when i first saw you i fell in love (and you smiled because you knew)

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

   title, w h e n  i  f i r s t  s a w  y o u  i  f e l l  i n  l o v e  (a n d  y o u  s m i l e d  b e c a u s e  y o u  k n e w)

>> vmin // fluff?? // cap // tw: death scene | abusive father mentioned // 1.9k // a.n: mORE VMIN IM SORRY. people who subscribed for my other ships, do not worry, i have things in mind. but please bare with my sudden vmin obsession lmao they are giving me life r/n and it's both painful and wonderful. or ignore this story until you see a ship you like, or unsubscribe, i won't blame you bc i am being super biased r/n lol. also idk what this is?? and it ends at a weird point, lol my bad. (pst also y'all on the board need to tell me if u want ur requests or not bc like i need to know man) alSO the title is a poem i saw in a magazine, but it kinda fits but it only really makes sense near the end (extra cookies for u if u get it), so yeah

 

 

It's quiet, almost too quiet, and the wind is silent when it picks up. There's nothing on the ground for the wind to rustle, surprisingly, and it just makes everything worse. It's an empty ally behind ty pubs and bars, the sides of the buildings where their dumpsters and metal trash cans are held connected to this alley. It's only lit by sickening orange lights placed randomly on the backs of the buildings, making the dried blood everywhere more orange than it should be.

Dark brown eyes sweep the scene, waiting, watching. He's on top of one of the buildings, in complete black clothing to blend in with the night, squatting as he stares. It should be happening soon. His head tilts to the side, arms hanging loosely between his bent legs when a short brunette walks into his field of vision on the left and a tall redhead walks in from the right. Oh. It's sooner than he thought.

It matters not; the sooner, the better. This is a pity job, honestly. They took it just because Namjoon said so. It links to their main mission, so it's fine. That doesn't make it any less boring, though; but that also doesn't mean they shouldn't be on guard.

They meet in the middle of his vision and the brunette jerks his head up in acknowledgement. "Got the package?"

"Yeah," the redhead huffs, pulling out a thick, cream coloured envelope from inside his jacket and handing it to the shorter.

But then there's a female coming out from one of the bar's backdoor and tries to sneak up on the brunette. The male on the roof raises an eyebrow, his lips and releasing a high-pitched whistle.

It seemed to blend with the night, so the redhead and the girl thought nothing of it, but the brunette simply slumps with an almost disappointed smile. He tosses the package into the air and s his elbow back into the girl's throat right when she lunges at him with a knife. His next move looks like he simply spins around, but he's got one arm around the girl's neck and his other hand holding hers with the knife, pointing it right at her heart. He looks up at the package, sicking out a foot and it lands on the curve of his foot, propped up on his ankle.

"Really?" The brunette drawls, clicking his tongue and shaking his head. "I think you've forgotten what game you're playing."

And then he pushing the knife into her heart, dropping her body onto the ground and yanking the knife out when she falls. He jerks his foot up to send the package into the air, snatching it with one hand and smiles. He throws the knife into the air, flicking his wrist to make it spin in the air and grabs it by the blade before handing it to the other. "Thank you for your cooperation."

The brunette leaves the shaken redhead and glances up at the male on the roof, circling around the building to jump up onto the trash cans and stacks of containers to get on it. "Taehyung."

Taehyung's eyes drift down at the fresh blood and corpse. "Glad you're okay, Jimin."

Jimin rolls his eyes, sitting down beside Taehyung and looking at him. He stares before raising a hand to gently move some stray strands of hair into place. The action makes Taehyung turn his head to look at Jimin, looking at the blood on Jimin's hand then back into Jimin's eyes. Jimin smiles, leaning forward to kiss Taehyung's forehead. "We should get back to Namjoon and the others."

Taehyung nods, standing up and staring down at Jimin. The brunette smiles, holding the package close and moving behind Taehyung, placing a hand on one of his shoulders and jumping up to wrap his legs around Taehyung's waist. Taehyung places his hands on Jimin's thighs, grip tight enough to give him the confidence he won't drop Jimin, but light enough to make sure Jimin is comfortable.

Jimin rests his cheek against Taehyung's shoulder, staring at nothing in particular when Taehyung starts jumping from roof top to roof top. Jimin isn't entirely sure how Taehyung does it (jump so high and go so far without breaking his legs or something), but he's never bothered to ask because it probably has something to do with his past, and Taehyung never talks about his past. Why? They don't know.

"Jimin, you're thinking too loud." Taehyung mumbles quietly, deep voice scratchy around the edges and Jimin forces himself not to shiver, instead pouting.

"What the hell does that mean, Tae?"

"You're thinking too loud," Taehyung repeats. "When you think, your body tenses and your aura gets stiff. The more you think, the more tense you are and the more stiff your aura is, and it's really loud."

Jimin eyebrows furrow slightly, blinking a few times and lifting his head to stare at the back of Taehyung's head. "Like.. you as in just me or you as a collective term?"

"You as in just you." Taehyung answers, tightening his grip on Jimin slightly when they jump over a large gap. "Everyone does different things when thinking. Like Yoongi's aura starts turning blue and his body relaxes when he thinks. Jeongguk just zones out like his soul left his body or something when he thinks. The list goes on, really, because, as I said, everyone does different things and react in different ways when thinking."

Jimin isn't entirely sure if he understands what Taehyung just said, but Taehyung has always been like this (a little more on the strange side, a little detached from his emotions, a little too logic and science based) so he simply hums 'yes' like he actually got all of that. Taehyung knows Jimin didn't get it, but he doesn't say anything about it because Jimin's slightly easily offended (but Jimin would argue he is not easily offended, to which Taehyung would say if he wasn't, he wouldn't have made a comment).

They don't speak the rest of the way to their hideout, but the silence was nice. Jimin slips off of Taehyung's back, grinning at the blonde and walking passed him into the building. Taehyung trails after Jimin like an over-protective body guard, hovering behind him close enough to tell everyone to not touch Jimin, but far away enough to give Jimin his personal space. And Jimin doesn't mind, because Taehyung has always been protective. When Jimin joined the group, Taehyung floated around him in the sidelines like he was watching over him, but when Taehyung saw Jimin break down into tears because he got news that his brother was killed, Taehyung stuck to him like his job was to protect Jimin and not carry out orders given by Namjoon.

Jimin walks deeper and deeper into the building that they chose specifically as their hideout because it was abandoned and like a maze with all its hallways, smiling slightly to himself because he knows Taehyung's right behind him. It doesn't take too long to get to the main room they hang around in, opening the double doors to the large room and smiling slightly. He skips down the three stairs and walks up to Namjoon standing by a large board with so many photos pinned to it, they're over-lapping each other, and thin red thread linking most.

"Here ya go, boss." Jimin grins, wrist bending back to hand the package to Namjoon.

Namjoon opens his mouth to thank Jimin, but he notices a few single drops of blood on it and he closes his mouth, raising an eyebrow and looking up at Jimin. The brunette's grin turns sheepish. "We ran into a difficulty, but I took care of it. With some help from Taehyung, of course."

Namjoon's eyes flicker to Taehyung hovering by the entrance silently, and the blonde simply nods in both acknowledgment and confirmination, before looking back at Jimin. "Be cleaner next time."

Jimin's grin drops (he can't count how many times he's heard that, and not just from Namjoon), but he doesn't show any emotion and nods before turning on his heel. He walks up to Jeongguk who's working on God knows what (all Jimin's sees is codes and document files, and Jimin understands none of it), gently tapping the boy on the shoulder. "Jeongguk, could you send out a trash man to the area my mission took place?"

"Oh God," Jeongguk huffs, fingers halting over the keyboard and spinning around to stare at Jimin. "You didn't kill the person who gave you the package, did you?"

Jimin pouts. "No. He hired someone to try to kill me, but Taehyung saw her and warned me, and I killed her. No harm was done to the deliverer," he pauses to think and Jeongguk raises an eyebrow, "no physical harm was done to the deliverer."

"Jesus, Jimin," Jeongguk sighs, turning around and pulling up their database to scroll through their contacts. "You're so careless sometimes."

Jimin's expression falls and he looks down. He doesn't say anything in return, silently walking away from Jeongguk. Seokjin watches him over the rim of his glasses, pausing cleaning blades from his previous mission that took a brutal turn. Seokjin frowns, eyes shifting to Taehyung and nodding his head towards Jimin when the blonde looks over at him. Taehyung doesn't do anything for five seconds before walking up to Jimin hovering around Hoseok's work space (Hoseok's too busy melting metal and pouring it into bullet molds to notice Jimin, though) and reaches out to grab his hand.

Jimin flinches, looking up at Taehyung and frowning at the blank look the younger gives him. Taehyung gently tugs Jimin's hand as a sign for him to follow him and he leads Jimin out of the room into the hallway, waiting until the doors click shut to bring Jimin into his chest. "You know they don't mean to insult you, Jimin."

"I-I know, Tae. I know, but," Jimin's shoulders twitch like he's moments away from crying, but no tears build up and he falls still and quiet against Taehyung's chest.

Taehyung keeps his arms around Jimin and places his chin on top of Jimin's head, giving him a gentle squeeze. Jimin raises his hands to grip Taehyung's black hoodie and bites his bottom lip before releasing it and pulling away. He looks up at Taehyung with a not-so-convincing smile. "I'm fine, Tae. Thank you."

Taehyung stares down at Jimin with an unreadable expression and it makes Jimin shift awkwardly because Taehyung has always, always been able to read Jimin and call him out on his lies. But this time Taehyung doesn't say anything about how it's obvious Jimin's still scarred from his past and Jimin has flashbacks to his father forcing him to always be clean when commiting murder, and beating him when he's not, whenever someone tells him he's careless or to be more clean. This time Taehyung simply leans down to kiss Jimin gently.

There's nothing to the kiss, it's just Taehyung's lips against Jimin's, but that's okay. Taehyung doesn't reach out to hold Jimin, and Jimin doesn't reach out to hold Taehyung. They simply stand there (well, Taehyung's hunched over because of the height difference, but still standing) kissing each other silently. The kiss doesn't last for long either, and when Taehyung pulls away, he gives Jimin one of those small, but gentle smiles that only Jimin gets to see.

This sight makes Jimin smile as well, reaching out to grab the back of Taehyung's neck and pressing their foreheads together. "Thanks, Tae."

And Taehyung simply smiles a bit wider.

 

trash man ; basically someone that cleans up a scene of crime (corpses, blood, ect) for you

                                                                                                                                                (p.s not the exact definition, but pretty much)