gaming (boy)friends

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

   title, g a m i n g  (b o y)f r i e n d s

vmin | side!junghope | side!sugakookie if you squint with a magnifying glass | side!yoonseok if you squint / fluff / cap / tw: mild cussing / 7.4w / a.n: lame name i know. but i needed a gaming vmin au lol i'm a gamer so ye. they mostly play call of duty black ops two bc that's mostly what i play nowadays lOL (pst if any of u guys play cod bo II on the ps3 or aw (advanced warfare) my name is taeookie c; ) i hope you enjoy!!

 

 

i.


"Dammit! you, V!" Jimin growls, teeth grinding in anger and face bright red. He hears several laughters, ranging from deep to light, but the deepest and most joyful-sounding laughter is the one that makes him want to punch a wall. He grips the controller so tightly it groans in detest, thumb smashing into the square button because he does not want to see himself die from another point of view. "in' bull," he grumbles quietly, quickly selecting his class and pressing L3 to sprint.

"Aww, don't be such a poor sport, Rain!"

Jimin growls, glaring at the red "v_iper" that shows up beside the mini map in the top left-hand corner of the screen, a small speaker icon beside it as said person speaks. Jimin takes his frustration out on any person that shows up on his screen with either no name, or their name is in red text. "You're an ."

"Dude, did you forget Viper is a level, like, one thousand and five?"

Jimin growls into the microphone of his Afterglow Wireless headset, tossing a glare at the name "breaths-of-white" that pops up. "Shut up, Yoongi."

"Hyung." Yoongi huffs, and Jimin can feel his eye roll through the microphone.

"White, don't give me so much credit," v_iper giggles, deep and pure, "it's impossible to go that high."

Jimin pouts deeply in anger, pressing L1 to aim and R1 to fire. He quickly presses L3 again to sprint, sometimes stopping to aim and look around before running again. But, alas, he's shot from behind and he just knows it's v_iper, it's only confirmed when the score says "v_iper killed rain-lance95"

"Dammit, V!" Jimin curses, jerking back in his chair again and smashing the square button to quickly respawn. His shoulders raise in anger as v_iper's laughter fills his ears and he's tempted to toss his headphones off, but he needs to listen for footsteps, gunfire, and explosions so he decides against it.

"I'm sorry, Rain!" v_iper apologizes, but the smirk is evident in his voice. "You just keep showing up, it's not my fault!"

"Liar," Jimin huffs in anger, thumbs slamming the sticks into the plastic of his controller so hard, his microphone picks it up (he can tell by how his name shows up every time he moves one of them). "I hate you so much, V."

"Aww, Rain, don't be like that, don't be a sore loser." v_iper giggles again and Jimin shivers because man does that sound like the giggle of the Devil.

"My team hasn't lost yet, V." Jimin mumbles and, as if on cue, he's frozen in the air mid-jump and "DEFEAT" shows up in bright, bold red letters with the scoreboard beneath.

"Now it has." v_iper cackles almost evilly and it makes Jimin breathe deeply, hanging his head and shoulders slumping as he squeezes his eyes shut.

"Dammit," Jimin curses, lifting his head and looking at the time. The clock screams back at him in form of loud, angry red numbers saying 4:30 and the lack of a dot in the left-hand corner tells him it's AM. He curses again before sighing deeply. "I gotta go to bed guys, it's past four in the morning and my eyes burn."

"Good night, Rain," v_iper says cheerfully, "sleep well and sweet dreams."

A chorus of "good night"s follows v_iper's and it makes Jimin roll his eyes and smile. "Yeah, yeah. Night, guys."

He exits the lobby then presses the PS button, clicking "Quit Game" and answering yes when the system asks if he really wants to quit playing the game. With a small yawn, Jimin leans over to turn off his PS3 then the TV, leaving his room to be swallowed by the thick blackness of the night.

 

ii.

 

A loud, annoying, nerve-grating ringing is what rips Jimin from slumber so rudely. At first he ignored it—maybe it would go away, maybe it would stop if he waited it out—but after six seconds, he realized it was his phone and he sat up onto his elbows with a deep groan. "Who the hell is calling me?" He grumbles deeply, voice rough and thick, and scratchy around the edges from sleep.

Jimin's not too surprised when he sees the ID "Satan", sighing deeply and hanging his head in frustration before answering the call, pressing the phone to his ear. "What the hell do you want this early in the morning, Jeon Jeongguk?"

"Early?" Jeongguk scoffs. "It's five thirty in the afternoon! If you didn't play games until ungodly hours, maybe you would've known that."

"Get to the point, Jeongguk." Jimin sighs, voice muffled from the pillow he's buried his face into.

"You, Park Jimin, are going to get off your and get dressed up and make yourself pretty because I am coming over in fifteen minutes."

"Why the hell do I—"

"If you let people finish talking, you'd know already." Jeongguk sighs as if disappointed in Jimin for being so damn rude. "I'm bringing a friend; someone you don't know, but I think you're going to like. It's a guy, a bit taller than you, extra attractive, super nice, your age."

"Are you trying to set me up on a date, because I sw—"

"Just get off your lazy and get ready."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Jimin groans into his pillow, a loud "what the " being drowned from his groans as if moving was the most difficult task and he was not in the mood for it. It takes him three whole minutes to even decide if he really wanted to be nice and get up, deciding yes because maybe Jeongguk was really going to bring someone over and he didn't want to be rude even if Jeongguk was trying to set him up on a date, which never went well in the past. "I hate Jeon Jeongguk." Jimin sings with extra vibrato to show how mad he is, pushing himself off his bed and stumbling into his bathroom.

 

iii.

 

When he opened his door, Jimin was not expecting to see someone that was actually "extra attractive" hovering behind Jeongguk. He didn't even notice his mouth was open until Jeongguk cleared his throat. "Jimin, close your mouth before a bee flies in there and stings your throat."

Jimin snaps his mouth shut, glaring at Jeongguk before looking up at the handsome stranger behind Jeongguk, stepping away from the door. "Come in, please."

Jeongguk rolls his eyes, stepping into the house like it's his own and the handsome stranger follows, smiling at Jimin. Holy , he's gorgeous, Jimin looks at the ground and closes the door gently.

Jimin walks up to Jeongguk and leans down to his ear. "You didn't say your friend was that attractive."

"I said extra attractive," Jeongguk raises an eyebrow, elbowing Jimin's ribs making the older hiss and mumble 'brat'.

"Okay," Jeongguk starts cheerfully and loud enough to make both Jimin and the handsome stranger curiously looking at all Jimin's photos on the wall to look at him, "Jimin, this is Taehyung. Taehyung, this is Jimin."

"Like, Tae-hyung or Taehyung?" Jimin questions quietly, glancing at Jeongguk awkwardly. He's only a bit confused because Jeongguk refuses to call him "hyung", but will call anyone else older than himself "hyung", and Jeongguk said this guy was Jimin's age so...

Before Jeongguk can respond, the handsome stranger speaks first. "Taehyung as in Taehyung. My name is Taehyung," he giggles.

Jimin blushes in embarrassment at being heard but then he realizes something, but he's not quite sure. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry," Taehyung brushes it off, "I get it more than you'd think."

Holy , Jimin stares at Taehyung, eyes narrowed. "Are you.. by any chance—"

"Oh yeah," Jeongguk interrupts with a smile too innocent for someone that could easily pass as Satan's spawn (with some convincing and acting, and maybe even some exaggerated stories based off actual things he's done, of course). "I forgot to mention something. Jimin, this is Viper. Taehyung, this is Rain-lance."

Jimin's mouth falls open for the second time and Taehyung's eyes widen. They stare at each other silently as if they're both having trouble processing this new information. Jeongguk looks between them and shoves Jimin. "Say something."

"Holy , Viper is hot?!" Jimin squeaks, raising a hand to his chest as if offended to find out he's been shouting at an attractive person this whole time.

"Not that." Jeongguk groans, slamming a hand onto his face and shaking his head.

Taehyung's eyebrows raise at this, one corner of his mouth tilting up in surprise, but decides to go along with it. "And Rain is adorable?"

"I—" Jimin starts, mouth moving and voice starting immediately in a defensive mechanism to argue with an insult, but then he processed that Taehyung—v_iper—called him adorable. "Wait, what? Did you just call me adorable?"

Taehyung grins a bit. "Yes, I did."

Jimin stares at Taehyung before blushing brightly, coughing and looking away. Taehyung's grin widens at the reaction, looking around. "But it seems adorable Rain lives in a dump."

Jimin's blush darkens at again being called adorable, but then he realizes Taehyung called his place a dump, head whipping around to pout. "Hey, my place is not a dump. I just.. haven't cleaned it in a while. But it's not like I have rotting food and roaches and stuff like that."

Taehyung smirks, looking back at Jimin and raising one eyebrow. The expression makes Jimin take a deep breath and clear his throat, looking away again at Jeongguk. "So, was there anything in specific you wanted to do whilst you were here?"

"Nope," Jeongguk chuckles, walking towards the door and swinging it open. "Bye, have fun, children," he laughs as he shuts the door behind him and the house and the neighborhood are so quiet, they can here Jeongguk cackle like the evil person he is all the way to his car.

Jimin stares at the door before glancing at Taehyung then at the ground. "Um.. is there anything I can get you? Food..? Drink?"

"Nah, I'm good." Taehyung smiles, leaning against the arm of Jimin's couch, "thank you though."

Jimin smiles a bit, nodding. He then continues to stand there awkwardly, staring at the ground. Jimin can't stand silence, however, so it only takes half of a minute for him to sniff and speak. "So.. you're Viper, huh?" Stupid question, Jimin, stupid ing question.

"Yup," Taehyung responds, smiling at Jimin again, "in the flesh. And you're Rain-lance?"

Wow, he just made fun of you, Jimin bites his bottom lip and nods, awkwardly meeting Taehyung's gaze. "Yup."

Taehyung looks around the living room of Jimin's little one story house, eyes landing on a fairly large twin-door case. "Those your games?"

"Hmm?" Jimin hums, following Taehyung's gaze to the case and his mouth falls open slightly in realization. "Oh, no, those are my movies. My games are in my room. Well, my PS-three games since I've been playing it a lot." He smiles shyly.

"Oh," Taehyung nods in understanding, "can I see?"

"Sure." Jimin smiles, walking past Taehyung towards his room. "Follow me."

It only takes Taehyung five long strides to reach the other side of the living room, whereas it takes Jimin ten. Jimin pouts as Taehyung turns to look at him. "A little taller my ."

"Hmm?" Taehyung smirks, leaning against the door frame as Jimin opens the door.

"Jeongguk said you were a little taller than me," Jimin cranes his neck back to look up at Taehyung, pout deepening, "you're so much taller than me."

Taehyung's smirk widens, patting Jimin's head. "Don't worry, it's cute."

Jimin blushes and pushes passed Taehyung into the room, grumbling under his breath. Taehyung giggles, turning after Jimin and taking in the pitch black room other than the light coming in from the window. "Wow, you're room is completely different from the rest of your house."

Unlike what Taehyung saw in the living room where everything was whites and silvers with clothes strewn about and some empty bowls and plates, Jimin's room had a grey roof and door frames, black walls, dark grey wooden floor, and clean with everything put in its place. There was only a twin sized bed covered in black sheets and pillow cases pushed into the right-hand side corner that you would turn immediately from entering to get to, a professional gaming station in the left-hand side corner that you'd walk to the wall then turn to get to, and a large, dark brown twin-door wooden case a foot away from the gaming station.

Jimin grins over his shoulder, pointing at the case. "Those are my games."

Taehyung raises an eyebrow before walking up to it and kneeling down, grabbing the knobs and pulling them open. He's not surprised to see that there are as many games as you can fit into the case, grinning because it's actually a bit cute (Jimin filling the each area of the case to the brim with games, not the case being filled to the brim with games). "How many of these games do you actually play on a day-to-day basis?"

"CoD Black Ops Two and Advanced Warfare, online of course, Battlefield Four, again online, all four Uncharted games for the PS-three just because they're some of my favorites, and Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse, I haven't beaten that one yet." Jimin admits sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.

"That's it?" Taehyung questions, looking over his shoulder at Jimin.

Jimin flushes. "I, uh— like— well, I— I-I hate to admit, like, it's super embarrassing, but... you-you've been.. taking up a lot of my time... recently.."

Taehyung smirks widely and it's like a lopsided rectangle. "Have I now?"

Jimin glances at Taehyung and his face burns bright red. "I-It's not like that, it's just that I've been super determined to beat you!"

"Cute." Taehyung chuckles, pulling Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare out of the case and standing, turning and holding it up. "Wanna play?"

Jimin blinks in surprise, looking between Taehyung and the game. "But.. we'd be on the same team because we'd be local players."

"I think it's for the best, Rain," Taehyung laughs, turning towards Jimin's PS3 and turning it on.

"What the hell does that mean?" Jimin whines, walking up to Taehyung and slapping his shoulder. "Black Ops Two is in there, by the way."

Taehyung nods, pressing eject and carefully picking up the disk to Black Ops II. "It means that us being forced onto the same team non stop is for the better because I keep beating you."

"I killed you a few times!" Jimin pouts, crossing his arms and he watched Taehyung pluck the case of Black Ops II out of his game case and place the disk into the case then put the game back into the game case before returning to the PS3 to put Advanced Warfare into the console.

"Keywords, a few times." Taehyung laughs, "compared to the hundred plus times I killed you."

Jimin glares at Taehyung's back before sighing. "Do you actually want to use my station, or go into the living room and us the TV?"

"Your station is fine," Taehyung tosses a smile over his shoulder.

Jimin looks down as soon as he makes eye contact with Taehyung, walking forward to grab another controller he has attached underneath his desk and handing it to Taehyung awkwardly.

"Why are you all stiff and shy?" Taehyung chuckles, patting Jimin's head again. "It's not like I'm a stranger to you or you're at my place, or anything."

"It's because," Jimin starts loudly before quieting down to a whisper, "you're, like, super attractive. I-I never thought that, maybe, you were really handsome or something before so.. I dunno, shut up, don't talk about it."

Taehyung smiles widely, slinging an arm around Jimin's shoulders and poking Jimin's cheek with his other hand. "Aww, Rain, that's so cute. You like me!"

"I-I do not—"

"Don't worry, I think you're really attractive too." Taehyung giggles, pulling away from Jimin and plopping onto Jimin's plush chair.

"Wh-What did you just say?" Jimin whispers, staring at the brown crown of Taehyung's head he can see over the top of his chair.

"Rain, you're going to have to go get another chair," Taehyung completely ignores Jimin's question, humming quietly to himself.

Jimin blinks once, twice, thrice before frowning a little. "Call.. me Jimin," he turns and quickly shuffles out the room to get another chair.

Taehyung blinks, turning the chair to catch Jimin turn into what Taehyung thinks is the kitchen. He stares at the wall before a smile slowly stretches his lips, looking at the ground and smile widening, turning around completely to set up the game.

 

iv.

 

It shouldn't be surprising that Taehyung and Jimin just clicked, and it shouldn't be surprising that they were on real-name-basis now, but Jeongguk still almost dropped the Chinese take-out food he got to share with Jimin, and maybe Taehyung if he was still there, when he arrived. But, mind you, when he entered the house (Jimin didn't lock the door; it wouldn't have mattered because Jimin gave Jeongguk a copy of his key) this first things he heard were:

"Go faster, Taehyung!"

"I'm trying!"

", hurry up! Time is about to run about!"

"I know that!"

"You're supposed to be really good, hurry up!"

So then Jeongguk threw open the door because wow, no, but was greeted with the sight of Taehyung and Jimin playing some game (some type of Call of Duty, he's sure). "Oh, thank God," Jeongguk slumps, heaving a sigh. "Jimin, I've brought food. I'll put it in the kitchen."

"Okay, thanks," Jimin says, not taking his eyes off the three monitors.

Jeongguk rolls his eyes, turning to enter the kitchen. Jimin and Taehyung both press the buttons furiously and quickly, trying to get the last kill. Annoyingly enough, they both end up killing someone right when the round ends (they're team won, of course). They both stare at the screen intensely, the few seconds the 'YOUR TEAM WON' and scoreboard show seeming like an hour before it goes to the round ending killcam. They quickly glance at the name in the blank playercard.

v_iper

"!" Jimin curses loudly, slamming his controller onto his lap.

"Yes!" Taehyung cheers, throwing his hands into the air.

Jimin pouts deeply, slumping and turning to look at Taehyung. The said brunette looks at Jimin with a victorious smirk. "Aww, Jiminie," he leans closer and knocks his forehead against Jimin's. "Don't be such a sore loser."

Jeongguk watches them from the living room, watches how they interact and talk, watches how they look at each other. It brings a smile to his face, a genuine smile. It's ridiculous how even though they're on the same team, they still fight about how many times they died, how many kills they got, how high their scores are, who got the last kill (but that's just them, Jeongguk guesses). It's ridiculous how in only five hours, they look like they're the best of friends, maybe even a new couple. But he'll proudly say he knew this was a good idea because he knew Taehyung and Jimin—v_iper and rain-lance95—would go well together.

 

v.

 

"Jiminie!"

Jimin's ears perk up and he quickly slips his headphones off to hang around his neck before continuing to practically button smash. "In here, Tae!"

There's the sound of someone kicking off their shoes and hurried footsteps up his bedroom door before it's thrown up. "Ah," Taehyung says as he pads up behind Jimin and slings an arm along the top of Jimin's chair, leaning forward, "The Darkness?"

"Mmhmm." Is all Jimin says, bottom lip between his teeth as he focuses completely on the game.

Barely a month since Jeongguk introduced them to each other, and they're already so close that calling each other 'best friend' would be an understatement. Jimin already gave Taehyung a copy of his house key and Taehyung already gave Jimin a copy of his house key, they both know pretty much everything about each other, they walk into each other's house whenever they want even if it's at four in the morning, call each other when they want even if it's two in the morning, and cuddle like the sweetest and touchiest of couples.

"Mm, do you have food?" Taehyung mumbles, face buried into Jimin's hair because Jimin used that shampoo Taehyung really liked (it was warm and a bit spicy and it reminded him of walks on the beach in summer which he quite liked to take, especially at sunset when everyone's gone and especially with Jimin).

Jimin rolls his eyes, leaning back in his chair a bit as the level smooths out and it's not like he's being bombarded with people out for his head. "Why don't you check the fridge, and see for yourself?"

Taehyung scoffs, making sure it's long to both show his own annoyance and annoy Jimin.

"Dude, stop breathing all over," Jimin hisses, jerking the chair forward to use the top to hit Taehyung's throat, "me."

Taehyung pouts, straightening and holding his throat. "God, fine. Jerk."

Jimin grins a bit, not bothering to see if he caused Taehyung any actual damage and continuing his game.

 

vi.

 

Jimin shoots up in his bed, gasping so deep it hurts and almost makes his chest lock up. He pants quickly, too quickly, and his eyes dart around. Darkness; all he sees is darkness, and it's making him panic. He hurriedly looks at the clock. It's only 6:38 in the morning, there's no problem with calling at this hour. His hands quickly and feel around his bed for his phone, telling himself over and over that everything will be okay if he just finds his phone. The lingering images of his nightmare will go away, the darkness won't be a threat to him anymore, he'll be able to relax and fall back asleep. He has it between his hands three minutes later and the tears streaming down his face are making it difficult to see, but he's unlocked his phone so many times he doesn't need to look.

Jimin only needs to press one number because he's put the other on speed-dial, shakily pressing the phone to his ear and curling up against the corner.

He has to try three times to get an answer, the deep, sultry, scratchy and rumbling voice that mumbles 'hello?' into the phone on the third try has Jimin both calming down and shivering.

"Tae," Jimin whimpers, pulling his limbs tighter around him and closer as he sees things, evil things, moving in the darkness, "I'm scared."

"What?" Taehyung responds, and Jimin can hear the sheets rustling as Taehyung moves. "What's wrong, Jiminie?"

"I," Jimin swallows dryly, "I had a nightmare."

There's silence on the other end, and it lasts long enough for the screams of terror and inhuman shrieks of creatures to come back to Jimin, breathing quickening until he's certain he's going to have a panic attack, but then Taehyung speaks again. "You nerd."

"Hey!" Jimin shouts, pouting and glaring at his sheets. "I'm not a nerd! You're so rude, I swear.."

"Did it help?"

Jimin blinks, thinking silently before placing his chin on his knees. "A little.."

"Then stop complaining."

Jimin pouts again at the grin he hears in Taehyung's voice, slumping a little and sliding down until his back is pressed against his bed, kicking the sheets until they're out from underneath him and curling them around his body.

"Anything you want to talk about?"

Jimin forces himself to relax again, closing his eyes to focus completely on Taehyung's voice. "No, not really.. just... talk about stupid things like you usually do."

"I do not talk about stupid things."

"Just talk, Tae." Jimin mumbles, moving around a bit. "Talk until you hear me snore or something."

Taehyung giggles quietly and it brings a smile to Jimin's face. "Sure, Jiminie."

When Jimin wakes up only five hours later, he's surprised his phone hasn't died yet (though it's close, the battery icon only having half of one bar left) and the soft breathing coming through the line tells him Taehyung fell asleep whilst talking, which, in all honesty, is really cute.

 

vii.

 

When Taehyung wakes up, it's bright and there's cicadas making that nerve-grating noise that serves as a clock to show summer's here and hot. He's covered in sweat, blankets strewn about on his bed and the floor, clothes damp and sticking to his skin in the most disgusting of ways. He pushes a hand through his thin hair to push his fringe back off his forehead, shoulders slumping as he sits on the edge of his bed.

"Ew," he mumbles after a few more seconds of humid, thick silence. Taehyung forces himself to stand up and stumbles over to his bathroom connected to his room, quickly turning on his shower and stripping. "Ew, ew, ew," he groans in disgust as he peels his clothes off of his thin body, tossing them into the basket pushed lazily into the closet.

Taehyung doesn't stay in there for very long (maybe fifteen minutes, tops), only long enough to to wash off the sweat that soaked into his body and an extra minute thrown in to wash off the water that mixed with the sweat, just because he's a little bit of a clean freak. He's also fairly quick with drying himself, but also a bit lazy so there's still water pooled on the back of his neck, underarms, the back of his knees, and soaking his hair (all areas, if you know what I mean).

He lazily pads into his room, going up to his dresser and pulling out every drawer. He pulls out a simple white t-shirt and shorts, but curses when he can't find any underwear. "Maybe there's some downstairs," he sighs, slipping on the t-shirt and slinging the shorts over his shoulder.

He drags his feet over to his door, tugging it open and letting it slam softly into the wall, walking straight to the stairs (it's a two-story house, but it's still pretty small; all the upstairs holds is Taehyung's bedroom and an extra room) and skipping down them. He looks around, one eye screwing shut from the bright sunlight coming in through all the windows.

"I hate mornings," Taehyung grumbles, walking into the kitchen to get to the laundry room.

"Morning, Tae— Oh."

Taehyung jumps, head whipping around before he sees Jimin standing there awkwardly leaning against his counter, can of soda in hand and looking to the side. Taehyung blinks, staring at Jimin with squinted eyes before grinning. He turns to face Jimin, placing a hand on his hip. "Morning, Jiminie."

Jimin coughs into his hand, back straightening. "Planning on.. putting on pants...?"

"No, I was planning on putting on shorts." Taehyung giggles, shaking his head and turning back towards the laundry room.

"Did you just take a shower?" Jimin questions, looking up and watching Taehyung.

Taehyung hums in response, grin widening when he feels Jimin's gaze on his back. Instead of kneeling down beside the basket of clean clothes he forgot to take up yesterday like he normally would, he bends over all the way, shirt ridding up to expose more skin. Jimin's eyes widen and he intakes sharply through his mouth, cheeks burning brightly and quickly looks away.

Taehyung glances over his shoulder and chuckles, pulling out a fresh pair of underwear and walking over to Jimin. He slowly, teasingly, slips them on before slipping on his shorts. Jimin pouts deeply, looking up at Taehyung. "You're an ."

"I love you too." Taehyung laughs, wrapping an arm around Jimin's neck and pulling him towards the bedroom for a day full of sodas, snacks (mostly junkfood), Jimin complaining about Taehyung's dripping wet hair, and video games.

 

viii.

 

Jimin stares at the screen quietly, waiting for the match to start. Taehyung, however, stares at Jimin. Taehyung stares at Jimin as unnoticably as he can, taking in his gorgeous side profile. "Hey, Jiminie?"

Jimin blinks, looking over at Taehyung. "Mm, yeah, Tae?"

Taehyung stares at Jimin silently and it's slowly making Jimin uncomfortable. Jimin shifts, eyes glancing at the screen before looking back at Taehyung. "T-Tae?"

Taehyung doesn't blink, doesn't look away, doesn't speak, before leaning closer to Jimin. He leans close and closer, slowly, and he doesn't break eye contact with Jimin. The brunette's eyes widen and he blushes furiously, leaning back the closer Taehyung gets. "T-.. Tae?"

Taehyung still doesn't speak, just keeps leaning over until Jimin can't move back any further and still moves forward. He's close to Jimin's face now, so close, to the point he can feel and hear Jimin's breath leave his lips shakily to fan across his face. His lips are only a hair away from Jimin's, just a hair, he's so close, but then Jimin clears his throat and faces the screen, moving his chair away from Taehyung's. "Th-The match is s-starting, Tae."

Taehyung swallows, looking down and straightening to stare at the screen.

 

ix.

 

Taehyung's been a bit distant since he tried to kiss Jimin. He still goes over to Jimin's house, he still lets Jimin come to his house, they still call and text, but he's just.. been a bit less happy and just distant from Jimin, even if he's talking straight to Jimin's face. And it's driving Jimin insane. He wants Taehyung back, the Taehyung he knew, not this new Taehyung that's so distant, and doesn't talk to him about his problems, and is even a bit rude.

Jeongguk's noticed it, Yoongi's noticed it, even Hoseok's noticed it. And every time one of them pull Jimin to the side and ask what's wrong, Jimin just shrugs and says, "we had a little fight. I guess he's not really over it."

Jimin stares at the text he has written out. Maybe it's too blunt? Maybe it'll set Taehyung off? Maybe Taehyung will hate him afterwards? But maybe Taehyung will talk to him about why he's been so.. not him lately? Maybe Taehyung will apologize? Maybe Taehyung will go back to being that hyper ball of cuteness, rectangular smiles, deep giggles, cheesy flirts, a bit of strange antics?

Sighing, Jimin decides to send the text, convincing himself that every will be okay.

Tae.. are you... still upset about the other day?

He doesn't get an answer.

 

x.


Taehyung completely ignores him after that text; doesn't come over to his house, doesn't let Jimin into his, doesn't call him, doesn't text him, nothing. And it's ing killing Jimin. He hasn't really had his best friend in over a month, now he can't have his best friend at all? What god up above, or devil down below, hates Jimin so much, that now he can't have Taehyung around?

This is completely ridiculous, Jimin thinks, so much so that now he finds himself standing outside Taehyung's door. But now that he's here, he thinks that maybe this is a bad idea. He nibbles his bottom lip, hands tucked into the large pockets of his baggy grey cardigan. He bounces on one foot and takes a hand out of his cardigan to card it through his hair styled off of his forehead before sighing, slumping and using the same hand to ring the doorbell.

There's soft footsteps that come from upstairs all the way to the front door. Jimin gnaws at his bottom lip as he listens to Taehyung unlock the door then it opens half way. "He—.."

He stares at Jimin silently, who smiles sheepishly, before slamming the door in Jimin's face. Jimin slumps, pouting slightly. "Tae, come on. Tae, seriously, come on. Open the door. TaeTae, please, open the door. Tae—"

"Go away, Jimin."

Jimin's mouth snaps shut and his eyes widen. He swallows dryly, staring at the door. "Tae.."

"Jimin, I said go the away."

Jimin grinds his teeth slightly at Taehyung's stubbornness. "No. I'm going to stand right here until you open the ing door and /talk to me/."

"You might as well give up now, because that's not happening. Go. Away."

"No."

Taehyung doesn't respond this time, and Jimin listens to him walk away from the door. Jimin pouts slightly, shifting his weight onto one leg and both of his hands are in his pockets again. He stands there waiting until his legs get tired, sitting down Indian style, right leg crossed over his left, and plays with the ends of his cardigan. He looks like a creepy stalker or a weirdo, Jimin's sure, sitting on Taehyung's porch for hours, until half the town is darkened from the storm brewing above in the outskirts of the sky that's turning a murky, ocean blue.

Jimin feels Taehyung's gaze on him every now and then through the window, and it makes him smile, but then the gaze is gone because Taehyung left deeper into his house. Jimin ignores the stares he's getting, plucking at the dry blades of grass and weeds beside him curling over the edge of the concrete plate placed infront of the door.

Jimin heaves a deep sigh, looking up at the sky with squinted eyes. If he remembers anything from all the games he's played where the player looks at the sky in cut scenes to tell time, it should be about seven fifteen or so, and the clouds are moving in fast. He's been waiting for about four hours now, and now some part of him thinks that maybe Taehyung isn't going to let him in. But he's determined, and a bit subborn, so he forces himself to think about something else as he continues to wait to see if Taehyung will have a change of heart.

It's a full hour later when the first cold drop hits the top of his head and it makes him look back up at the sky. Two more fall, then four, then ten until it's drizzling. Jimin pouts slightly, looking back down at his lap. Everything really is against him. He sighs again, playing with his fingers. The rain is relentless, pelting down against him until his clothes are soaked and clinging to his body, hair drenched and laying flat against his forehead, ends playing in front of his eyes slightly taintly everything with a tinge of brown.

He still waits though, sitting in front of Taehyung's door in hopes of talking to him again. He's in a different position now, one leg laying flat and bent at the knee, the other also bent at the knee with his foot resting on the ground as the rain pelts harshly down against him.

"Ah, jeez," Jimin sighs, hanging his head, but just as he's about to stand up to leave, the door is thrown up.

"Are you ing insane, Jimin?!" Taehyung shouts making Jimin blink, tilting his head back to look up at the glare Taehyung's eyes are narrowed into. "Why the are you outside my door in the pouring rain?!"

Jimin a half-grin. "Waiting for you."

Taehyung makes a noise of frustration deep in his throat, rolling his eyes. He gives Jimin another glare before sighing and stepping back. "Get in."

Jimin blinks in surprise before standing up, turning and walking into the house.

"Wait," Taehyung hisses, running up the stairs and grabbing a pair of sweats, a sweater, a pair of boxers, and a towel before shuffling back down the stairs. He glares at Jimin, shoving them into his hands. "Change, now. Use the bathroom down here."

Jimin grins sheepishly at Taehyung before scurring into the bathroom in the hall connected to the living room. It doesn't take him long to dry off and change, but he pouts when he walks up to Taehyung, towel hanging from his head. The younger raises an eyebrow at how long the sleeves and pant legs are on Jimin. This isn't the first time Jimin's worn his clothes, and it's no surprise that they're big on him considering Taehyung is both taller and wider, though more bone than anything unlike Jimin who's thick and hard muscle, but Jimin's never worn one of Taehyung's sweats and sweaters at the same time. It's kinda cute how Jimin looks like he could swim in them.

But Taehyung keeps from smiling, cracking a joke, or cooing because he's still mad at Jimin for waiting in the rain and he's still a bit upset about being rejected. Taehyung sighs, bringing his hands up to Jimin's head and rubbing the towel against Jimin's hair. "Why don't you ever dry your hair properly..?"

Jimin simply smiles shyly, looking down at the wooden floor as Taehyung dries his hair. His eyes flutter as Taehyung's nails scratch his scalp through the cloth to thoroughly dry Jimin's hair, but the feeling is gone before he can fall asleep standing up. He blinks, looking up at Taehyung, but as soon as they make eye contact, Taehyung turns to toss the damp towel over the back of chair in the kitchen to dry. "Tae—"

"Why are you here, Jimin?" Taehyung inerrupts in a quiet voice, gripping the chair tightly and hanging his head.

Jimin blinks in surprise before swallowing. "Be-Because I wanted.. to see you. I wanted.. to apologize for whatever I did wrong. I wanted to make up. I-I wanted my best friend back— I wanted you back, Tae. I-I've missed you."

Taehyung's shoulders are bouncing (though subtle, it's noticeable), one hand gripping the back of the chair and other curled into a fist so tight his knuckles are white like snow. "Why?"

Jimin's eyes widen slightly. "W-Why? I—"

"Didn't I ruin everything?" Taehyung whispers, voice going deeper and quieter the more he talks. "Didn't I ruin our friendship when I tried to kiss you? It was a clear sign you didn't want it to happen when you turned away then became a little scared to be close to me after that."

Jimin's back goes straight as a board and his hands are shaking (he didn't think Taehyung noticed) because he's scared. He's scared about where this is going, what Taehyung is trying to get at. He's scared that maybe, maybe, this really might be the end of their friendship. But what scares him so much more is when Taehyung's shoulders stop bouncing, when Taehyung's hands slacken until they're hanging limply by his sides, when Taehyung turns around to look at Jimin with the most blank, emotionless, lifeless expression Jimin has ever seen on him.

"Don't you hate me now?" Taehyung whispers and the tears that build up just don't fit Taehyung, the tears don't fit such a blank expression, they don't fit such a usually happy person.

"God, no, Tae," Jimin breathes, stepping a bit closer to Taehyung, "I could never hate you. I don't hate you. Y-You didn't ruin anything, Tae, ev-everything is fine. I reacted the way I did.. be-because I wasn't sure."

"Wasn't sure about what?" Taehyung questions, eyebrows raising slightly.

"About what I felt for you," Jimin admits, breathing in deeply and taking a few more steps closer to Taehyung until he's directly in front of him. "I wasn't sure if it was admiration, a simple crush, or actual love. I was scared about leading you on if I didn't feel the same; I was scared about what would happen if I loved you, but you only kissed me out of curiousity."

Taehyung stares down at Jimin, unmoving as Jimin raises his hands to gently cup Taehyung's cheeks and smiles weakly, but warmly. "But.. I-I'm sure now, Tae. I... I-I love you."

He doesn't let Taehyung respond—not yet, rejection will hurt less afterwards—and gets onto the balls of his feet to press his lips onto Taehyung's. He squeezes his eyes shut because he doesn't want to see whatever negative emotion might have filled Taehyung's eyes and contoured his face, hands moving down to the front of Taehyung's shirt and the cloth. He's shaking against Taehyung and it makes him feel weak, like he's a wimp, like all the tough aura that started surrounding him almost like a barrier from ever being hurt when he became rain-lance95 just disappeared. But then there's large hands curling around his smaller ones and he doesn't feel so bad anymore.

Jimin pulls away and his feet press flat against the ground, and he waits for a few seconds before opening his eyes. He sees nothing but love in Taehyung's eyes and it makes him smile shyly. He releases Taehyung's shirt to let the younger press their palms together, threading their fingers together and Taehyung leans down to press his forehead against Jimin's. "I love you too, Jiminie."

Jimin's smile widens. "Does this mean I get my best friend back?"

"Yup," Taehyung giggles, pecking Jimin's lips lightly, "and you get a free boyfriend. Huh, what a nice deal."

Jimin rolls his eyes with a soft, quiet laugh. "And it only costed large amounts of fear, being out in the rain, being ignored for almost two months, and some tears. Nice."

"Oh, shut up, Jiminie," Taehyung pouts. Jimin grins, moving down to bury his face into Taehyung's chest. "I'm cold and tired."

Taehyun moves a hand from Jimin's to snake it around Jimin's shoulders, other hands still laced together and hanging in front of them as he leads Jimin to the couch. "C'mon, let's have a movie date."

 

xi.

 

"Soo.. I'm guessing they made up?" Hoseok questions, eyebrow raised as he watches Jimin and Taehyung play Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on Jimin's TV in the living room.

"I guess," Yoongi shrugs and sips his coffee, "about in' time, Jimin's constant whines of missing Taehyung were driving me insane."

Jeongguk tosses a glare at the older, slapping his shoulder. "He wasn't whining, hyung, he actually missed Tae-hyung. Have you ever missed someone you cared about?"

"Shut up, brat," Yoongi hisses, eyes narrowing.

"Break it up, kids," Hoseok rolls his eyes, leaning against the island in the middle of Jimin's kitchen to watch Jimin shove Taehyung for stealing his kill, or something along those lines. "Look at how happy they are."

"I'm older than you," Yoongi mumbles quietly, taking another sip of his coffee with a pout, but looks over at Taehyung and Jimin anyways. He stares silently and one side of his mouth tilts up in a small smile when Jimin drops the controller to bombard Taehyung with slaps to his shoulder and Taehyung simply smiles widely, laughing loudly. "Yeah.. I guess it is nice."

"What?" Jeongguk gasps, giving Yoongi a bewildered look. "Did you just say something nice? And smile?"

Yoongi glares at Jeongguk. "No."

"Hoseokie-hyung, help me!" Taehyung squeals. "Jiminie's being mean!"

"No, hyung!" Jimin shouts as he continues to smack and tickle his boyfriend. "Don't help the traitor!"

Hoseok raises an eyebrow and Jeongguk giggles. "You're being summoned, hyung."

"You," Hoseok taps Jeongguk's nose with a small smile before kissing his cheek, "stay quiet."

Jeongguk smiles innocently and Yoongi rolls his eyes with a small gag, downing the rest of his coffee and moving to throw the paper cup away. Hoseok grins, tossing a wink at Yoongi and it only makes the carrot top roll his eyes again, before moving over to Jimin still attacking Taehyung. He creeps up quietly before sticking his long, boney fingers into Jimin's underarms and wiggling. Jimin releases a high-pitched shriek, quickly spinning around and falling off the couch. "!"

Hoseok smiles widely, giggling and leaning down to help Jimin onto his feet. Jimin rubs his lower back and pouts. "Hyung!"

"Sorry, babe," Hoseok shrugs, walking back over to his boyfriends in the kitchen and tossing an arm around Jeongguk's shoulders.

"You all are evil," Jimin pouts, sitting back down beside Taehyung and he leans away from the puckered lips going for his cheek with a disgusted expression. "Especially you, Viper."

"Aww, what happened to Tae?" Taehyung pouts, leaning against Jimin's shoulder dramatically, chin propped on his hands curled around Jimin's shoulder. "I like you calling me Tae more than Viper."

"I'm mad at you, therefore I'm calling you Viper." Jimin mumbles, gripping the controller and staring at the screen as the match starts. "Now get your controller, match is starting."

 

xii.

 

"Oh, that wasn't fair!"

"Says the ."

"Just you wait until I come over to your house later, Jiminie, I'm going to make you scream my name."

Jimin blushes.

"T-Tae! No-Not in the lobby wh-where everyone can hear you!"

 

 

a.n: afterglow headsets bc they are my dream headsets lmao