i'm home

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

   title, i ' m  h o m e

>> kinda jimin!cen| vmin // fluff // cap // 2.3k // a.n: mORE VMIN HAHAH IM SO SORRY PLS FORGIVE ME ;; V ;; ive just been like.. desperate for vmin?? like ive said before how they make me rly happy and ive been rly sad lately so.. idk hah but this is like a gang au?? but it's based after a scene in furious five c':

 

 

 

This place is all too familiar, these narrow light yellow clay wall and white stone steps, the even more narrow allies extending into different directions (all straight, all leading to different houses) all too familiar. Even after five years. At first glance, it would look abandoned, but that's just the illusion they create from how small these connected allies are. Jimin smiles as he takes his time climbing the stairs, memories flickering before him, knowing that the people hidden in the shadows are watching to see how high the flight he'll go (the higher the stairs you live, the higher your rank).

Jimin can't help but wonder if they'll even remember him; the guards (family, really) certainly don't (or maybe they're new, which is a possibility with the crime rate here and with how many gangs stumble in looking for a fight, but you don't get people protecting the higher ups randomly, you have to form a bond with them, have to call them family, or have family call them family). Jimin can't help but wonder if everyone looks different. He chuckles. Of course, it's been five years.

He goes up twenty more stairs when the people in the shadows finally show themselves, some pulling out their guns (pistols, machine guns, shotguns, assault rifles) and some puffing out their chests to look bigger to avoid pulling out their gun unless needed. Jimin holds his smile, and looks up at the door at the top of these thousands of stairs, staring and waiting if it will open. He waits, counting in his head for someone to go inside and inform them that a stranger is here, but his eyes drift to the stairs when nobody comes out.

Maybe they really did forget me, Jimin thinks bitterly, but he doesn't blame them. He up and disappeared for no reason, no goodbye, no 'see you in five years'. Just.. left. He keeps his smile and turns around, and only gets down five steps when he's stopped.

"Jimin?"

Jimin freezes at the soft voice and it takes him a few seconds to turn around. Seokjin. Seokjin looks different; hair a light brown, shoulders a bit longer and face more mature. Jimin smiles when Seokjin's eyes widen and immediately fill with tears. Seokjin doesn't deserve to look so sad, but Jimin knows it's his fault. Seokjin steps forward slowly before jogging down the stairs and pulling Jimin into his chest. "Jimin."

Jimin's smile widens and he feels like he might cry too, arms going around Seokjin's chest and squeezing. "Hey, Jin."

"God, Jimin." Seokjin pulls away and raises a hand to cup Jimin's chin, looking him over. "We thought you died."

Jimin's smile wavers and he looks down. Seokjin frowns, bringing Jimin into his chest again then turning to walk up the stairs to the house, waving a hand to signal the guards can relax and go back to their spots. Seokjin opens the door and lets Jimin go in first. They don't take their shoes off and walk deeper into the house. Five others are gathered around a dining table in the small kitchen with peeling wallpaper and broken (but still useable) shelves.

"Guys," Seokjin whispers and everyone's heads lift.

Jimin smiles when their eyes shift from Seokjin to him. Everyone is quiet and don't blink. Jimin waits for them to soak in the fact that he's there and not a hallucination or someone that looks like him; it's him, he's there. The first to react is Jeongguk (his hair is black instead of crimson and he's taller, more mature looking and he's got a few scars on his arms), standing up so abruptly his chair falls back and throwing himself at Jimin, arms going around his neck. Jimin giggles, hands going to Jeongguk's waist and gently squeezing comfortingly. "Chill, Gguk."

Jeongguk pulls back and looks Jimin over, taking in how his style is different, how he's a few inches taller, how he's a few shades tanner. How he looks like he went through some . It's not there physically, but Jeongguk can see it in Jimin's eyes, the dull glint in the pools of dark brown. "What happened to you?" He whispers.

Jimin stares at Jeongguk and simply smiles again, giving Jeongguk's waist another squeeze and that alone is enough to tell Jeongguk that Jimin left for a reason, and something happened whilst he was gone that brought Jimin to the brink of insanity. Jeongguk looks down and pulls away, floating to Seokjin's side when Namjoon stands up. Namjoon's hair is blue-silver instead of black and he stands straight up—confident—instead of slouched (he's the same height, though). Jimin saves Namjoon the trouble of walking over (even though it's no trouble at all) and their arms go around each other.

"Good to see you're still workin', kid." Namjoon grins and Jimin rolls his eyes, shoving Namjoon away from him.

The blonde chuckles, sitting back down. Jimin shuffles to Yoongi (who has red-pink hair instead of black and only looks more pissed off at the world than five years ago) beside the blonde, one of their hands raising and fingers curling around each other. Jimin leans down for their shoulders to touch and Yoongi raises his free hand to slap Jimin's back. "Welcome back, kid."

Jimin's not too bothered that that's all he gets after five years of nothing because this is Yoongi. Yoongi's always had trouble with emotions, and hardly shows affection. So it's okay. And Jimin smiles widely when Hoseok (who's hair is still black, but look smoother and longer, and he looks around the same height when sitting) wraps an arm around his neck, bringing him down until his head his practically in his lap and roughly rubbing his fist over his head.

"Aaah, Hoseok, stop!" Jimin squeals, head burning from the abuse.

"This is for leaving us for five years!" Hoseok shoots back, but releases the boy after a few more seconds. Hoseok grins up at Jimin and the brunette pouts, raising a hand to fix his hair.

His eyes drift up and they meet another pair. Taehyung's. Taehyung stares at Jimin silently, almost coldly, and there's nothing on his face. He just.. stares. Like Jimin is a blank wall that holds no interest to him, but the wall is also pissing him off for being so boring. Jimin looks Taehyung over; he looks like he might be taller, his hair is black with chocolate brown and golden brown highlights instead of bright orange, face more contoured and mature and handsome, he looks like he's more confident and intimidating than awkward with being in this scene, and he has a nasty, thick scar going from the middle of his left cheek down to his collarbone. Seokjin clears his throat, gesturing to one of the bedrooms down the hall. And Taehyung immediately stands up, snatching Jimin's wrist and dragging him around the table, down the hall, and into a bedroom.

Taehyung slams the door shut then spins around to pin Jimin to it, hands on either side of Jimin's head and one knee slipping between Jimin's legs, faces an inch away from each other. Jimin his lips, parts them to speak, presses them together, then parts them again. "Taeh—"

Taehyung smashes their lips together, one of his hands going to Jimin's thick hair. Jimin's whisper of Taehyung's name turns into a muffled moan fo surprise. Taehyung moves his lips across Jimin's and he doesn't let himself whimper from how much he's missed kissing Jimin, how much he's missed Jimin. Jimin's arms go around Taehyung's neck, head tilting and pulling him closer. Taehyung's tongue runs along Jimin's bottom lip and he immediately opens his mouth for him. The black and brown haired male shoves his tongue into Jimin's mouth to trace every inch, shivering because he really has missed kissing Jimin.

Jimin gasps, but his tongue curls around Taehyung's and kisses him back just as roughly because he's missed Taehyung just as much as Taehyung has missed him. Taehyung's hands go to Jimin's hips and one hand stays there, other dragging down to the back of Jimin's thigh to bend his leg at the knee. Jimin still remembers the signs even after all this time, pulling away from the kiss and jumping up to wrap his legs around Taehyung's waist. The younger growls, hands on Jimin's cheeks and turns on his heel to move towards the bed.

Taehyung leans down and presses Jimin's back to the bed, crawling on top of him and pressing kisses to the older's neck. Jimin moans, hands going to Taehyung's cheeks and lifting his head to look into his eyes. Taehyung's body stills when they make eye contact, swallowing when one of Jimin's thumbs run along the top of the scar on his cheek.

"Tae," Jimin whispers, taking his hand off Taehyung's cheek to drag his thumb down the rest of the scar. "How did you get this?"

Taehyung hesitates to answer—a lot can happen in five years.. what if Jimin is different?—but moves one of his forearms to above Jimin's head for better balance and answers anyway. "Some machete-wielding ."

"Oh God, Tae." Jimin's hand cups Taehyung's neck and he looks between Taehyung's eyes, spit-slicked lips, and the scar in surprise. "I-I'm.. I'm so sorry."

"Don't." Taehyung whispers, moving his other hand not helping him balance above Jimin's body to brush Jimin's hair away from his eyes. "You weren't here, so it's not your fault."

Jimin cringes at those words, looking away."I-I—"

"Why'd you leave?" Taehyung asks, deep voice low and hurt.

Jimin's face scrunches up before relaxing and he sighs, looking up at Taehyung and frowning at the glossy sparkle that forms. He wraps his arms loosely around Taehyung's neck and smiles sadly. "Classified."

"Dammit, Jimin," Taehyung presses his hands into the bed on either side of Jimin's head and lifts himself up, glaring down at the older. "Why can't you ing tell me? You left us—me—with not even so much as a goddamn goodbye for five years a-and then you suddenly come back, and won't tell me why?"

Jimin sighs, hands going back to Taehyung's soft cheeks and his thumbs caress them gently. He smiles weakly up at the younger and his eyes soften into a loving gaze. "I'm sorry, Tae."

Taehyung's eyes flash with anger and he sits up, turning and sitting on the edge of the bed. His elbows press painfully into his knees and he hangs his head, the area between the second knuckles and tips of his thumbs against his forehead. Jimin frowns, sitting up and staring at Taehyung's back. "Tae.."

"We looked for you, Jimin." Taehyung whispers, voice gruff and raspy. "We looked for you in every place we had eyes and ears. But you weren't there. You weren't any where. Like.. you just disappeared."

Jimin slumps, frown deepening and looking down. He sighs, crawling up to Taehyung and pressing his cheek to one of Taehyung's shoulder blades, hands on Taehyung's back. "I.. it was just some.. police business."

Jimin hates the way Taehyung stiffens at the mention of police, like he lost all trust he had in Jimin on the spot and was seconds away from pushing him off. But he doesn't; he simply speaks. "Police business? I thought.. you left the cops. Were you.. spying—"

"Tae, don't ing say that." Jimin hisses, leaning away from Taehyung and the younger turns to look at him. Jimin looks so thoroughly offended and hurt Taehyung would even try to suggest such a thing. "I did leave the police, I swear to God I did. I was not spying on you guys and giving them information. I didn't play with you guys' hearts, I genuinely love you guys. I," he grabs one of Taehyung's hands, "I genuinely love you, Tae."

Taehyung stares at Jimin silently before raising a hand to cup Jimin's cheek, leaning over to kiss him lightly. Jimin responds to the kiss whole-heartedly. It's a simple make-up kiss; Taehyung's way of apologizing for trying to pin Jimin as a liar, a traitor. He didn't really think it, he knows Jimin better than that, he's just.. in shock from his return and hurt from not being told by he even left in the first place. He didn't mean it.

When Taehyung pulls away, their faces are still close and he looks into Jimin's dark eyes. "What.. type of police business?"

Jimin swallows, pressing his forehead to Taehyung's, their hair bunching up and twirling around each other where they meet. "Just.. they needed me to go undercover and worm my way into this mafia they were doing a case for."

Taehyung stares at Jimin quietly. "Are you.. were you okay?"

Jimin's eyebrows furrow slightly. He thinks for a few seconds then decides it's best not to tell Taehyung how he almost got pushed out of a moving train (he actually hung off the side for a while before another undercover agent helped him), had a blow torch put into his face in a fight (not close enough to burn him because he kicked it out of the guy's hand), sped off a cliff to avoid getting caught in an explosion, and got stabbed in the left thigh. "Yeah."

Taehyung noticed how Jimin stalled, but doesn't press on. Taehyung stares back at Jimin before straightening, jerking his head to the side. Jimin smiles, circling Taehyung's body and climbs into his lap. He smiles down at Taehyung and the younger returns it slightly. Jimin leans down to gently kiss him, hands on Taehyung's cheeks again. Taehyung's smile widens and his hands go to Jimin's hips. "Jiminie?"

Jimin almost gasps (he hasn't heard that nickname in so long) and he shivers, but his smile quickly shows again. "Yes, Tae?"

"Are you.. going to stay?" Taehyung whispers, eyebrows raised.

Jimin blinks in surprise. He stares at Taehyung for a few seconds before leaning down to kiss him deeply for a moment or two. "Yes." He says against Taehyung's lips when he pulls away. "Yes, Tae. I'm staying and never going to leave."

Taehyung smiles, arms wrapping around Jimin's hips and Jimin doesn't remember Taehyung being so strong and muscular, but a lot can happen in five years, so he simply presses forward to slowly push Taehyung down onto the bed with a smile. "I'm home."