you're soft and calming like cool lakes against heated skin, gentle like the muted blues of its water

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

>> vmin // whole lots of fluff but kinda muted, calm, realistic/natural fluff? // 4324w // trigger: brief mentions of abusive past // a.n: HEY!! i'm back and wow i okay um first off i'm SO SO SO super sorry for being gone for so long and maybe worrying some of you or just keeping you from my fics or whatever you use me for in your (semi)daily life, whatever the case i apoloize. i wouldn't say i'm still healing from the thing with my dad, but since that panic attack was super bad it was basically a breakdown and complete mental breakdown and my entire personality changed?? so i just. period don't like talking much anymore idk but yeah i kept forgetting there are people online that don't know me irl and don't know if i'm alive, but since i knew i was i was like "yeah they probably know right?" and just kept pushing it off bc i'm an BUT i'm going to try not to just. disappear like that again and i'm not going to ramble much so here's the fic : )

also chapter image is taehyung's wings + tattoos i doodled for reference!!

 

 

jimin leans back against the soft grass, standing out against the bright green with his tans, whites and browns. his hair fans out around his head on the grass, looking like a soft brown halo above his head. a small smile tugs his lips, a nice red, up, his eyes staring up at the light blue sky. the sun shines a bright yellow, reflecting off taehyung's shiny wings, gold bleeding into the blended blues, greens, reds and purples of the feathers. it's too bright to look at so jimin raises a hand to cast a shadow over his face, eyes continuing to chase after taehyung's figure high in the sky and moving around gracefully as if doing a dance he's practiced thousands of times.

 

jimin holds his gentle smile, looking every bit of a painting that the artist had only happiness in mind as humanly possible. taehyung is too high for them to make eye contact, but he knows taehyung is looking at him when he can make out taehyung's fringe hanging off his face and casting shadows across his beautifully sculpted face. so he simply smiled wider, eyes getting thinner until it's hard to make out the whites of his eyes, the kohl lining his eyes making it even more difficult.

 

jimin moves his hand up a little, the golden glow of the sunlight washing over just below his nose, his lips going from lovely rose red to bright pink with light gold in the middle of his bottom lip. a little giggle bubbles over his lips, painting his mouth a happy, gentle blue when he sees taehyung fly up a little higher before flipping around to dive down head first, wings folding against his back.

 

taehyung flips his body around so his feet are towards the ground again once he's close, extending his wings out to slow himself until his feet are against the soft grass. he gives jimin a soft smile, the same small and close-lipped smile that makes his eyes hide behind crescents that he gives when he's standing behind his father staring out at the crowd of their people (jimin shouldn't feel so special when he receives the smile, thousands of people get it every day, but it's so warm and loving that it's almost overwhelming to be one person receiving it when they're alone).

 

taehyung's beautiful, large wings fold against his back and bleed through the white silks hanging off his skinny body to press against his golden skin underneath, pressing and pressing until they meld with his skin. the silks covering taehyung from his neck down cover it, but his wings turn into large tattoos once completely melted into his skin. the tip where the bone bends curls around taehyung's shoulders, stopping just a little below his pectorals, the longer feathers over-lapping a little lower down his back towards his . they mostly cover his lower back and sides, curling around his hips to cover a large area of the front of his thighs before ending in a little curl around into his inner thighs.

 

the beautiful colours of the wings turn a little more flat and they don't shine gold like polished metal (they still shine gold when hit with light, but much more flat instead of making each feather look like a blade). jimin thought they were gorgeous either way.

 

jimin moves his hand away so his arm lays across the grass, holding his smile as he watches taehyung walk closer to him. “you shouldn't,” he says as taehyung kneels into the grass before turning to lay on his back beside jimin, neck resting on jimin's bicep. “your highness, you'll stain your silks.”

 

taehyung's smile widens, turning a little to look up at jimin. “do you enjoy calling me your highness, or does it amuse you to have me constantly tell you to call me by my name when we're alone?”

 

“little bit of both.” another giggle bubbles over jimin's pretty pink lips, curled up into a smile still. “but your father will kill me if we come back with your freshly washed clothes stained green.”

 

“you're wearing white and laying on the ground.” taehyung's lips drag down to form a pout instead, poking lightly at the space between jimin's ribs.

 

“i'm not a prince or a god. you're both.” jimin rolls his eyes, arm bending at the elbow to pick up strands of taehyung's brown hair between the pads of his index finger and thumb. he watches the thin strands fall from his fingers one at a time, falling perfectly back into place against taehyung's forehead.

 

taehyung blinks, eyelashes fluttering against his cheeks (they're the darkest jimin has ever seen, the kohl lining his eyes making them look as dark as the night and making it just that much easier to get lost in his eyes). “would you prefer i lay on you instead?”

 

jimin blinks a few times in surprise, eyes widening and pink blooming on his cheeks, dripping down his neck. “t-taehyung, i'm certain that would be uncomfortable. you are much larger than i am, you would blanket my entire form and still stain your silks.”

 

taehyung rolls his eyes, gaze dropping to jimin's chest slowly moving up and down when they come back around. “you're soft and hard in all the right places, jiminie, it's not uncomfortable to lay on you. you're just too hard on yourself.”

 

jimin frowns, turning his head to look back up at the blue sky. taehyung feels the warmth of jimin's gaze disappear, eyes dragging up from his finger drawing circles over jimin's ribs to jimin's face. taehyung gives himself a few seconds to burn the image of jimin's profile washed over with the golden light of the sun into his mind before moving his hand up to poke at the apple of jimin's cheek. “jiminie.”

 

“hm?”

 

“i'm going to kick you in the later if you keep making those little distasteful comments about yourself.” taehyung's lips drag into a pout again, knowing jimin has a weak spot for his cute begging expressions and voices (he can tell he's already won by the way jimin's lip twitches). “in front of all of ejul. in front of all of the people. i'm going to call you up to my side then kick you right in the . you'll be embarrassed for years.”

 

jimin simply rolls his eyes again, pinching the fat of taehyung's cheek between his fingers and tugging. “you're a brat for a god.” jimin looks back at taehyung, frown on his lips, but eyes warm. “a stupid brat.”

 

“a brat,” taehyung says with a nod, pushing himself up onto his hands so he has to stare down at jimin. “but a brat you're head over heels for.” the corner of his lips drags up into a little playful smirk.

 

he chuckles as jimin's cheeks turn pink again, lifting the arm previously taehyung's pillow to shove at his bicep. jimin turns his head into his other hand, chewing on his bottom lip.

 

taehyung smiles and leans down to brush the tip of his nose against jimin's cheek, smile widening when jimin exposes one eye to glance at him. he presses a kiss to the second knuckle of jimin's thumb, leaning back with a giggle when jimin's pink glow burns scarlet.

 

“you're unbelievable.” jimin huffs, sitting up as well and leaning back on his palms. wind goes by, only strong enough to pick up loose strands of hair on taehyung's and jimin's head, pushing lightly at bunched up pieces of cloth on their bodies that flutters with the wind.

 

jimin watches as some of the silks around taehyung's collarbone lifts away from his body, exposing a bit of green and blue. taehyung's too busy watching the cotton trails in the sky move slowly across the sea of blue to notice jimin staring, but he drops his gaze to him when he feels their knees brush when jimin moves closer.

 

neither of them speak, just taehyung watching jimin (taehyung will never get tired of watching humans, always so interested in how their brains works and their behavior, but jimin's his favourite to watch) and jimin running his eyes over taehyung's figure. he reaches out slowly, dipping his fingers into the silk around taehyung's neck to brush the pads over the green and blue of his left wing on his collarbone. he traces the darker colours separating each feather from each other in its flat form, unable to have the light of the moon or sun bleed over its shapes.

 

taehyung's gaze turns soft and he tilts his head to the side, skin stretching from the strain and exposing more of his wings. jimin's eyes follow his fingers draw over the patterns before lifting to meet taehyung's gaze. “what's it like to fly?”

 

jimin's voice is so quiet, so raw like he dropped all of the walls he crafted over the years to keep from getting hurt that taehyung's chest tightens a little. taehyung's lips tilt up. “i've let you fly with me before.”

 

“but you were holding me; you're the one with the wings.” jimin replies, voice even more quiet and he drops his hand from taehyung's neck to tilt his head back. he watches the clouds, draws over the texture of them in his head for paintings later. he exhales lightly, dreamily (taehyung almost thinks he's lost in another world; a world he much prefers over this one and he's almost too scared to touch him, to bring him back to this one). jimin stays quiet for just a bit longer before speaking again. “what's it like to be able to go up there whenever you want? to decide everything is too much and leave everything behind, just for a little while? to forget about everything wrong with the world and go to the clouds, dance around in them and pretend that's your reality?”

 

taehyung stares at jimin, thinking of what he should say in response. he could say it's wonderful and it's one of his favourite things, but then jimin could look even more sad because he's human and humans can't grow wings and fly, and taehyung doesn't like it when jimin is sad. he could also say it's nothing special and it's just a pass time, but that could disappoint jimin and he would be blue for the rest of the day, which would upset taehyung and taehyung needs to look happy for when he goes up to the throne with his father so he doesn't worry his people or his father (he doesn't want to make it seem like everything is about him, though some people would argue it is considering his status as prince of ejul and son of sana, the goddess of life (though mostly plant-life and nature), and exeed, the god of light (mostly connected to the sun and new beginnings, like a creator), but jimin's emotions mean just a little more to him than his people's and his end up reflecting jimin's, and people will worry and he can't exactly afford that).

 

“i'm not sure,” he decides. “i was born with wings, so i've always been able to fly. when you're capable of doing something, especially something you've been able to do your whole life, you don't really know how to explain it, right? it's just.. something you can do. it's not special or amazing to you, because you know you're capable of it. you know some people wish they could do it, but sometimes it's a little hard to understand why because you can do it.”

 

jimin tilts his head against his shoulder to look at taehyung. his eyes search taehyung's, smiling a little when he sees he's being genuine. taehyung catches jimin's smile, his own spreading across his face because jimin isn't sad or disappointed. “like you; you're an artist with amazing talent, so a quick sketch to you could be a full blown drawing that took hours to someone else. you could take fifteen minutes on something that you could shrug over when showing it to people, that would take someone else a few hours or they aren't capable of doing that yet.”

 

jimin can't help but blush a little, tilting his head down to look at his lap. he knows taehyung was complimenting him with every word, and jimin doesn't respond well to compliments; he doesn't know how to process them and respond properly.

 

taehyung's smile widens until his lips are that rectangular shape that people find endearing, leaning over to smack a kiss to jimin's cheek. “you're cute when you blush.”

 

“you've said that a million times,” jimin mumbles quietly, his blush darkening to a brighter, more red-pink, his fingers twisting into the cloth of his shirt.

 

taehyung giggles, deep and heart warming, shoving at jimin's bicep lightly. “because you're cute when you blush. red is your colour, i'm telling you.”

 

“i can't wear reds,” jimin sticks his tongue out at taehyung, face scrunching up like an upset child. “partners of royalty wear the colours their partners wear.”

 

“i'll talk to my father about having you wear more reds then.” taehyung says confidently, another large and rectangular smile spreading his lips, but much more smug and confident than before. “father can never say no to me. if father says no, i'll talk to mother. mother adores me and everyone adores mother.”

 

jimin frowns, voice quieting down to a whisper. “mrs. sana is usually out of the country on business.” his voice gets quieter as he speaks, not wanting to to upset taehyung.

 

he deflates a little in relief when taehyung simply smiles wider. “i'll ask her when she gets back. or send out a koa bird to ask her.”

 

“you're taking this 'jimin in more red' thing too seriously.” jimin giggles quietly, light like a wind chime. “i'll wear more red for you eventually, taehyungie.”

 

taehyung grins and throws his arm over jimin's shoulders, pulling him into his chest. “you should.” he giggles, kissing jimin's cheek. “i'd love to see you in more red. it'd be like you doing something for me the entire time you're wearing it.”

 

jimin scoffs and rolls his eyes, but there's a smile on his lips anyway. “oh yeah? what would i get for doing something for you hours on end?”

 

taehyung's grin falls and he stares at jimin, blinking slowly. jimin watches how his eyelashes stand out against his tan cheeks. he also begins to worry he might have said something wrong the longer taehyung stays quiet, but taehyung is only blank for fifteen seconds before speaking quietly and uncertainly. “my love..?”

 

jimin blinks a few times himself (his lashes don't stand out against his cheeks as much; they aren't as dark) before a smile tugs his lips up and he uses his shoulder to hit taehyung's chest. “i already get your love, silly.”

 

“more of my love?” taehyung hums. “look at who my parents are; they have so much love. i also have a lot of love. i could draw back some of the love i give to the people to spend on you?”

 

it's almost funny how jimin's cheeks and neck burn red within a few seconds, raising his hands to cover his mouth as he looks at taehyung in surprise. “a-are you insane?” he squeaks, pretty voice muffled by his thick fingers. “i-i'm not important or worthy enough for you to care less about your people just to care more about me.”

 

taehyung frowns at jimin, the one where he tilts his head down so the ends of his bangs bend a little from the pressure of his long lashes holding them up, his waterline curving even more and the whites of his eyes standing out against the black kohl lining his eyes and his dark eyes, his bottom lip poking out a little in the tiniest of pouts. he stares at jimin, trying to decide if he should argue jimin is very important and very worthy of every bit of taehyung's love, or completely ignore it to answer jimin's earlier question.

 

after serious thinking in the time span of fifteen seconds (genuinely serious thinking about serious topics in a time crunch; a little skill he's gained from being a prince and having meetings and all the open speaking), he decides on the latter and to spoil jimin with lots of kisses later.

 

taehyung leans forward until jimin's back is against the grass with taehyung hovering over him on his hands and knees. he raises an eyebrow, head cocking to the side. “well, would you prefer i do something more... intimate?”

 

he grins widely when jimin's blush burns impossibly brighter, disappearing into the collar of his shirt, mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.

 

“i-i, i,” a pause to inhale deeply, almost sounding like a painful gasp, “i d-don't–i don't know ah-about that, your highness.” he stutters, voice cracking several times, slipping into his nervous habit of using only official titles and formal speech.

 

taehyung laughs softly, leaning down to kiss jimin's nose and rolling off of him to sit on his . “don't worry, jiminie, i won't do anything you're not comfortable with,” he looks down at jimin with a blinding smile, a little giggle bubbling up at the sight of jimin staring at him with wide eyes and furrowed eyebrows. he reaches down to poke at jimin's stomach as his lips draw a pout, deciding to tease the boy a little more. “it has been quite a while since the last time we made love, though.”

 

jimin places his hands over his face, the poor boy's face almost completely red and a little lightheaded from the rush. “i-i'm sorry, your highness. i– i'm just...” he trails off of trying to explain himself, simply whining loudly behind his hands.

 

taehyung laughs, head tilting back a little and rubbing smooth circles into jimin's abdomen. “it's okay, jiminie, i don't mind. i'm willing to wait however long you want for quite everything, my love.”

 

jimin's fingers spread so he can stare down at taehyung, only to be met with a warm smile. he smiles behind his hands, slowly moving them away from his face. taehyung's own smile widens, watching as jimin slowly sits up. jimin giggles, a little nervously, raising a hand to cup his cheek. taehyung holds his smile, staring at jimin warmly as he giggles one more time before leaning closer to him. taehyung waits until he sees jimin close his eyes to close his own, small and close-lipped smile still on his face. he chuckles a little behind his closed lips when he feels jimin's brush against his before pulling away with a quiet whine then pressing together properly, smile widening just a tad when jimin tilts his head.

 

jimin presses a little closer to taehyung, their thighs brushing together and fingers over-lapping each other on the grass. taehyung's bottom lip slips between jimin's, their lips moving a little slow against each other, but that's okay. taehyung has always been okay with jimin's preference to light touches and brief kisses; he's always been okay with how jimin's never quite prepared for full-blown make out sessions and , needing to be peppered with kisses and smiles before hand; he's always been okay with how just raising his voice a little or towering over him or raising a hand above his head (never to hit him; taehyung would never, ever hit jimin), jimin bursts into tears and curls in on himself, too traumatized by his father to ever really be okay with those things; he's always been okay with having to figure out the places jimin liked massages and rubs, the places and words that made jimin melt against him until he's pretty pastel pinks and calm blues, body unwound in relaxation, because jimin didn't know himself.

 

taehyung's surprised with how long jimin holds the kiss, leaning into him and humming deep in his throat to let jimin know he's okay and he appreciates what he's doing.

 

he feels jimin buzz with excitement, like a kid that got praised for an action, happily slipping his arms around taehyung's neck and tilting his head a little more. taehyung chuckles quietly, hands falling to jimin's hips. he hums again to show his appreciation for jimin's actions, going higher near the end (taehyung's had to learn the signs and facial expressions, and expressions, and words, and noises that made jimin feel good about himself, that made jimin feel like he was doing something right).

 

“am i interrupting something?” a calm voice cuts through the calm silence that had settled over them, and taehyung jumps a little at jimin's high screech of absolute terror at being caught doing something so.. intimate as he pulls away from taehyung to hide behind him.

 

taehyung blinks a few times in surprise, feeling jimin press up against his body and shake a little. he soon pouts, looking up at the new person; their outfit is similar cloths and colours to theirs, but different styles and layers and gems to show they are a bodyguard of the prince. “jeongguk,” he whines, “why?”

 

“because your father demands for your appearance right now because you are exactly two minutes and thirty seconds late for the public speaking.” jeongguk responds, voice like a robot and face blank. he raises an eyebrow slightly. “you two can make out later.”

 

jimin whines louder, the noise dragging out and turning into a sob near the end. taehyung's pout deepens, crossing his arms. “we weren't making out, jiminie was getting more confident with himself and trying out being the one that kisses first.”

 

jeongguk's gaze softens just a little (as someone that's close to the couple, he's aware of jimin's past and how fragile he is). “well, i'm glad you seem to be making jimin more comfortable and slowly walking him out of his shell, but you really are late and both of you need to be there now.”

 

taehyung sighs, standing up and turning around to extend a hand out to jimin. jimin stares up at taehyung, cheeks pink and eyes wet. taehyung simply smiles, waiting until jimin grabs his hand to gently tug him up to his feet and wraps his other arm around jimin's waist. he leans down to kiss both of jimin's eyelids carefully before kissing his nose then his lips, just lightly. “you needn't be so worried, my love, for it is only jeongguk. and jeongguk can't harm anybody.”

 

he grins widely at the angered clear of his throat jeongguk does behind him, dark eyes narrowed into a glare directed at the back of taehyung's head. “excuse me, your highness, but i am your bodyguard, i am very capable of hurting–“

 

“jeongguk can't harm you.” taehyung corrects himself, not in the mood for jeongguk's lectures of how he's perfectly capable of hurting any person that he must in any form of way considering how skilled he is.

 

jimin stares up at taehyung, a little smile forming on his lips. he blinks away his tears and looks down at their feet, sniffing. “formal talk doesn't suit you, taehyungie.”

 

taehyung's grin simply widens and he smacks another kiss against jimin's red cheek, laughing. “i think formal speech suits me just fine,” he releases jimin to twirl dramatically, the layers of silk hanging off his body fanning out around him, almost like a dress. he faces the sun, back arched and chest pointed at the sky, hand over his heart. “it makes me seem high-class, mysterious, and.. charming, does it not?” he looks at jimin with a cheesy grin.

 

jimin giggles cutely, looking at his feet again and twirling his fingers around pieces of silk hanging down in threads. “i suppose it does, your highness.”

 

taehyung laughs proudly, a booming “ha, ha!”, extending his hand out towards the sky before swooping it around to extend towards jimin, a warm smile and gentle look in his eyes on his face again. “care to take my hand and let me guide you towards our future together?”

 

jeongguk rolls his eyes and swallows to avoid himself from gagging, resisting the urge to slam a hand against his face and drag taehyung to the public speaking by the back of his millions of layers of silks. jimin giggles again and takes taehyung's hand, his much smaller and thicker than taehyung's huge and bony ones. “of course i will. it's just a public speaking though, you wheel of cheese.”

 

“ah, but it's part of our future because we aren't there yet, and we'll be together.” taehyung grins proudly, tugging jimin closer and placing his other hand on his hip. “and i'd be the best kind of cheese.”

 

“you'd be the stinky kind of cheese only certain people would love, now can we go?” jeongguk says from behind them, a little annoyed at taehyung's tendency to push off his duties when he's with jimin (he gets it, time flies when you're with your special one and all that, but his father is going to go on and on and on about how taehyung was late and jeongguk should have convinced him to get there sooner, and jimin is usually the one that's strict about being on time, what happened to that?)

 

taehyung pouts and looks over his shoulder at jeongguk. “rude.” he spits, looking back at jimin.

 

jimin grins a little, patting taehyung's forearm lightly. “i don't exactly disagree with ggukie, though.”

 

taehyung gasps deeply; he's offended jimin is siding with jeongguk, but he's even more offended at the grin he absolutely knows is on jeongguk's dumb face right now. “you are a traitor to this country.”

 

“a traitor you love.” jimin giggles, leaning up to press a light, petal-soft kiss to taehyung's lips.

 

taehyung instantly melts.

 

“that i do.”

 

a.n:

kinda kinda gods of egypt inspired because i had went to see the movie a few days before i wrote this, but like only the wings and the god+prince thing lmao