the three things that keep me going // kookiemonster

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection


Namjoon doesn't care that people call him ugly. Namjoon doesn't care that people don't think his music is real music, real hip hop. Namjoon doesn't care that people bully him at school, demanding he does their homework, then beating him up when he says no. Namjoon doesn't care about much; about people. There are only three things in this world that keep him going.

1. Writing lyrics.

Being a musician, a lyricist, an artist, made Namjoon view the world differently than others. You see a girl with a blue hoodie, he sees a girl wearing a hoodie made of water with koi fish swimming around. You see dark, gloomy storm coulds, he sees a sea of liquid silver, the shy peeks of the sun rays that happen every so often being the reflection of the gold ocean floor. You hear whilsting winds of the stormy day and the rustles of the leaves, he hears the trees and the sky singing quietly in beautiful harmony.

He had the ability to let his emotions and thoughts flow from the core of his soul to his arms down to the tips of his fingers that held a pen, or a pencil, or some writing instrument firmly between them and down onto a sheet of paper. Sure, he had pages in his notebook with lyrics to this song he'd finish later, and lyrics to that song he'd finish later, and someone who didn't understand music in the slightest would be very confused because that definitely didn't go with this, but that's only because he can't keep his mind focused on one song all the time. Inspiration was all around him, how was he supposed to focus on one song without jotting down some lyrics to another? That was simply impossible. Work on the song, scrawl out the lyrics to another, continue working on the current one at hand. Simple, and that's how Namjoon liked to do it.

2. Making beats.

If writing lyrics didn't help Namjoon get rid of nagging feelings, letting his long, slender fingers slide over and tap the white squared buttons that turned different colours depending on the mode, or letting his fingers dance over the white and black keys of a piano, or letting his fingers softly tap the keys of his keyboard as if it were the keys of the finest piano sure did the trick. He enjoyed messing with random beats and sounds and the like in hopes of it turning into a wonderful piece.

He'd make slower ones, ones with gentle and spaced out taps with a flowy feel that made you think of the colour blue, and the ocean on those empty and grey, rain-filled days.

He'd make fast and upbeat ones, ones with hard and right-after-the-other taps that you felt in your shoulders on those days where everything irritated him to no end.

He'd make ones that were just experiments, using thunder and rain and glass shattering as his base.

3. Jeon Jungkook.

Jungkook was a special person.

He had looks, he had grades, he had one hell of a voice, his dancing was slick and smooth.

Namjoon wasn't quite sure why he let Jungkook in, he only met him in the park when the younger timidly walked up to him because he was curious about what he was so focused on. Namjoon thought that was a stupid reason to walk up to a complete stranger, but he answered him anyway. The way Jungkook's eyes lite up and looked genuinely interested in the words flowing out of Namjoon's mouth surprised Namjoon. The angelic smile the boy possessed surprised Namjoon even more.

So after a year and three months of meeting up, mainly Jungkook coming over to Namjoon's studio which was his room to watch him work silently, Jungkook finally got the courage to ask Namjoon out on a date. To say Namjoon was surprised was a bit of an understatement, but he said yes anyway. And after a few more, they started dating.

And Namjoon was happy.

Namjoon didn't think anything other than music could make him happy, but that little brat managed to worm his way into his heart and make Namjoon's chest feel warm and fuzzy just by smiling that bright, sweet smile of his.

Jungkook was one of the very few people to treat Namjoon with respect from the very beginning.

After another year of dating Jungkook, Namjoon found himself wondering what Jungkook saw in him.

Namjoon wasn't handsome like Jungkook, Namjoon couldn't sing like Jungkook, Namjoon couldn't dance like Jungkook, everyone loved Jungkook, everyone hated Namjoon.

But when Jungkook took one of Namjoon's large hands between his own, Namjoon knew he was being foolish. He never cared what anyone thought what him, he shouldn't start now. If Jungkook loved him like he said he did, and thought Namjoon was the most beautiful person to grace the face of the Earth like he said he did, that was enough for Namjoon.

Namjoon's fingers halted their dance across the keyboard as he looked down at the head on his lap, eyes closed with black eyelashes laying softly against his pale skin, pink lips slightly parted, black hair slightly covering his closed eyes, breathing light and even. A smile tugged at the corners of Namjoon's lips, dropping a hand from his keyboard to Jungkook's head and gently ran his fingers through his hair.

Namjoon scooted back and gently picked up Jungkook's limp body before carrying him over to the bed in the corner and set him down before pulling the sheets over him.

Namjoon squatted down by the bed to run the tips of fingers through Jungkook's fringe before dragging them down the bridge of his nose and Namjoon found himself wondering what good he did in his life to be blessed with this angel lying in his bed. Namjoon's smile widened slightly before he got up, leaning down to press a gentle kiss to Jungkook's forehead and turned to go back to his work despite the hour when he felt a hand gently grabbing his wrist.

"Hyung..."

Namjoon turned to look at Jungkook. "Mm?"

"Can you lay with me?"

Namjoon thought it was cute how Jungkook pulled the covers up to his eyes as he spoke, most likely to hide his blush. Jungkook was a very shy, timid soul and even after being with Namjoon for so long, he was still shy to ask him the simplist of questions and Heaven forbid if he asked Namjoon to buy him something.

Namjoon walked over to his computer and quickly saved everything, clicking the save button one, two, three times just because he was a little paranoid before shutting everything down and walking over to his bed. He slipped under the sheets beside Jungkook, wrapping his arms around his thin waist and brought him into his chest.

Jungkook's blush darkened before he smiled, snuggling closer and wrapping his arms around Namjoon's torso. "Hey, hyung?"

Namjoon looked down at Jungkook, though all he saw was Jungkook's mop of hair. "Mm?"

Jungkook tilted his head back to smile warmly at Namjoon. "You're handsome."

Namjoon rose an eyebrow. Jungkook had grown into the habit of giving Namjoon little compliments instead of saying 'I love you' when he found out about Namjoon's thoughts, even though Namjoon said it was only one time.

Namjoon slowly smiled and chuckled, kissing Jungkook's forehead. "I love you too."

Jungkook shyly pecked Namjoon's lips before burying his face into Namjoon's chest.

Namjoon chuckled.

Jungkook really was cute.

 

 

 

——————————————————————————————:A/N:——————————————————————————————

 

Sorry for taking so long to update! ;;; So I blessed you with a fluff Kookie Monster ; v ; Shy Kookie again, huh e u e

I wrote this a lil' while back though, aha

Not much to say tbh

so, uh

 

Sorry for mistakes and hope you enjoyed!! (///▽///) ♡

 

(seVE N T EE N SUBSCRIBERS I'M NOT OKAY MY HEART IS NOT CALM MY ARE NOT CALM OKAY--)

 

 

(also, i forgot to mention, sorry about there not being a set font, i changed my computer's default font so idk what you guys see ;; should i set a font, or continue not using one? let me know in the comments~)