115

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Today’s the day that everything will begin.  All of our training and time has been put towards getting ready for this to start.  Taking a deep breath I push myself out of my bed and over to the bathroom to get ready.  The twelve boys are probably not up yet so I leave them to get as much rest as possible.

  This is going to be hard on all of us.  We’ve never had to fight where the aim is to win and not just train.  I know the boys have done this before, this is how they have lived their lives, how they have survived over the years.  But with me this wasn’t a necessity, that’s one of the reasons why I won’t let them fight for me.

  I can fight perfectly well myself.  I have the skill and the knowledge; I also have the strength.  I’ve been trained to be able to take care of myself and that is just what I am going to have to do in all of this.  My cousins trained me, I trained myself, and my Warriors trained me.  I can do this.

  But I also have to protect these boys.  More than half of them can’t use their Specialties since they do not conform to the five elements Cards reside under.  They can’t use their Specialties in public without any Dealer finding out just what kind of Cards they are.

  It’s my responsibility to keep them safe and that means no one can find out they are the EXO Deck.  I can’t use my Ability either or things will get complicated since I shouldn’t have an Ability in the first place.

  Everything is against us, but we will find a way to pull through in the end.  Nothing is going to stop me from protecting my Warriors and showing this world that even if I’m different I’m not one easily taken down.  This is just a challenge I have to get past, and I plan to have fun and not take everything as seriously.

  It’s a school competition, not some bloody battle where your life is on the line.

  Pulling on a pair of leggings and I large black hoodie I left my room.  As I made my way down to the kitchen I pulled my hair up into a messy bun.  Gently rubbing my eyes to wipe the last of my sleepiness away I walked into the kitchen.

  “Morning.” Chanyeol called from the place he took up at the island.  “Sleep well?”

  “I guess.”  I muttered.  “What happened after I left last night?”

  Chanyeol sighed.  And looked away from me.  He lazily drew shapes on the counter top as he swam in his mind.  He looked back over at me after a few moments, his eyes slightly glassy and a small frown etched on his lips.

  “What do you think of me?”  He asked as he continued to play with his fingers.

  I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion as I took the seat beside him.  I looked up and met eyes with him, held his gaze before I spoke.  “You’re a great guy.  You’re kind and funny; you’re there for me when I need someone to talk to.  You were the fist boy that came into my life here and have been one of the closest to me.  You always find a way to make me smile and laugh.  You know me more than any of the others.  I just wish I knew you like you know me as well.”

  I told him honestly.  His eyes still held that slightly glassy look; their green color was slightly dimmed in brightness because of that little wall.  And while his eyes remain solemn, his frown had slightly disappeared and replaced with the corners of his lips slightly tugged upwards.

  But it was his eyes that kept me trapped.  I couldn’t look away, more so than normally.  Neither of us looked away, and blinking didn’t seem to break the connection one bit.

  “What do you see me as?”  Chanyeol asked once the silence hung around us for a few minutes.

  I tilted me head, “What do you mean by that?  I see you as yourself, unique and special to me.”

  He shut his eyes and turned away.  “I‘ll get the other up so you won’t be late to the assembly today.”  He walked off, but I didn’t miss the small tear that slipped from his eyes.

  Doing something that might be a little stupid; I connected with my bond to Luhan.  I had to make sure Chanyeol is alright, I was worried about him.  The rush the connection gave me before I reach my mind out for Chanyeol was amazing.  It didn’t take long for me to find Chanyeol’s mind, and it wasn’t hard to get past the weak barrier he had blocking his current thoughts.

  His voice was velvety but had a deeper tone to it like it did when he spoke aloud.  “If I told you I liked you as more than my Dealer, would you accept me? Or is it only him?”

   I let him go after hearing that.  I left the connection go free and started to make myself breakfast along with something for the other boys.  The longer I get it’s the heads of these boys the more I beginning to think that they like me more than I first thought they did.

  I’ve heard one of the boys confess; I’ve heard Xiumin express his jealousy and Chanyeol now has thought both.  Kris has kissed me, twice, and because of the way they reacted the other night I don’t think these four are the only ones with these thoughts.

  The more I hear and experience from them, the more I have to consider what exactly my feelings for them are.  I’ve already admitted to myself that I like these boys and that I care for them.  But I still have answer to that one question, what is love?  I do not know yet, so I cannot say if I lov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter