you make me see red (when you're such an oblivious blue)

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

   title, y o u  m a k e  m e  s e e  r e d  (w h e n  y o u ' r e  s u c h  a n  o b l i v i o u s  b l u e)

>> vmin | mentioned!yoonjin | mentioned!junghope // 1977 // fluff // laps // tw: cussing | i think jealousy can count as a tw?? // a.n: aYO IM SO SORRY FOR ALL THE VMIN hOneStLy iM fukciNg tRaSh i honestly am going to try to get other ships done soon ;;

 

 

 

jimin can't believe this. jimin can't ing believe this; taehyung, his boyfriend, is being flirted with right in front of him. who in their right mind flirts with someone who's taken? yeah, taehyung's really attractive and hot, but jesus, jimin is right across the table and this waitress is trying to seduce him! jimin keeps his arms crossed firmly over his chest, glaring daggers at the side of the lady's head. she hardly even looked at him, too, which is extremely rude. she was checking taehyung out the entire time jimin was saying his order; he wouldn't be surprised if his sweet tea and large chicken salad with ranch dressing and extra shredded cheddar cheese comes back as a pure black coffee and pasta salad.

to make it all worse, taehyung doesn't even notice that he's being flirted with. he doesn't notice the lady's seductive lip bites (ugly, in jimin's opinion; his gag reflex almost went off the first time she did it), or the purr in her voice, or her glaringly obvious hints to him coming home with her after he eats as if jimin isn't right ing there, or the waves of anger rolling off of jimin. taehyung just smiles warmly at her as he gives her his order, answering all of her ridiculous questions and being way too kind for jimin's liking.

eventually, she leaves with a stupid, nerve-grating giggle and jimin's ice cold stare shifts to taehyung. the brunette's smile drops immediately when he sees the stare jimin is giving him, mouth falling ajar slightly. "what? what's wrong? do you not like what i ordered? i-i can get something else if it makes you feel better?"

jimin scoffs and rolls his eyes; of course taehyung would think it's about the ing food and not about the fact he was just being flirted with. jimin decides not to answer taehyung's questions and moves his glare down to the table. this worries taehyung even more, back going completely straight and staring at jimin with furrowed eyebrows. jimin knows taehyung is giving him that lost look, the one that makes him look like a cute puppy, and the image almost makes jimin forgive him immediately, ready to lean across the table to plant a kiss right on taehyung's lips; almost.

jimin is extremely angry at that waitress for being so unprofessional by openly flirting and trying seduce a customer, a customer that is taken and has been happily for over three years, and jimin is angry at taehyung for not realizing what was going on and letting it happen. jimin doesn't talk to taehyung the entire wait for their meal, and taehyung doesn't talk to jimin because jimin becomes—for the lack of a better word—fragile when angry; he gets quiet and sits in his boiling rage, snapping at anyone and everyone that tries to confront him, and taehyung has been the victim of that more times than he can count.

jimin has to physically stop himself from just punching that waitress when she gives them their food (surprisingly, jimin's is actually what he ordered) because she starts flirting with taehyung again and even calls him 'y' a few times (which he is, but only jimin is allowed to say that). and, of course, taehyung doesn't even realize it and even blushes bright red whenever she calls him y, and it makes her giggle.

"would you mind meeting me outside before you leave?" she asks, fluttering her ridiculous lashes in an attempt to be y. "my shift will be up by then and i want to show you something."

"uh," taehyung spares jimin a glance, his worry picking up when he sees jimin's face is red with how mad he is, before looking back at the lady and smiling lightly. "sure."

"oh, thank you." she giggles (ing nails on a chalk board on jimin's ears) and raises the tray over when she turns to walk away. "i bet he's a good .."

jimin's face turns the brightest red taehyung has seen in a long time, actually becoming scared and shrinking in a little with wide eyes when jimin's hand curls into a tight fist on the table.

"ji-..jimin?" taehyung asks carefully, slowly reaching out to place one of his much larger hands over jimin's pure white and red from how tight he's clenching it. "a-are you okay, baby..?"

"oh, i'm perfectly fine." jimin spits, lifting his head to glare at taehyung, the younger flinching at the hard stare and growl he hears rumble in jimin's chest when he spots that same waitress talking to one of the other waitresses and pointing over at them. "it's not like my boyfriend was just seduced and flirted with right in ing front of me, and it's not like my boyfriend let this happen, and it's not like my boyfriend just agreed to meet some girl he doesn't know outside so she can drag him to her house to him."

taehyung's eyes widen slightly and he looks behind them, eyes connecting with the lady's. she flutters her lashes again, waving at him. taehyung gives her a weak, half-smile before looking back at jimin. "j-jimin, i'm sorry. i-i didn't.. i didn't notice, i'm so sorry."

taehyung sounds so genuinely upset and sorry that jimin can't hold his glare any longer, unclenching his fist and laying his hand flat on the table so taehyung's palm is pressed into the back. taehyung turns jimin's hand over and frowns at the bright red crescents dug into jimin's palm. "baby.. you shouldn't hurt yourself like this."

"well it's not like i can shout and slam everything." jimin rolls his eyes, tugging his hand out of taehyung's to start eating his meal. taehyung stares at jimin for a few more seconds before slowly moving to start eating.

they eat in silence, taehyung still feeling guilty for being part of the reason jimin's so upset and jimin still extremely angry. jimin eats quickly, trying to force down most of his rage with each swallow, but taehyung eats slowly because he feels bad, so jimin finishes first and he spends the time it takes taehyung to finish eating acting like taehyung's watchdog, looking around them to spot anyone staring at taehyung and glaring at them until they look away.

jimin always thought it was a little weird how he was extremely possessive of taehyung and easily jealous, but taehyung was calm and never said anything even if jimin's being flirted with right in front of him. sometimes it makes jimin sad because sometimes he wants taehyung to be jealous, to glare at the person flirting with him so hard most would be surprised they haven't dropped dead yet, but taehyung always says it's because there's no point in being jealous when jimin comes home with him and not them. the most taehyung does is wrap an arm around jimin's waist in front of the person flirting with him if jimin actually reacts to the flirting, sometimes pushing jimin down onto the bed when they get home to strip them down bare and rolling his hips into jimin's, whispering 'mine' into jimin's ear.

jimin's snapped out of his thoughts when taehyung reaches out to grab his hand again, looking at him with worried eyes. jimin stares at taehyung, watching as the worry in taehyung's dark brown orbs gets stronger the longer jimin stays silent, before offering him a small smile. taehyung sighs in relief and decides to pay for lunch, calling the waitress over (it's a different one this time, so that other lady must have been serious about getting off around the time they finished or begged to get off early) for the bill and paying. jimin frowns, but gets tugged up by taehyung and gets a kiss on the forehead anyway.

"i really am sorry." taehyung whispers into jimin's hair, arm secure around jimin's hips as they walk to the exit.

"it's okay." jimin sighs and leans into taehyung's side, his eyes closing because he knows taehyung would never let him get hurt. "it's not like i exactly blame people for flirting with you; you are really hot."

taehyung flushes lightly and rolls his eyes, releasing jimin and skipping a few steps ahead to hold the door open for jimin. he pokes jimin's nose when the older walks passed him. "but all yours, baby, so you don't need to worry."

"i'm easily jealous." jimin sticks his tongue out at taehyung, smiling lightly when taehyung is immediately attached to him again, one half of his chest pressed into jimin's back and arm back around his hips.

"you shouldn't be," taehyung mumbles quietly, pressing a kiss to the top of jimin's head. "i mean, look at hoseok-hyung and jeongguk. hoseok-hyung gets hit on every where they go, but he still stays with jeongguk. seokjin-hyung and yoongi-hyung have been dating for a while too, and seokjin-hyung gets wolf whistles all the time."

"yeah, but we're not hoseok-hyung and jeongguk, or seokjin-hyung and yoongi-hyung." jimin frowns, looking down and one of his hands resting over taehyung's on his stomach.

taehyung pouts, opening his mouth to say something, but is interrupted by the lady from before jogging up to them. jimin immediately stares at her with a blank expression and taehyung worries on his bottom lip. she eyes their position, but says nothing of it and smiles at taehyung. "can we talk? without your," she glances at jimin and is surprised at the dirty look he's giving her, "friend?"

"uh," taehyung glances around for a second before shaking his head. "sorry, but no. i don't think my boyfriend would be quite happy with me going off with someone i don't know when we're on a date."

taehyung flashes her a last smile before walking towards his car, arm tightening around jimin's waist as he tugs him along. when they reach the car, taehyung, knowing the lady was still watching them, turns them so she has a perfect side view of them and pulls jimin flush against him, raising a hand to place his index finger under jimin's chin to tilt his head up and dipping his head down to press his lips to jimin's. he holds the kiss long enough for her to get the idea that taehyung wasn't using jimin to avoid her and that they actually are dating and on a date, but it's not like jimin cared. he pulls away with a smile, giving jimin's lips another light peck before releasing him so jimin can circle the car to enter the passenger side.

taehyung enters the car as well, not waiting to place the keys into the ignition and starting the car, turning to look behind him and pulling out of the parking space to start driving off.

"was that good enough?" taehyung asks, taking a hand off the steering wheel to grab one of jimin's, palm pressed into the back. "since it always upsets you that i don't do more stuff to show that you're my boyfriend?"

"oh, it was perfect," jimin giggles, leaning back in his chair and looking over at taehyung with a warm smile. "i looked at her before i got into the car; she looked so surprised and offended."

"well, that's what happens when you hit on someone that's taken and loyal." taehyung looks over at jimin with a smile before looking back at the road.

jimin continues staring at taehyung with the light smile and taehyung can feel his stare on the side of his face, but he doesn't say anything. he simply holds his own smile, taking his hand off jimin's to flip his hand then pressing their palms together and slotting his fingers into the spaces between jimin's; the little giggle he gets in response makes his smile widen and a warm feeling bloom in his chest.