untitled #6

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

   title, u n t i t l e d  # 6

>> vmin. fluff?. laps. 2.2k. tw: mild cussing. a/n: based on that scene in the TRB preparations video from 2014 memories where taehyung and jeongguk went into a dark hallway and jeongguk hid in it and namjoon had hoseok and jimin look for him / also wasn't proofread near the ending

 

 

"so, jeongguk just called," taehyung says slowly, fidgeting in place as jimin looks up from his book. jimin raises an eyebrow as he waits for the other to continue, eyes narrowing when he bites his lip. "he kinda... got lost in an abandoned factory.."

it takes a few seconds for jimin's brain to process this (trying to read a difficult book at two in the morning after pulling a night shift at his job the previous day and not getting any sleep after makes him a little sluggish), and when he does, he slams his head onto his desk. "idiot. my brother is an actual idiot."

taehyung is immediately standing behind jimin's chair, gently massaging his shoulders. "jimin, don't insult your own brother like that. it's rude."

"you try being in my spot," jimin hisses, standing up with a sigh and turning to frown at taehyung.

the brunette smiles, leaning over to kiss jimin's cheek in hopes of cheering him up at least a little. it doesn't work. jimin simply stares at taehyung before brushing passed him to the door of their bedroom, grumbling a few things to himself (taehyung's certain he heard a "you're always on his side, even though you're my boyfriend" and a "i'm actually going to ing strangle that kid when i find him"). taehyung sighs quietly, quickly placing a bookmark into the press of the pages closer to the spine and closing it before jogging after jimin.

jimin's not there, so taehyung assumes jimin is already out in the car, lazily slipping on his shoes and throwing the door open, careful to lock the door when he shuts it behind him, and skipping down the few steps. he quickens his pace when he notices the annoyed expression jimin is wearing, almost falling onto the ground when he skids to stop himself when he spins around the front of the car to reach the passenger side, opening the door and shutting it when he slips in.

jimin only huffs, glancing behind him to look for any incoming cars and immediately backing out of the driveway in a far too quick speed for a small neighborhood, turning around to face the direction of the closest abandoned factory jeongguk has been talking about and speeding off. taehyung squeaks, one hand gripping the handle at the top of the door tightly and the other groping around for the seatbelt, yanking it around him and buckling himself in. "ji-jimin, don't you think you're going.. a l-little fast?"

"nope." jimin replies, eyebrows raising slightly and he looks too carefree for someone doing 46 on a 35.

taehyung's eyes are wide and dart around, trying to spot any cop cars just in case he needs to shout at jimin to slow the hell down so they don't get a ticket and something bad happens to jeongguk because jimin is feeling a little y. jimin doesn't seem to notice, or care, how fast he's going, only pushing the needle up when he spots the numbers on speed limit signs getting higher. taehyung thinks jimin is slightly overreacting, but jimin would argue he has every right to be y. a lot of customers were rude, he hasn't slept in over forty eight hours, hell, he couldn't even read a damn book without being interupted only to find out his younger brother had gotten himself into trouble— again.

"jimin, please." taehyung whispers when they parked with a violent jerk in front of the abandoned building. "it's not jeongguk's fault he got lost."

"it is!" jimin yells, looking at taehyung with wide, angry eyes. "it is his ing fault! he went into the building, knowing full well that it was dangerous, but did he care? no! now look; he's lost!"

taehyung flinches at jimin's loud tone, quickly looking away from jimin and closing his eyes as he shouts at him. he didn't mean to upset jimin, really. jimin stares at taehyung, his frown tugging even deeper and practically yanks the keys out of the ignition, throwing his door open and slamming it shut with enough force to make the whole vehicle shake. taehyung flinches again, biting his lip and tries so hard not to cry. it's not his fault, jimin's not mad at him, he's just a little upset. he knows how stressful jimin's job is, knows how easily jimin gets set off, how jimin is fully bristled when he comes home. it's not his fault. jimin isn't mad at him.

taehyung's hand is shaking slightly when he opens his door, and either it really is only a slight twitch every now and then instead of shakes, or jimin ignores it when taehyung slips a hand into his when they're side by side walking into the factory. the small smile taehyung had plastered on immediately falls, but he doesn't pull his hand away from jimin's and he's a little happy jimin doesn't try to pull his away, either. taehyung moves his gaze to the concrete he can't even draw patterns between the cracks and texture on because it's so dark, so he pulls out his phone and turns on the flashlight to give them at least a little vision.

when they enter the factory, the large room to the right has a light on and it's bright enough to have the gross artificial yellow colour wash over the hallway outside it, but all the other hallways connected to their other side are pitch black. taehyung feels jimin's hand twitch and sees his back straighten, playing it off as standing straighter and a clear of his throat and he has to force himself not to giggle; jimin's always been a little scared of the dark.

jimin seems to hear the little puff of air that rushes out of taehyung's nostrils though, if the sharp glare that he sends him is anything to go by. all thoughts of laughing and poking fun at jimin immediately fly out the window, worrying on his bottom lip and look at the ground.

"you look for him," jimin grumbles quietly. taehyung's eyes widen and he pushes his phone into jimin's hand.

"n-no, you look for him, he's your brother!"

"you look for him, you're my boyfriend and i'm asking you to do something for me!" jimin fires back with a glare, ears already turning red with anger.

taehyung flinches, arm closest to jimin bending at the elbow and raising in front of his chest in a defensive act as if prepared to prepare for any attacks. he sees the guilt flash in jimin's eyes, and quickly snatches his phone from jimin and scurries down one of the hallways before jimin can say anything. taehyung sighs quietly, shining the bright light of his phone anywhere and everywhere.

"jeongguk?" taehyung calls out, flinching at how his voice bounces off the walls a few times. he walks around slowly and carefully, jumping at every noise in the distance.

fear slowly starts to settle in his bones, gripping tight to make his hands shake and a whimper to escape him when he jumps from the noise of something with four legs scurring across loose, old paper somewhere. "j-jeonggukie?" his voice is much quieter than the first time he called for the boy, and he knows jeongguk isn't going to hear him at all.

"jeonggukie?" he tries again, louder this time, but there's still no response. jeongguk could've told him a little more than 'i'm lost in an abandoned factory' like where he went for taehyung to have a mental map, but there's no use in complaining about it. "jeongguk!"

he jumps at how loudly his voice bounces off the walls, cursing himself for getting scared at his own voice. taehyung carefully cards his other hand through his hair with a shaky sigh, desperately wanting to just find jeongguk already so they can go home and he can apologize to jimin by massaging his shoulders and pressing kisses into his shoulder blades. "jeonggukie, hurry up. i-i'm scared." he bites his lip, looking around a little more before taking a few hesitant steps forward.

taehyung calls out to jeongguk a few more times before deciding he's too terrified to continue after the sound of something large and metal falls in the distance, turning on his heel and sprinting out of the hallway. when taehyung exits the creepy hallway, he blinks in surprise at seeing that jimin isn't there. "jiminie?" he twists around to look down and up the hallway, glancing through the large hole in the wall into the room with the lamp, but jimin isn't there.

"did he go down another hallway?" taehyung looks down the other hallways lining the wall, even though they're pitch black and he isn't able to see anything. he bites his lip and slowly walks over to a wall, leaning against it. he distracts himself by messing around on his phone, looking up every now and then to see if he can see jimin or jeongguk before looking back at the device.

it's five minutes later of silence when taehyung hears a loud scream and a fit of laughter following. taehyung lifts his head in surprise, blinking a few times and he's about to go see what that was when jimin comes out of the hallway beside the one taehyung entered at full speed. jimin slams into taehyung, wrapping his arms around the younger's waist and burying his face into his chest. taehyung blinks in surprise, staring down at the top of jimin's head before looking up when jeongguk exits the same hallway, cackling to himself. "jeonggukie? did you scare jimin?"

"yup." jeongguk answers only to keep cackling to himself, wiping tears from his eyes only for more to appear as he keeps laughing.

taehyung pouts, wrapping his arms protectively around jimin and his hands down his back soothingly. it takes a few minutes for jimin to calm down, pulling away from taehyung with a sniff and refusing to look at him. taehyung frowns, but doesn't say anything and keeps an arm around jimin's shoulders when the three start walking to the car. jimin slips into the driver's seat, taehyung in the passenger, and jeongguk in the back.

the ride back to the house is a little slower than the ride to the abandoned house, but jimin still pushes the limit a little because he really wants to get home as soon as possible and try to get some sleep. when they get home, jimin grabs jeongguk by the bicep to stop him from going upstairs to his room and turns him around. "you need to stop doing like that, gguk. you're going to get yourself hurt."

jeongguk rolls his eyes, taking his arm from jimin's grasp. "whatever, mom."

jimin frowns and watches jeongguk storm up the stairs before disappearing into his room at the top of the stairs. jimin sighs, turning to head towards the kitchen to pour himself a glass of cold water. he sees taehyung quietly trail after him and waits until he's already gulped half of the glass before talking. "i swear, jeongguk only does that stuff to impress his ing boyfriend. yoongi's not a good influence on him."

"maybe he does, maybe he doesn't." taehyung speaks quietly with a gentle tone, not wanting to push jimin any further. jimin seems calm, but he's just a firecracker waiting for a spark. "but at least jeongguk isn't doing any drugs or drinking alcohol. yoongi isn't a good influence, but jeongguk loves him."

"does yoongi love him?" jimin spits, slamming the glass down and turning to glare at taehyung. the brunette flinches, closing his eyes and inhaling.

"i'm.. not sure i can answer that with complete accuracy, but i think he does. yoongi's eyes turn soft when he looks at jeongguk."

jimin stares at taehyung silently before he turns to leave the kitchen and taehyung listens to jimin walk up the stairs, across the wooden floorboards and shut their door. taehyung sighs quietly, moving to the half-full glass and pouring out the water, gently putting it into the sink and following after jimin.

when he enters the bedroom, jimin is sitting on the edge of the bed with his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands. taehyung frowns and enters the room completely, closing the door softly and walking up to jimin to sit beside him. jimin doesn't say anything until he feels taehyung's head on his shoulder. "i'm sorry. i'm sorry for snapping at you so much today, it's not your fault. i'm not mad at you, taehyung."

taehyung feels a heavy weight lift off his shoulders, closing his eyes and smiling. "it's okay, jimin. you've had a rough week."

jimin raises his head from his hands to look down at taehyung, smiling slightly when the younger opens his eyes to look at him. they stare at each other for a little while before jimin leans down and pecks taehyung's lips. "i love you."

taehyung's smile widens and he sits straighter. "i love you too, jiminie. now let's go to sleep, it's been a long day."

jimin nods and moves down to lay down properly on the bed, moving the sheets from under him and lifting them for taehyung to crawl under before releasing them. taehyung moves forward to cuddle into jimin's chest, tangling their legs together and closing his eyes. jimin wraps his arms around taehyung and buries his face into taehyung's hair. "love you, taetae. good night."

"love you too, good night." taehyung smiles against the cloth of jimin's tank top and slumber is quick to curl around him in a protective hold.