53*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  I didn’t dare take the Card out of the case.  I looked at it through the cover, not wanting to damage it anymore than it already was.  Seeing it up close, my breath was taken away from me at the horror I had to look at.

  The Card had the same design as the other eleven Cards I had, but it was so hard to even make out the design because of the black smoke marks and the charred edges.  The bottom right corner had gotten the most damage, the corner was as good as completely burnt away and the fire must have spread around the edges of the Card since they were also burnt and blackened.  I tried so hard to see the picture on the front through the marks the smoke had left and the small holes that were surrounded by burnt rings.

  It was no wonder Kris said this Card was destroyed.  From what I learned in class the only way to really destroy a Card is to burn it, well this Card is burnt, and pretty badly at that.  I felt really bad that this had to happen to someone they all cared about so much for.

  “You never deserved this.”  I said to the Card in my hand.

  I sunk to the ground at the base of the ledge and cradled the Card in my hands.  No Warrior ever deserved this to happen to them.  No Warrior should have to go through the pain that this entailed.  I could hear the faint pained screams from the other boys who were now hearing that happened from Kris.

  All of them were hurting because of the loss on one of their brothers.  I hated the feelings I was getting from them.  I hated to anguish in their voices.  I hated the pain and sorrow running through the bond.  I hated that they were in pain.

  “Your brothers all care for you so much, you know that?  I can feel the pain of your loss in each of them.”  I told the Card.  I don’t care if I’m talking to something that can’t hear me and can’t understand a thing I say.  But it comforted me in a way, even if this Card held no Warrior and would fall apart if taken out of the case it was in, I could still get these feelings out.

  I was still looking at the little design on the front of the Card.  It was hard to make out but I could see a few details still.  It was clear that there was a boy in the center of the Card, he may have been faded but he was clearly standing there.  The other thing I could pull from it was that the background was indeed black with little white speckles, maybe stars.  I couldn’t make out much else.

  This Card was special, and no matter what my feelings were towards it, this Card was more than just a means to get power.  This Card was the final connection to the all the boys that are in the back.  This Card was the final link to them being who they were born to be.

  Do I have any idea what I’m talking about?  No, none at all.  This is what the little voice in my head is telling me and I’m just going to listen to it since it hasn’t been wrong so far.

  I came up here first to just think about all the things that have been going on and what I’m going to do about the competition coming up.  If I wasn’t going to participate in the Dual Combat portion then what was I going to do?  I could do either one and still come out on top.  At least I hope I could.  But I still didn’t want to let the idea of participating in the Dual Combat go.

  I still have no idea what I’m going to do about all of this and now I have the added problem of all the boys being really upset and a Card that is close to disintegrating.  I do not have the time or the energy to deal with all these problems.  Before coming to this school I never had so much to worry about.

  Keeping a gentle grip on the Card in my hand I decided it was a good idea to see what the boys were doing.  It wasn’t much of a good idea.  The yard was in worse shape then when Luhan destroyed it the first time.  The area surrounding the pool was soaked and some of it was flooded.  The three pyros had managed to burn most of the area around them and make ash out of a few trees.  Sehun was doing a good job at making all moveable objects in the back yard move places and be thrown about.  Kai and Luhan had tag-teamed and were making things even more chaotic.

  Kris was standing to the side watching the others vent out their frustration.  And I didn’t miss the few times that things would be thrown towards him hoping to hit their target.  To my relief he was able to dodge most of it or deflect it somehow.  I did not need any of them hurt, that would only add to my worry.

  The longer I watched them the more I was scared of any of them getting hurt.  I had to turn away and sit back down on the roof where I couldn’t see what was going on before I started to worry about all of their safety.  For now I was going to keep my focus on the Card Kris had given me.  I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter