39*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  The new Warrior was slender and good looking.  His light orange-blond hair was messy atop his head as he looked at Chanyeol.  I’ve waited so long for him to come home and now that he is finally here and I can see him, I’m even more worried then when he was gone.

  Seeing him in the weak state of his is so hard to process.  Chanyeol is usually so strong and always carrying that happy smile of his, but looking at him now he can’t do much of anything.  The new Warrior seemed to know what he was doing as he looked at Chanyeol.

  “He needs to eat and to rest in order to get back the energy he seems to have lost.  There isn’t much else I can do, I’m sorry, Master.”  He said softly as he looked back at me.

  “D.O!  Baekhyun!  Kai!”  I shouted for the three Warriors.

  They came into the room not long later and looked between Chanyeol, the new Warrior and me.  “Yes?”  D.O asked quietly.

  “D.O, go make Chanyeol something to eat.  Baekhyun, Kai take him to his room and make sure he stays there and goes nowhere.”  I said sinking onto the chair not far from me.

  I was going to trust Chanyeol that the new Warrior knew what he was talking about and that he was correct in what was best for Chanyeol.  I knew nothing about how to take care of someone when they were like this, I don’t even know what was wrong with him, but I really hate that he’s in this state.

  He stormed out of the house five days ago and when he finally comes back he is unable to move and can barely talk.  He looks lifeless and tired.  He had dirt on his clothing and looked a little thinner.  Something happened to him and he won’t say anything about it.

  When I woke up to hearing the boys talk to Chanyeol downstairs there was nothing that would stop me from seeing him.  Sehun tried to keep me in my room so I kicked him out of my way.  Chen stopped me at the top of the stairs, kicking him out of the way the same as with Sehun I thought it would be smooth sailing into the living room.  No chance of that.  Baekhyun blocked my path when I was only feet from the living room entrance.  Not waiting any longer, I flipped him and left him sprawled on the floor so I could get to Chanyeol.

  From there, well I didn’t know what to do.  Over the past week I’ve thought about how I would react when Chanyeol came home.  But nothing I thought of took into account the fact that he had to be carried in unconscious.

  I don’t even know anymore.  Everything is so confusing and frustrating.  I looked up at the Warrior as he looked down at me with curiosity swimming in her eyes.  Looking a little past him I saw Xiumin standing in the doorway hesitantly, “Are you here to annoy me?”  I asked him.

  The cute chubby cheeked boy shook his head, “I wanted to make sure you were okay after everything that’s happened this week.”

  I shut my eyes, “No, Xiumin, I’m not all right.  My emotions are running high and I’m worried about Chanyeol.”

  “He will be fine.”  The Warrior in front of me replied.

  Xiumin nodded, “He knows what he’s talking about.  If he says Chanyeol will be all right, he will.”

  I took those words to heart and hope that they would ring true when the time came.  “Are you still going to leave?”  I asked him.  I was scared that he might have decided that leaving would still be the best choice for him.  All I’ve done since he’s gotten here is cry and be a brat when my Warriors tried to talk sense into me.

  Walking towards me he stopped beside the skinny Warrior and gave me a soft smile, “You’ve proved to me that you do care about what happens to us, so I think I’ll stick around for a little longer.”  He held his Card out to me, “I’ll let you know if I ever want this back.”

  “I’m glad you decided to stay, Xiumin.  I can’t promise things wont’ be like this again, but I’m going to try to be the best Dealer you’ve ever had.”  I said with my happiness dancing in my tone as I accepted his Card from him again.

  “I’m going to see if D.O needs any help.  Call us if you need anything.  All right, Sky?”

  “I will, Xiumin.  And don’t eat all the food, I’ve heard the guys complaining about it most of the week.”  I laughed.  Shaking his head he left to see if D.O needed anything while I looked back up at the Warrior in front of me.  “Sit down, please.”

  The Warrior sat down on the couch Chanyeol had just been laying on and looked me over with so much curiously.  I knew he just wanted to ask questions but was trying to hold them back.

  “You can ask me any questions you have, I don’t mind.”  I told him as I leaned back, finally relaxing now that I knew Chanyeol was home and would be safe.

  “How many of my brothers do you have here?”  He immediately spit out, covering his mouth soon after in shame.  “Sorry.”

  “Don’t be.  I have nine others.  You’re my tenth Warrior.”  I answered him calmly.

  “Who?”  He asked.

  “Chanyeol, D.O, Luhan, Sehun, Suho, Chen, Kai, Baekhyun and Xiumin.  That’s the order I Claimed them in, if your curious.  Might I know your name?” I answered and posed my own question to him.

  He blinked cutely at me, “Did they all tell you their names?”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter