i can't lose you // sugamonster

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

Yoongi hated it.

Yoongi everything about it.

Yoongi hated it so much, sometimes he hated even opening his eyes in the morning and having to drag himself out of bed.

"You should be happy," his mother once said, "wear it as a badge of being in the Min family."

He should be happy?

Wear it like a badge?

How could he ever be happy to possess this ability, or wear it like a badge?

Wearing something as a badge would mean being proud of it, and he certainly was not proud to have this ability.

How could anyone ever be proud or happy to be able to see, in detail, when someone will die, and how they will die?

How could anyone ever be proud or happy of being able to see the dead?

It drives Yoongi insane to see all those stats in written in white floating beside each person, a ring around their neck to show how close they were to their death as if the time clock that hovers above their head wasn't enough.

It drives Yoongi insane to see the transparent figures of the once living.

Dealing with the dead was like dealing with children, they always stick close to Yoongi when they find out he can see them, trying to start conversations and poking him and pulling his clothes to get his attention.

The feeling he felt towards seeing all the white characters and numbers, lines in different shades along the grey scale, and fading shadows blending in with the quickly moving solid figures of humans was the exact definition of hatred.

The feeling he felt towards seeing all the white characters and numbers, and the lines in different shades along the grey scale blindingly vibrant beside his loves ones was the exact definiton of depression.

So it was to be expected he would stop dead in his tracks with wide eyes when he saw a dark grey ring hugging Namjoon's neck like a choker.

It was to be expected his breath would hitch in his throat when he saw Namjoon's clock went from "25 YRS : 50 MTHS : 10 WEEKS : 34 DAYS : 50 HRS : 40 MINS : 2400 SNDS" to "00 YRS : 00 MTHS : 00 WEEKS : 03 DAYS : 50 HRS : 40 MINS: 2400 SNDS".

It was to be expected his eyes would sting and fill with tears when he saw "Storm | Car crash | Dies during brain surgery" floating beside Namjoon's chest.

Yoongi couldn't believe his eyes.

Namjoon was going to die in three days.

No.

No, no, no, no. No.

He cannot lose Namjoon.

Yoongi bites his bottom lip, blinking hard until the stinging sensation in the corners of his eyes went away and his tears were gone.

He slowly walks up to the younger completely engrossed on writing lyrics in front of a poorly lit lamp. "Namjoon.."

Namjoon's back straightens and he turns, smiling when he sees Yoongi before his face hardens at the dark look on the older's face. "What's wrong?"

Yoongi stares at Namjoon before smiling. "Nothing. I'm fine."

Namjoon raises an eyebrow, looking Yoongi over before turning back around. "Then pull up a seat. We need to finish this track."

Yoongi nods almost robotically, eyes fixed on the clock that didn't move as if taunting him as he reaches over to grab a black computer chair, plopping down onto it beside Namjoon.

 

-

 

Yoongi has refused to let Namjoon leave his side.

Yoongi would crash at Namjoon's, Namjoon would crash at Yoongi's, Yoongi went out with Namjoon when the younger went out, Yoongi made Namjoon go with him when he went out, they were attached to each other.

Yoongi tried his best to not watch the clock, Yoongi tried his best not to look at the cause of Namjoon's future death, Yoongi tried his best not to stare at the ring circling Namjoon's neck, but his eyes kept finding a way to them.

Namjoon wasn't sure why Yoongi was suddenly so clingy and possessive, but he didn't mind.

That was until he got a phone call from the hospital that his mother had just been entered due do a seizure and Yoongi refused to let him leave his house.

Yoongi knew it would happen; it was raining heavily outside with the occasional clap of thunder and he was staring at the seconds that were passing by too quickly for his liking with the tip of his thumb between his teeth and he had cursed when as soon as the all the numbers on the clock were "00" the phone rang.

"Dammit, hyung, it's my mother!" Namjoon shouted, trying to shove past Yoongi to the door of Yoongi's bedroom.

"I don't care! You're not leaving this house!" Yoongi fires back, pushing against Namjoon's shoulders to force him away from the door.

Namjoon glares at Yoongi. "Hyung, what the hell is wrong with you?! Can't you let me leave just this once?!"

"No!" Yoongi spat, swinging his hand back until it connected with the wall. Namjoon's eyes twitch at the sudden bang and Yoongi sighs, running a hand through his hair. "You don't understand, Namjoon."

"No, I understand," Namjoon replies with an extended scoff that sounds like a laugh as a half-smirk appears on his face for a split second, "you're possessive and selfish."

Yoongi shoots a sharp glare at Namjoon before dropping his hand from his hair. "So what? So what if I'm possessive? So what if I'm selfish? Dammit, Namjoon, I just want the best for you."

"And keeping me from my mother that's in critical condition and in the hospital is the best for me?" Namjoon questions in disbelief.

"You don't understand!" Yoongi hisses, slamming his hand down onto his thigh.

Namjoon groans loudly. "What don't I understand, Yoongi? What?!"

"You'll die if you leave this house!" Yoongi shouts, caving in. "It's right in' there by your chest and on your neck, Namjoon!"

Namjoon opens his mouth to reply before watch Yoongi said fully sinks in and his eyes widen. "Wh.. what?"

Yoongi sighs, placing a hand on his forehead. "If you leave to go see your mother, you're going to get into a car crash and you'll die during brain surgery. It was decided three days ago, that's why I've refused to let you leave my side."

Namjoon stares at Yoongi, blinking quicky when the older's shoulders started to bounce. "I don't like keeping you from your mother, but, , Namjoon, I can't lose you. I just can't."

Namjoon slowly lodges his bottom lip between his teeth before sighing and walking over to Yoongi, wrapping his arms around the older's shoulders and bringing him into his chest.

Yoongi's eyes squeeze shut and it takes a few moments for the older to raise his hands to Namjoon's sharp hips.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you like that." Namjoon mumbles into Yoongi's orange mop of hair and Yoongi shakes his head. "I should've told you sooner.."

Namjoon doesn't say anything in return and simply pulls Yoongi closer.

Yoongi tilts his head back and sighs in relief, letting his head fall onto Namjoon's collarbone.

 

25 YRS : 50 MTHS : 10 WEEKS : 34 DAYS : 50 HRS : 40 MINS : 2400 SNDS

Cause of Death:

Natural

 

 

 

——————————————————————————————:A/N:——————————————————————————————

the ending is literal omf

but hey i did a thing

this idea is weird tbh

i would hate my life if i hate yoongi's abilities lol sounds like hell to look at someone and see blinding white words and numbers screaming at you someone's death and how long until their death, then having to deal with seeing the dead

but yeah

also the numbers for the clock count be mathematically wrong, idk, i at math so ye, buT i didn't just type random numbers okay i actually put some thought into it, i'm just saying it might not be 100% correct xD

yes i just copied and pasted, but not to be lazy, more of like, the clock reset itself when it noticed hey this guy ain't gonna die tonight and went back to the original time set so shh

also, if you're confused, the clock counts down from the time furthest on the left

like namjoon's original set time would count down by year first before going to month, then week, and you get the rest

just feels more accurate to me xD

 

 

I apologize for mistakes and I hope you enjoyed! q u q