(love can be like a rose) soft and delicate reds, but pricking your fingers on the thorns

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

   title, (l o v e  c a n  b e  l i k e  a  r o s e)  s o f t  a n d  d e l i c a t e  r e d s,  b u t  p r i c k i n g  y o u r  f i n g e r s  o n  t h e  t h o r n s

>> vmin // unrequited!jikook // friend!vkook // 1699w // fluff // caps // a.n: updated fast lol im sorry, i didnt think it would take such a short time to write this one (it's based on how i feel things would go down if two or more members liked another and then found out about it and i used jikook bc 1. i needed to do vmin lol 2. jikook is popular so it seemed fitting?? i guess???)

 

 

 

Taehyung has always noticed the way Jungkook looks at Jimin; Taehyung has always noticed how Jungkook looks at Jimin with longing. Jungkook's gazes had started over a year and a half ago, but Taehyung never said anything about it. Despite how close he and Jungkook are, it wasn't his business to get in Jungkook's face about a crush. It was also the same for Jungkook; he always noticed the way Taehyung looks at Jimin. He noticed every single longing look Taehyung tossed at Jimin since the first time he did it two years ago. He never brought it up though; it would be rude to jump on Taehyung's case about a crush.

But Taehyung decided to calmly bring it up today, though, when the two were in Taehyung's, Jimin's and Hoseok's room alone.

"Kookie, do you have a crush on someone?" Taehyung asks, laying on his back with his arms holding up a comic he's read a thousand times by now.

Jungkook isn't really surprised by the question, though his shoulders square a little and he tosses a glance in Taehyung's question. "I guess.. you could say that. What about you, hyung?"

Taehyung sighs and rolls onto his stomach, tossing the comic to the side and folding his arms under his chin. "Yup."

"It's Jimin-hyung, right?" Jungkook questions, moving his attention completely from his phone to Taehyung on Hoseok's bed.

Taehyung bites his lip, glancing at Jungkook before looking back at the wall. He releases his lip and sighs again, eyes closing. "Yup."

Jungkook isn't surprised by the answer, because he already knew. He doesn't need to say Jimin's his crush either, because he knows Taehyung already knows. They sit in silence for a little longer before Jungkook speaks up again. "Um.. good luck?"

Taehyung giggles lightly, rolling onto his side to face Jungkook and patting the space in front of him. Jungkook rolls his eyes, but puts down his phone and slides out of Jimin's bed, waddling over to Taehyung to plop down beside him. Taehyung throws an arm over Jungkook's torso and buries his face into his shoulder. "No matter what happens... whether Jiminie chooses me or you, or neither of us, we'll still be friends, right?"

Jungkook scoffs and rolls his eyes again. "Hyung, you're stupid if you think Jimin-hyung choosing you over me, me over you, or rejecting both of us is going to make me stop being friends with you. I'm not an , you know."

"Could've fooled me." Taehyung giggles into Jungkook's shoulder, squealing when Jungkook presses a finger into his ribs with a pout.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. You're a really good friend." Taehyung tilts his head up to smile up at Jungkook and the younger simply rolls his eyes again, but there's a small smile playing on his lips. "Love you too, hyung."

 


The boys don't act any different around each other, because it's not like they learned something life-ruining. They both knew the other liked Jimin so it wasn't a problem; if anything, it was a relief to know they weren't so deep that they were seeing things. They both become a little more clingy towards Jimin, not to say 'Jiminie's mine, you wit', but more like a competition of sorts. Again, not to try and claim Jimin, but it just felt better to lay across Jimin without upsetting each other.

Jimin doesn't really notice the new amount of skinship from the two, but he doesn't mind. He doesn't react any different to Jungkook's skinship than he does Taehyung's skinship, but Jungkook swears there's a different sparkle in Jimin's eye and there's a hardly noticeable pink tint on his cheeks when Taehyung's the one back hugging him and whispering things into his ear to make him giggle. But Jungkook doesn't bring it up; he doesn't really get upset by it either. He's not even really surprised because Taehyung is a really great guy; he doesn't blame Jimin for liking him.

The other boys seem to notice all the new skinship though. Namjoon knows his boys too well to not notice; Seokjin always notices changes in his bandmates, so this isn't an exception; Yoongi has the eyes of a ing hawk and he watches over the other members silently, always sparing them at least fifty glances a day to make sure nothing happens; Hoseok rooms with Taehyung and Jimin, and hangs out with Jungkook a lot, so it's obvious he would notice. They don't bring it up though. It's not their business to interfere with their love lives.

 


It's an entire month later when Jimin finally picks up on the fact that, oh, Taehyung and Jungkook are crushing on me. He burns bright red and becomes shy, happy it came to him on a sleepless night of staring at the bottom of Taehyung's bed. Jimin doesn't reject Taehyung's skinship, nor does he reject Jungkook's skinship, but the faint blush that appears on his cheeks when Taehyung touches him burns brighter than before.

Jungkook notices it; does he say anything about it? No. Is he upset? A little, but to be expected. Is he surprised? No.

Jungkook also notices how Jimin turns straight as a board when Taehyung is around him, touching him and his words threading through his red hair. Jungkook can tell Taehyung notices how Jimin, though not refusing any contact, becomes more stiff and awkward (he's good at masking it infront of cameras though), catching the flash of hurt that lace Taehyung's eyes for a few seconds. It makes Jungkook frown; Taehyung doesn't deserve to be sad.

Jungkook considers hinting to Jimin that Taehyung loves him, or even bluntly telling him, but he decides not to do either of them because it's not his place to do such a thing. His skinship with Jimin knocks down, but not enough to be questioned if he's okay or not. He covers it up by draping himself across Hoseok's lap or sitting with Namjoon or Yoongi as they scribble fierce raps on notepads.

Jimin doesn't seem to mind or notice the small amount of skinship that's been plucked out of Jungkook, so Jungkook decides it's all okay. Jimin seems so happy with Taehyung (despite how awkward he had been around him), and all Jungkook wants for Jimin is for him to be happy. If that means giving up on his chance, then so be it.

 


Jungkook didn't need to do any hinting of any sorts, he decides, because he walks into the kitchen one day and spots Taehyung cornering Jimin against the counter, hands on his thin hips and Jimin's arms around his neck, lips pressed together. Jungkook stares for a few seconds before smiling a sad smile, turning on his heel and walking into the living room. Jungkook doesn't listen in on their moment, simply turning on the television and starting to channel surf. But then he hears Jimin moan and Jungkook frowns. "Hey," he calls, looking over his shoulder into the kitchen and grinning at how the couple jump away from each other. "No in the kitchen; Jin-hyung would kill you."

"Sh-Shut up, Kook!" Jimin shouts, his voice raised a few pitches higher than usual, face burned bright red when he stomps away to his room in embarrassment.

Taehyung watches Jimin leave with a smile before moving over to where Jungkook is sitting, sitting down beside him. He stares at the television with Jungkook, neither speaking for a few moments.

"You gonna be okay?" Taehyung asks after the long, but not uncomfortable silence, waiting a few seconds after his question before looking over at Jungkook.

"I won't lie and say it doesn't hurt," Jungkook starts off, looking over at Taehyung and smiling at him, trying to wipe the frown off Taehyung's face. "But I'll be able to get over it eventually. I can see why he chose you."

"Jungkook, don't say something like that." Taehyung's frown tugs deeper. "You're a great guy, Kook. You'll find someone that truly loves you, romantically or platonically, one day."

Jungkook holds his smile before looking back at the television. "Yeah.. that'd be nice, I guess. Now get back to your boyfriend, he might be missing you."

Taehyung flushes lightly at the word 'boyfriend' and suppressing the urge to giggle at the warm feeling that blooms in his chest. He leans over and gives Jungkook a tight hug. "Good luck, Kook."

Jungkook chuckles quietly and returns the hug before shoving him off playfully, snorting at the whine Taehyung gives him. Taehyung ruffles Jungkook's hair before hopping off the couch and skipping over to Hoseok's, Jimin's and his room. Jimin is already laying on his bed when Taehyung enters, eyes sliding up to meet Taehyung's. Jimin immediately blushes and smiles lightly. Taehyung giggles and runs up to Jimin, jumping onto the bed and curling himself around Jimin tightly.

"Did you talk to Jungkookie?" Jimin questions, head tilting down to look at Taehyung the best he can from the position. He smiles slightly at the nod Taehyung does against his chest. "I feel bad though.."

"Jungkook said that he'd be okay." Taehyung lifts his head to look at Jimin with a small smile. "He said it hurts, but it's okay and he'll get over you soon."

Jimin stares down at Taehyung before smiling slightly, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "I hope so. I don't want him to be sad, he's too sweet for that."

"Everything will be okay, Min." Taehyung presses his forehead to Jimin's chin, closing his eyes. Jimin blinks then smiles lightly, closing his eyes.

"I love you, Min." Taehyung mumbles quietly, voice muffled by Jimin's shirt.

Jimin giggles shyly and gives Taehyung a light squeeze. "I love you too, TaeTae."

"No on the first day." Hoseok says fairly loudly when he enters the room, not bothering to glance at then as he walks over to his bed to sift through the sheets for his phone charger. Jimin and Taehyung blush brightly, pulling away from each other quickly.

"W-We weren't going to have !" Jimin squeaks, placing his hands over his face. Taehyung, despite his bright blush, giggles at Jimin's cute action and leans forward to kiss the backs of Jimin's hands.