141*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ARGH! 

YG gave us that unsatisfactory April Fools gift, so I will give you mine.  This makes more sense than theirs does.

  I set the reasonably heavy bag on the ground before curling up on the chaise in the library.  Unclipping the metal case from my hip I placed it on the table beside me with my Cards safely tucked away.  My eyes lingered on it as I remembered what happened back at the field a half hour ago.

  I was still slightly in shock from learning, seeing and understanding just what the twelve boys did while I was in my core.  Being able to witness what they were capable of doing without remorse, what they could do if pushed the wrong way. 

  The memory of the damage done to the Warrior was imprinted in my mind.  One I did not wish to have or to have ever seen in the first place.

  Releasing a sigh I turned away from the metal case.  Raising my right hand I watched as the first book flew from the bag and into my outstretched hand waiting for it.  Turning the leather bound journal around in my hands.  The soft texture of the binding and the crisp looking pages within were a great grounding source for me.

  Being gentle with the book that must date a long ways back, I opened the front cover and settled the book on my lap.  The penmanship was lovely but at times messy, so it was tough to make it out.  There wasn’t much in the writing that I didn’t already know.

  A description on the workings of the Royal families, family trees from years ago when their bloodlines were still kept track of.  It was fascinating but not what I was looking for.  It didn’t give me answers to anything; it was only more reading material from a different perspective of everything I already knew.

  Setting it on the table in front of me, I let the next book float from the bag and onto my lap before I once again began to flip through it.  Still it would only repeat the same knowledge over and over.

  The material my cousins gave me has so far been as good as useless.  This was of no help and I have spent three hours reading through two books of decent size each.  Shutting the book I flicked my wrist and sent the book over to where the other was sitting and a new one came to rest in its place.

  Flicking my fingers the pages turned when I needed.  It was times like this that I quite liked having the power of telekinesis; Luhan must have such fun using this.

  I drew up short.  lloking up from the book i stared unfocused across the room.  “I’ve hardly ever seen them use their Specialties around the house.”  I spoke aloud as the realization crossed my mind.

  Kai walks everywhere and doesn’t teleport unless its during training.  Luhan will get up to get anything, no matter where he is or what he is doing.  Suho will go to the kitchen to get water instead of filling his glass when it empties.  Xiumin will get ice from the freezer and won’t cool anything without placing it in the fridge.  Occasionally Chanyeol will light a flame to bring a little joy to the house.  Lay will use his power to heal when someone is injured only and at no other time will he go out of his way to use it.

  It’s strange that I never noticed it before.  I see them using it out back when we trained; I watched them show it to me when needed but once inside the house they stopped using them.  Unless they had a dire need for it they almost avoid using the gift they have, yet here I sit with full control of all they can do and am openly using it to do the most simplest of things.

  “Why do they just stop all of a sudden?”  I asked myself as I turned to look at the case my Cards were sitting inside.  “Why don’t they use them?”

  I groaned.  “Of all times for new questions!  Why now!”

  Moving the book aside with another flick of my wrist.  I picked up my Cards, hesitating before opening the catch.  I was still upset about all that I learned and still did not know but I knew they could at least give me one answer to a question that finally dawned on me.

  I sighed once again and slipped Luhan’s Card out.  “I won’t regret this.”  I muttered to myself.  “I know them, I know them enough.”  I kissed his Card without a second thought.

  There wasn’t anything to think about in the first place, I’ve given trust to them over the time I have known these boys.  And while trust is broken faster than it is given, I can’t say with all my heart that they have completely broken the trust I have in them.  They’ve told me that had a hard past that, that it still affects them and they haven’t always been the kindest and gentlest of souls.

  Coming to learn some of the true horrors they can do shouldn’t be so shocking.  I’ve seen part of how they can act, it should have clicked then that it could be worse.  And even so, can I blame them completely for their actions?  They have a reason behind it that I do not know of, and until I learn what it is I can’t assume anything.

  It is assumptions that cause the greatest of misunderstandings and mistakes.

  Luhan appeared kneeling before me.  His head bowed and his hands on his knees.  He didn’t turn his head to look up at me and he didn’t utter a sound.  It was like the day I Claimed him in a way.  He did everything to look small and obedient.  It hurt to watch him act like this, to see him throw away the strong confident boy I knew as to not anger me.

  Luhan should know above all the others that it angers me more when he does this, than when he screams and lashes out at me.  I would take him hitting me than seeing him act like a wounded puppy.

  “I have a question.”  I calmly spoke as to not spook him.  I watched as he flinched when my voice cut through the silent room.  I could hear his breathing become heavier, felt as the walls guarding his mind gained strength as though he feared I would try to access it.

  I watched him closely as I asked him the question to answer the oddity I noticed.  “Luhan.”  I called to make sure I had his full attention, whether or not he looked at me or not.  “Why do you not use your Specialty around the house?”  Luhan’s head snapped up and his eyes met mine.  Wide and shocked his eyes watched, his breath held, mouth slightly parted.

  “Luhan, why do you not use them?  You are a telekinetic, yet I never see you using that part of yourself save for when you fight.  Why?”  I pressed when he continued to sit there and stare at me without making a sound or movement.  “Why, Luhan?”

  “That’s what I used to do with it.”  He muttered looking back at the ground.  “Back in time before this happened I used it for everything, I won’t do that again.”

  I hummed softly, “What did you use it for?”

  I dry laugh left his lips.  “Everything I could.  If I didn’t have to do something myself or could do many things at once then I would use it.  I trained my body to peak performance but did little else with it.  I used my Abilities for everything, but I’ve come to learn not to rely on it all the time.  I like that I do not have to use it constantly.”

  “So you do not use it because it brings up memories of your past when you do so?”  I asked him for clarification.

  I saw his head dip once.  “The less I have to remember, the better.”

  Reaching down I lifted his chin so his eyes would meet mine once again.  I met his eyes filled with the demons of his past swimming just deep enough I couldn’t make them out.  He hid them so deep within himself that they continued to eat at him.  Continued to haunt him without an escape.

  “Your past doesn’t define you, it shapes who you are today.”  I told him.  “Do not let it haunt you, do not fight it.  Embrace your past for it is the reason you have become the man I see before me now, Luhan.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter