  I’m not a ert or anything, hell I didn’t even know that was going to happen but I can’t say I’m complaining all that much.

  I have no complaints whatsoever.  To bad it was probably the most awkward thing ever for the both of us.  I didn’t miss Tao’s face blazing red near the end as he looked away from me.

  “What was it you wanted?”  Tao asked from the entrance to the kitchen.  Jumping I spun around to face him.  “Are you adjusting to teleporting, I don’t feel anything wrong with you so that’s good.”

  He was standing there in a black muscle shirt and sweatpants.  The thin tight fabric did nothing to hide what I saw earlier, not one bit.  “I’m fine, I need your help with something.”

  “In the middle of the night?”  Tao asked as he yawned.  His eyes squinting in the cutest way as he did so.

  “It couldn’t wait.”  I replied handing him a glass of orange juice.

  Taking a sip he sat down on one of the stools.  “Well, since I’m already awake I guess I can help you.”  He was clearly trying to avoid the topic of what happened in his room earlier and I’m glad he is.  I have no idea how to even broach that topic.  It’s just going to stay as a very nice mental image.

  “I need you to use your Specialty.”  I stated.  No beating around the bush, just straight to the point.

  Tao chocked a little on the juice, “What?  Why?”

  “It’s a long story.”  I said in passing.

  He shook his head, “No chance.  Unless I kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter