108

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Lay held his hand out so it hovered over the cut in Suho’s skin.  The pale, almost clear mist the boys were so afraid of not so long ago hovered around his hand before rushing to form a bubble almost around the open wound.

  It only took him a few seconds to close the cut completely, but watching it was amazing.  Those few seconds didn’t seem so short.  The mist acted like tendrils moving around the blood and proteins, it was like the healing process that had already begun was on steroids and just sped up.

  Everything worked faster; the skin knitted itself together in the most intricate and breathlessly amazing way.  Weaving itself as new cells formed and covered the area, blood vessels fusing together like nothing had gone wrong.  Knitting the skin and damaged tissue back to original condition with no mark or scar.

  “Can you make a scar stay?”  I asked him as he pulled his hand back once the cut was completely sealed.

  Lay smiled, “Yes, all you do it stop healing the area once the scar forms.  I don’t like to stop there because the skin isn’t as strong as it originally was.  I revert everything back to how it was before any injury formed.  Again Suho if you would.”

  Once again Suho brought the knife up to his arm and slid it down.  I cringed a little but didn’t look away this time.  I still didn’t like that this had to be done, but after seeing Lay heal that wound, I knew if anything went wrong at least he was hear to fix it.

  I don’t want to even think about what might go wrong or what could go wrong.  Nothing has yet to really go terribly wrong as I’m learning to control my Ability, so I can only hope that this will bring the same results.

  Unlike the first time Suho but himself, blood began to pool slightly around the wound.  “Just fix it Sky, forget about the blood for a moment and concentrate.”  Lay told me, “Once you start just follow what the power wants to do and you will be fine; you saw how it worked already.  That’s about all I can tell you, this is something you have to learn on your own unfortunately.”

  I nodded, still not exactly sue what to do but I figured it would work out in the end.  Reaching my hand out like I saw Lay do, I reached into my bond with him and activated that power.  I shook the shiver that went down my spin off as nothing as the mist formed around my hands.  I felt a jolt go through my body as I focused on the particles the mist was made up as.

  Particles, cells, I don’t care what you call them, but they were the form this power took.  They were what enabled this power to work.  There was more to them than just what I’ve seen them do.  Something that I don’t think Lay was going to clue me into until I had to know.

  Looking back at the cut along Suho’s arm I willed those floating particles to reach out towards it.  The feeling was amazing, it spread through my whole body, each like their own brush against my skin.  I could feel what each of the particles were trying to do.

  I could move them around and control them with a simple thought.  I could dictate what each of them were going to do as if I had done this a thousand times before.  Everything seemed so easy as soon as I was able to start, Lay’s was by far the easiest out of all of them since I didn’t have to learn anything, I just had to follow was this power lead me to do.

  My hands were knocked away and all the sensations vanished.  I looked up at Lay shocked, and I could see Suho giving him the same startled look.  “Stop.”  He growled as he pulled Suho’s arm towards him and did something to it.  “Don’t ever do that Sky.  Never.”

  He sounded beyond pissed off and I don’t know why.  What did I do wrong this time?  Was he still not fully adjusted?  Was that why he was like that?  “What did I do?”  I asked him hesitantly not wanting to anger him more than he already was.  Suho’s cut was still not fully healed yet, the skin was still separated in some places where the new skin and power had yet to knit over.

  “Focus on what you are doing.  Don’t get into the feelings, and never let the power take control.”  He ground out.  “Try again, but stay focused this time for gods’ sake.”

  “Hey, calm down Lay.”  Suho said in that calm, controlled voice of his, resting his uninjured hand of the other’s shoulder.

  Lay just shook his hand off and motioned me to finish what I started.  Not wanting him to be any more upset I made sure I never lost control of what I was doing and tried my best to ignore the feelings rushing through my body.  I stayed calm and kept my emotions in check and I continued.

  Finally the last of Suho’s skin was woven back into its original condition.  No more than a minute must have passed in total as I did that.  Stopping from using my Ability I pulled my hand back and inspected what I accomplished.

  “Again.”  Lay ordered stiffly.

  Suho once again lifted the blade to his arm and sliced downwards.  Unlike before he didn’t stop his blood from dripping from the wound.  It formed rivets that ran down the length of his arm before dripping off his fingers.  The blood stop before it could land on the carpet and only formed a small collection there.

  “What are you doing!”  I exclaimed.

  “Heal it Sky.”  Suho said.

   “But –”

  “This is what a real wound looks and acts like.  If you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter