3*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  “Dealers. Like drug dealers?”  I asked sitting up straight and beginning to slowly panic.  I was in a school for a bunch of drug addicted freaks!

  Erik’s eyes widened at my sudden conclusion. “What?! No!  We are not drug dealers, Sky.  Oh, Gosh, no.  That isn’t what I meant by Dealers, Sky!”

  “Then what do you mean, cause the only thing I can think of when you say ‘dealers’ are drug dealers, Erik.”

  “That is one I have never heard of before.  I need to be more clear and explain this all to you.  So please just listen, no more interrupting, all right?”

  “All right.”

  “We are Dealers.  It’s a term used to refer to someone who has the abilities that we all posses here.  Dealers have the ability to Summon Warriors from Cards.  Now I know this sounds crazy but let me explain what Warriors and Cards are before you start asking me a million and one questions.”  Erik explained.

  I did have a bunch of questions but I would comply and let him finish explaining things before I asked.  So I nodded and he continued.  “Most of us were brought up knowing these things so I will explain what Warriors and Cards are so you have a basic understanding of how this works.  Cards.  How do I explain this so you will understand?  Cards are like where our power comes from.  No, that isn’t it.  Okay, lets try explaining to you what Warriors are first.  A Warrior is a being that is sealed in a Card.”  He said, watching me to see if I understood.

  I didn’t, and he noticed. “Each Card holds one Warrior.  Every Warrior has a ‘Specialty’ or power that they can essentially use.  There are five specialties: Fire, Water, Earth, Air and Spirit.  Do you follow me?”

  I thought for a second, “I think so.”

  “Okay, tell me what you remember.”  Erik said leaning forward slightly.

  I took a deep breath and tried to explain what he said back to him, even though it sounded insane.  “There are beings called Warriors and they live in Cards and they all have a Specialty.  Is that right?”

  “Kinda.”  Erik said shaking his head a little.  “Warriors don’t live in cards, they are being held in the Card.  It’s like being trapped inside a Card, almost.  But other than that, you seem to have an okay grasp on it.

  “Now the hard part.  Dealers are like the masters and Warriors are the slaves.  Dealers can summon a Warrior by kissing their Card and creating a bond between the Dealer and the Warrior.  Warriors obey everything their Dealer tells them to do.  It may sound a little mean but that is just how things work.”

  “Okay, but how does this have anything to do with me and this school?”  I asked.

  Erik smiled that brilliant smile of his, “You, my dear Sky, are a Dealer.  Just like everyone else here at Red Sky Academy.  This school was created to teach Dealers about how to use their Warriors properly and how to gain access to things they could never even dream about before.”

  I was left dumbstruck.  This whole place was for these Dealer people.  And there had to be a mistake, I was not like them.  Not one bit!  “I think you have the wrong person.  I am not like you.  This is all just crazy!  This is not real!”  I said, slightly panicked.  And I don’t panic easy.

  “It is real, Sky.  And I can prove it to you.  Please, you have to just watch and I can show you that this is all real and that you are like us.”  He pleaded.

  He didn’t really give me a choice in letting him show me anything, before he pulled a deck of cards with a swirly white pattern on the back of them.  I couldn’t see what the front looked like but he didn’t seem to really be paying attention to me.  He picked up the top card and raised it to his lips.

  A second later a boy with silver hair was standing next to Erik.  He was tall and had well-defined muscles that were clearly visible since he was wearing a white wife-beater that did nothing to hide his well-shaped body.

  “You summoned me?”  He said in his low voice.

  I was shocked; he was not here a minute ago.  How the hell did he get here?  Was my main thought as I stared at him in disbelief.

  Erik looked away from the boy and focused his gaze on me, “Is this enough proof for you, Sky?”

  I couldn’t speak.  The conversation over the last few minutes kept repeating itself through my head.  He was telling the truth about all of this.  Everything he said was true.

  About these Cards existing; about Warriors that come out of them.  Everything.  It was all true and the proof was standing right in front of me in all his beauty.

  This is one of the times I am so glad I don’t panic easily.  I may have started to panic before but this somehow didn’t bother me as much.  Just like when the sky changed, this didn’t seem like a big deal.  Just another change to the world.

  “Are you okay, Sky?”  Erik asked me.  The silver hair boy looked down at him curiously.  “This is Chan.  He was the first Card I ever acquired.”

  I nodded, “I’m fine.  And it’s nice to meet you, Chan.”  I said and flashed him a smile.

  Chan just stood there with a blank face as he looked at me.  My smile faded a little as I looked back at Erik.  “He doesn’t talk much does he?”

  “Most Warriors don’t.  They speak when needed to their Dealers and are otherwise silent.”  Erik explained.

  “That doesn’t seem right.”

  “How so?”

  I looked between Erik and Chan, “He seems so human.  I understand that Cards are not human, but they have to have some sort of humanity in them.  If they simply obey, then they are just dolls.  Can’t they refuse to do something?” 

  Erik chuckled, “They can refuse a Dealer’s orders, but it will always end badly for the Warrior and Card.  Warriors can’t disobey an order without being punished as their Dealer sees fit.  That’s just how things work.”

  “Have you ever punished your Cards, Erik?”  I asked, not to happy about this part of all of this.

  “I have, yes.  And my Warriors will never go against an order again.  Right, Chan?”  He said leaning back and looking at Chan.

  “Yes.”  Chan said in his low, emotionless voice.

  He seemed to have no emotion or feelings.  And I hated that aspect of it.  “Chan has learned a few times that disobeying is never an option with me.  As like other Warriors have learned the same thing with their own Dealers.  You will come to understand this soon enough.”

  “Probably not.”  I said, so low he couldn’t hear it.

  Erik got up, “Have a look around your new place. Unpack and relax.  Maybe there’s a Card here that you might find.  You never know around here where a Card is hiding.”

  With that he began to leave the house with Chan following behind him.  They left and I was left alone in this large house.  My luggage was still standing at the front door, so I grabbed it and made my way up to the second floor to find a bedroom I could use.

  The staircase leading up to the second level was grand, with gold trimmed railings and deep red carpet on the stairs.  The whole place was beautiful and I can’t figure out why I was given a place this beautiful to live in.

  The first door I opened was a linen closet. Closing that, I made my way to the double doors at the end of the hall to the left of the staircase.  Letting go of my luggage, I pulled the double doors open.

  I stood there and just looked at the beauty of the room.  A red four poster bed with a sheer red canopy hanging from it stood along the far wall of the room.  The sheets were a glowing black and from the looks of it, they seemed to be made of silk.

  A black wardrobe was along the right side wall with a sliding black door that I presumed to lead to a closet.  The walls were a dark red that was paired with black carpet and black drapes on the windows.  A set of glass double doors lead to a balcony that looked out over the back of the house.

  This place was more than I could ever dream of.  A fireplace was a little ways to my left, between the door and the windows on the far side.  The fireplace was surrounded by dark stones that held a little shine to them, that if a fire was lit, the light would bounce off the little facets.

  Walking over to the door I presumed to be the closet, I was confused when the door slid open to reveal a bathroom that was so white I swear I was going blind.  I was going to have to get used to the serious contrast betwween the dark bedroom and white bath.

  There was a walk-in shower along the far wall and a toilet off to the right side with the sink not far beside it.  A second door was on my left.  It was probably a linen closet for towels, but I decided to take a look anyways.

  Turns out I was dead wrong.

  The door opened to reveale a large walk-in closet with rows of shelves and space to hang everything I would ever own.  My ow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter