110

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  His lips were feather soft as they rested on mine.  My eyes were wide open, large and full of surprise and shock.  Completely taken by surprise by his sudden action.  I was frozen as I let his lips press against mine more firmly.

  I was snapped out of my frozen state when his hand came up to my cheek, tilting my head slightly.  I let my eyes flutter shut as I leaned up and pressed my lips firmly against his.

  I didn’t let thoughts or reasons run through my head as I focused on how nice his lips felt molded to mine.  I forgot about everything else around me for just this moment, I couldn’t remember anything past what was happening right now.  Everything just flew from my head the moment his lips landed on mine.

  My headache was slowly going away and I didn’t feel as tired the longer we kissed.  It wasn’t anything passionate, just our lips melded together perfectly.  Sheer bliss I tell you.

  Kris pulled away and looked down at me, his eyes held more emotion than I have ever seen him show for all the time that I’ve known him.  But that was short lived, his eyes slowly darkened and closed off blocking me from seeing into them, seeing his emotions. 

  “Go in and rest, you look so pale.”  Kris said bringing my out of my thoughts and back to reality.  His emotionless words bot at me worse than I thought they would.

  He was so kind, so warm and so caring not a moment ago, but now he’s back to the cold uncaring Warrior I know and I don’t like it.  He just kissed me and desides that now is the perfect time – right after he kissed me – to act like an emotionless jerk.  Kris just kissed me!  He kissed me and then does this!  It doesn’t make any damn sense at all!

  “Argh.”  I sigh as I spin around and leave the roof and Kris behind.

  I’m not going to forget that kiss anytime soon, and it felt like it meant something.  From the way Kris looked at me after he pulled away at first it seemed like he felt something but the way he acted a second later has me second-guessing myself.  Why does Kris have to be so damned guarded all the time!

  I slammed the door to the roof closed behind me unintentionally startling Baekhyun and Kai who were in the hallway.  They looked at me with wide eyes before Kai came over and held onto my upper arm.  “Are you alright?”  He asked worriedly.

  “You’re really pale Sky, did something happen?”  Baekhyun asked.

  I just blinked at the two of them; still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Kris kissed me and how much of an he was afterwards.  Just what possessed him to do either of those things!  What the hell is Kris’ problem!

  “That jerk.”  I grumbled as a wave of dizziness flew through me causing my balance to waver.  If Kai weren’t holding me I would have fallen to the floor.  “Why does everything contradict one another with him?  Bipolar .”

  “Go get Lay.”  I heard Baekhyun tell Kai before I felt his hand leave me and Baekhyun wrap his are around my waist keeping me steady.  “Let’s get you to bed, you’re shivering.”

  I didn’t really listen to him as he led me down the stairs and into my room.  My mind still replying that kiss, that beautiful kiss that was soon ruined by Kris the jerk.  He needs to open up more and not hide behind those stupid walls!  And here I thought that maybe he would open up after kissing me.

  I left the softness of my bed below me as the covers were pulled up.  I was sitting against the headboard with Baekhyun sitting beside me.  “Are you feeling alright, you’re spacing out.”

  I smiled up at him, “I’m fine, are you?  Tao’s Specialty isn’t affecting you any more?”

  He shook his head, “Everyone is back to normal.  We didn’t scare you did we?”

  “You drove me crazy, but you never scared me.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter