44*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  All of us made our way back inside.  Xiumin and Chen would keep apologizing no matter how many times I told them it was all right and I wasn’t upset.  I wanted to talk with one of the boys about earlier when I was summoning the new Warrior and the feelings that came with it.  It didn’t seem normal and their reactions were a little to much from what I could tell.

  Suho was probably my best bet to go to if I wanted real answers that weren’t going to be soft on me.  Suho would tell me an answer straight and would deal with the emotions it brought after, the other boys would try to word their answers to be kind to my emotions. I wouldn’t get answers I wanted if I didn’t get the real answer.

  Maybe if I figure out all these conflicting problems around the Claiming of that Card, I could understand the Warrior it held a little more than just the emotions I got and the pissed off face he showed.  As the other boys began to file into the living room to relax I waited outside the doors and pulled Suho back before he could go in.

  He raised his eyebrows in curiosity but didn’t say anything else as I led him back outside to the pool.  I was wearing shorts right now so I sat at the pools edge and dangled my feet in the chilly water.  Suho sat himself down beside me and copied me by dipping his feet in as well.

  “What’s bothering you?”  He asked me in the silence that I created.

  “Earlier, with the Card.  I can’t stop thinking about it.”  I explained.

  “What about the Card can’t you forget, Sky?”  Suho asked me as he kicked his feet in the pool, but no ripples crossed the surface.

  “Before I Claimed the Card, I felt scared and trapped.  Bringing the Card back to the house when Key gave it to me, I felt nauseous from it being so close to me.”  I tried to explain everything as best I could but it is difficult.  “His Card, it’s different.  I don’t know how, but it is.  I wanted to get away from his Card so badly, like something was almost forcing me to get away from it, but another side wanted that Card so badly.  It had to have that Card.”

  “What were your exact feelings towards that Card?  What did it try to bring out of you?”  Suho asked back.

  It’s hard to voice out the feelings I left internally, there just didn’t seem to be the right words to use to tell him.  Why is communicating so hard! “I felt scared at first.  Scared of the Card and the power it held, but I also felt like I had to have the Card.  Like the power it had was drawing me to it and there was no way to fight it.”

  I wasn’t sure the best way to describe the feelings I had.  All I knew was that Card was different and I didn’t know if it was in a good way or a bad way.  Hoping Suho could enlighten me a little on these feelings I waited for him to respond to my answers.

  “You want to know about our reactions don’t you?”  He asked me.

  “Yeah.” I honestly answered him.

  Suho sighed and slipped into the pool, “We knew who’s Card that was the moment we saw it.  We could feel your intense feelings towards his’s Card as it was near you.  But it was more than just your mixed feelings that were passing though to us that had us upset, you gave us the feeling of being power crazed and destructive.  That’s why Xiumin and Baekhyun reacted like that.  Xiumin felt as if you were lying to us about not wanting power and Baekhyun was upset about the same thing.  The rest of us were shocked that you would ever have these feelings, since you never have before.”

  “I don’t even remember ever feeling like that.”  I told him trying to think back.  “ I didn’t feel power hungry and I never even let the thought play in my head that I should destroy this Card for being there.  All of you know that I would never hurt any of you, no matter what you do.  I don’t care about power, Suho.  I have all of you, but that doesn’t mean I am going to use you to gain fame or status, you’re my friends and that’s all I want you to be.  This school forces us to act in ways we don’t want to, but outside of these boundaries I want us to act like friends, nothing more.”

  Suho floated around in front of me, the pool still didn’t show a sign that he was moving the water around at all.  It was truly amazing how much control he had over the water.  “Can I join?”  I asked him.  He smiled and motioned for me to slip in with him.  Forgetting the fact that I was fully clothed I got up and dove into the water’s depths.

  “Want to try something fun?”  Suho asked with a smile.

  “What?”

  Before I could respond Suho sunk to the bottom of the pool and I soon followed him.  This may not have been my first time at the bottom of this pool, but it sure was I first time that I didn’t have to hold myself down and that I could actually breath at the bottom of the pool.

  “This is awesome!”  I said to Suho and he nodded in response.

  “It’s also more private.”  He answered and I had no difficulty hearing and understanding him even though we were submerged.  “He's going to be hard to get through to and we all know it.  Maybe those feelings you got were caused by the fact that you internally know that this is going to be more of a challenge then you ever bargained for.  But either way,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter