(2015 X-MAS 1/9) write our names in the snow (watch the flowers bloom when it melts)

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

>> yoonjin // fluff/very very very tiny amount of angst // sentence case // 1491w // trigger: cussing // a.n: Prompt: "when i wake up and look out the window, there’s a message for me in the snow in my front yard"

christmas was yesterday for me, BUT it's never too late to do a christmas series right??? don't mind me as i write nine christmas oneshots for my fave pairings (one per couple). i love christmas and my christmas this year was super, super bad because a lot of tragedies and being super poor and , so i'm going to try and make up for the lack of that christmas cheer through these stories!!! not all of them will be fluffy, but hey they're for christmas so yah. i'll come back and edit mistakes later, wanted to hurry and get this up. also will reply to comments tomorrow or smth!!

 

 

Seokjin is the type of person that wakes up quietly and soft around the edges, eyes droopy and lips parted, completely confused about everything that deals with being in the land of the conscious. He opens his eyes half way, stares at the ceiling for a few seconds, and sits up to stare around in confusion to figure out how to function as a human being before throwing the sheets off his body. His giggles are deep and light; smiles small and exhausted; eyes soft and foggy with exhaustion; moves a little sluggish as he rubs at his eye and walks towards the restroom; he's usually still tired when he goes to make breakfast, moving slow and maybe knocking a few things over, but he's been cooking for a long time so he doesn't cut himself or ruin his food, he just struggles a little with his exhaustion.

 

Today is a little different though; Seokjin wakes up and there's a blanket of heaviness draped over his body. He isn't confused, instead feeling down and not wanting to move. He frowns at his plain ceiling, mouth feeling dry and like there's a light fog in it, a layer of just thick grossness coating the inside of his mouth. It's two days from Christmas and he still has presents to wrap, and some last minute decorating to do because this year's Christmas party is at his house, so he doesn't understand why he wants to be stuck in bed feeling sad.

 

You have to get up, Seokjin reminds himself, you have to get up and do things, you can't stay in bed all day. Seokjin nods and takes a deep breath before using his core strength to push himself up into a sitting position. His frown is still on his lips, but directed at his wall this time as if it holds the answers to his questions.

 

Maybe walking around will make it go away, Seokjin thinks. He sighs quietly and nods, gently moving the sheets off his body. He wobbles a little on his feet, rubbing at an eye with a fist as he stumbles across his hard wood floor to the door almost directly across his small bed shoved into the corner of his room. He notices how much harder it is to walk today, like he's under water and the pressure is pushing down against his legs, ten pound weights around his ankles, pins in his hips pressed right up against the curves of the joint and upper bones to make it harder to lift his legs.

 

“I can't have a down day,” Seokjin says to himself as he opens his door and walks down the small hallway of his one story house that leads to the restroom. “I can't afford to have a down day. I have too much to do.”

 

He frowns at his reflection in the mirror once he's in the restroom. He looks like ; where did the bags come from? He's getting plenty of sleep–not too much, not too little–and he's drinking enough water, and he's doing everything people say to do to hep reduce bags. He'll admit, his past few nights of sleep weren't that great, but is that really enough to give him these bags?

 

Seokjin sighs, dragging a hand down his face. “Well, when I go out shopping today, at least most people will assume I'm stressed over Christmas instead of assuming other things.”

 

He bites his lip at the deep scratch in his voice, hoping his voice just happened to be deeper today and he's not coming down with a cold.

 

Seokjin takes a warm shower and doesn't bother to wash his hair, only wiping his body down with natural soaps that he spent days researching on to make sure it had none of that silicone bull companies try to cover you with (or is it just shampoos and conditioners that companies put silicone in? Seokjin doesn't seem to remember). His body feels heavier after the shower, like he's a sponge that was dropped into a pool of water and was forced to soak it all up. He sighs and rolls his eyes, drying himself off carefully and quickly.

 

Seokjin sniffs quietly as he throws the towel over the shower pole to let it dry, leaving his bathroom as quick as he can with his whole body feeling like a twenty pound blanket was draped over him. He moves back into his bedroom, slipping on baggy clothes that won't stick to his damp skin and standing at the foot of his bed when he's done.

 

“What all do I have to do today?” He mumbles to himself, looking up at the ceiling in thought before turning on his heel and walking out of his bedroom. He starts towards his living room, counting off his fingers.

 

“Shopping, cleaning, wrapping, decorating– What is that?”

 

He comes to a complete stop once he's holding up four fingers, gaze locked on his large window in his living room beside the couch. Seokjin narrows his eyes, trying to see whatever the hell that is in his yard, but he can't see worth without his glasses or contacts. He slowly walks towards the window and practically has his face pressed against the glass, trying to make out what that is in his yard.

 

'i love you. hope you're not too stressed with everything the kids shoved onto you– me included. sorry. ♡ … yeah. love you. - yg'

 

Seokjin blinks a few times once he's finally managed to make out what the message says before a wide smile tugs his lips up and suddenly he doesn't feel so sad, his body feeling a little lighter. He giggles quietly and turns around to walk towards his room, almost in a complete run. He jumps onto his bed, running his hands all around his messy sheets before his fingers brush against the hard casing of his phone.

 

Seokjin wraps his fingers around it and unplugs it from the charger, bringing it up to his face. He taps the screen before unlocking it, swiping through his contacts until he sees '♡♡glossybear♡♡'. He taps it with his thumb and presses the phone to his ear.

 

He stares down at his pillow with a small smile, counting three rings before the person on the other line picks up. Like always.

 

“Yeah?”

 

Seokjin giggles quietly. “Thank you for the nice message you left in my yard, Yoongi.”

 

Seokjin's smile widens just a little and he giggles again when he hears Yoongi inhale slowly, but deeply, as if he had been caught doing something really cheesy for someone important. He listens to the sound of Yoongi leaning back in a squeaky chair, the wheels groaning as he backs up.

 

“Um. Yeah. You're, uh.. you're welcome. Hyung.”

 

Seokjin laughs quietly, twirling the end of his shirt around his index finger. “When did you come over to write that?”

 

“Um,” Yoongi pauses, and Seokjin can practically see Yoongi straining his neck to look at the clock hanging on the wall in the recording studio. “Around five or six in the morning. Before I came to the studio.”

 

“Yoongi,” Seokjin sighs quietly, but there's still a small smile on his lips and he doesn't scold Yoongi for waking up at ungodly hours of the morning after onto sleeping four hours this time. “Well. Thank you for thinking about me, Yoongi. It made me feel better.”

 

“Were you feeling upset?” Yoongi questions, voice sounding like his usual sharp and rough tone, but Seokjin hears the softness around the edges and the worry. He smiles.

 

“A little. But the message made me feel better, and I think doing everything I need to won't be such a problem anymore.”

 

Seokjin giggles when he hears the quiet exhale Yoongi does through his nose when he's relived, but doesn't want to make a big deal out of it, or even show it for that matter.

 

“Yeah, uh.. Jimin wanted me to tell you he's sorry for making you do most of the stuff. Said work's been kicking his lately. Something about his mother's sickness getting worse so he had to pick up another job at the ty cafe down the street.”

 

Seokjin's smile drops a little, fingers stilling. “Tell him it's okay the next time you see him; tell him to only worry about himself and his family, and Taehyung. I've got everything here. I want you guys to walk into my house on Christmas and forget all your problems. At least for one day.”

 

Seokjin listens to Yoongi's quiet and even breathing, the mint green haired boy soaking in Seokjin's and letting them set; letting the care and affection in his tone sink in.

 

“Will do, Jinnie.”

 

Seokjin hears the small smile in Yoongi's voice. It makes him smile too.

 

“Merry Christmas, Yoongi.”

 

“Merry Christmas, Jinnie.”