157

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I couldn’t sleep after reading the short entry. It contained so much information, so many answers and more worry and fear then I could have thought possible.

Did my parents know what had to happen? Did mom know what needed to be done, what I would have to do to fulfil this? She must have. She had to have known.

It was still up for interpretation. It wasn’t completely clear what exactly had to be done, but it started me on a path that I had to follow to find out exactly how their curse could be broken.

They have a strong curse on them. One that has reasons to be bound, and many hoops to jump through to break the chains binding it. Each of them had to do something to begin the process, each of them had to want it and believe it could work.

My mind wouldn’t stop racing. My heartbeat picked up slightly as I tried to wrap my head around everything I learned and what I could do with it. While I wasn’t panicking, I was still agitated and unsure of what to do.

“Everything okay?” Lay and Sehun popped their heads into the room, the door creaking open behind them.

“I can hear your heart pounding from upstairs.” Sehun commented as both of them moved towards my bed, Lay closing the door behind him. “It just quickened all of a sudden.”

“You appear pale.” Lay noted. He placed his cool hand on my forehead. “No fever or other ailments noted in your system that could account for the increased heart rate. You’re having a little difficulty breathing due to the constricting of your airway, but that’s not very concerning. It’ll relax on its own, doesn’t require any healing.”

“Would more oxygen help?” Suhun asked sitting right next to me. I have to move the journal so he didn’t damage it.

“I’m fine.” I got out as best I could past the lump I felt in my throat. “I just learned something I wanted to know about for a long time and I wasn’t expecting the answer I found.”

The both of them nodded. Lay moved his hand from my forehead and placed it over my left hand so he could keep a monitor on my system. Sehun was playing with the air, as I could feel the in gases and the affect of high oxygen concentrated air filling my lungs as I breathed.

What both of them did helped in calming me down, but not enough to the point that I would be able to fall asleep. For that to happen I would need my mind to calm down enough for it to be silenced.

“Everything okay? I saw you two come in.”

I looked up at the new figure who came into the room and smiled a little. “I’m good, they just worry.”

“You are the one that makes us worry in the first place.” Xiumin commented. “Give her some space if she says she’s fine. She knows her body best right now.”

Lay and Sehun reluctantly left the room at their elder’s request. I was fine, just stressed and worried about what I could do to help. There was nothing any of them could do to ease my worry. It was something I had to do on my own.

“You need someone to talk to? And ear to listen?” He asked me.

Xiumin came over to the bed and pulled the covers back so I could crawl under them. I did as he intended for me to do and shifted under the warm blankets. Xiumin moved onto the bed and pulled the blankets over himself in the process so he sat next to me.

“That wasn’t a question, was it?”

“Saw through me?” He chuckled. “I tried to mask that.”

“You failed, Xiumin.” I dryly commented as I moved lower in the blankets so my head could rest behind me on the top of the pillow. “Can you keep a secret from the other’s? No matter what it is?”

He looked over at me sceptically, “I’m not liking the way this is starting. But or you, I can promise that. I won’t tell them anything.”

I nodded. Staring up at the ceiling and sighing softly. I didn’t know how to tell him, or even how to go about telling him what I found out. I didn’t want any of them to know, but I couldn’t keep it all to myself. I had to talk about it to someone who would listen.

“I learned some new things today and it’s really overwhelming.” I began. “Well a lot happened really. First with going with my mother’s Warriors and having a Dealer killed on my authorization. Then I had a classmate chase the Warrior I was with down to give him a letter to give to me parents, which I accepted. Turns our there an insane group of students hell bent on killing my family for some reason.”

I stopped to breath. Xiumin spoke up in the silence I created. “You’re day’s been full of tragedy it appears. That has to be hard on you, it all happening at once.”

I turned my head to look at him, and weakly smiled. “That sums that up pretty well.”

Xiumin gave me an encouraging smile, “There’s more.”

I laughed softly, “Yeah. I couldn’t sleep, so I decided to go through my ancestor’s journal. I found more then what I was bargaining for. Turns out the journal Mom gave me was the exact one that had the curse you are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter