i can paint my own world (my only limit; my mind)

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

   title, i  c a n  p a i n t  m y  o w n  w o r l d  (m y  o n l y  l i m i t  ;  m y  m i n d)

>> vmin. fluff. caps. 1.2k. a/n: i was on zach king's vine profile and i saw the one where he dropped his phone into his watercolor painting and next thing i know im writing this

 

 

 

It's finally finished. After two weeks of sleepless, coffee-filled nights, it's finally finished. Taehyung's eyes are wide, stepping back to look the large canvas over a few times before slumping with a deep sigh. Taehyung places down his brush on the little table beside him and rolls his sleeves a little higher on his arms, grabbing the canvas carefully by the dry edges and lifting it off the stand. He walks slowly over to the thick sheet he has laid out in the corner and squats down to gently place the canvas down by the few others he hadn't had time to move after they had dried. He stands up and straightens with a stretch, a deep groan leaving his throat and a few pops coming from some joints.

Taehyung stares down at the finished piece, a smile painting his lips and pulls out his phone. He hesitates before deciding nothing will go wrong this time, and he'll take a better picture later, he puts it on camera mode and hovers over the damp painting slightly. His thumb moves to hover over the camera icon when he readjusts his fingers on the phone and he watches the said phone slip from his grip, falling all the way down to the painting and dipping into the cheek of the person he had painted. Taehyung eyes widen and he blinks a few times before he groans. "!"

Taehyung growls quietly, raising a hand to lightly slam the heel of his hand into the side of his head a few times. "Stupid, stupid, stupid."

Sighing, the lilac haired boy turns on his heels and hesitantly walks over to the painting of a red haired beautiful boy framed and hung up on the wall. "J-Jimin," he stutters, biting his lip and staring at the ground.

The boy's eyes move from where Taehyung had painted (off to the right-top corner of the canvas) to the painter, and his smile never leaves. "Yes, TaeTae?"

Taehyung raises a hand and rubs the back of his neck, stepping out of Jimin's view to the new painting he placed down and pointing at it. "I.. dropped my phone."

"Again?" Jimin says between a giggle, head tilting to the side and the flower petal on his head falling from between the strands of his crimson hair to the ground by his feet.

"Again." Taehyung mutters, cheeks gaining a ruby hue.

Jimin only giggles again and Taehyung's blush darkens. The painted boy turns to the side and leaves his painting to travel along the path of printer paper Taehyung had taped to the wall for whenever Jimin wanted to leave his canvas (or help him get back an item he drops into his watercolor paintings). Taehyung looks up and watches him walk along the crooked path, smile never leaving his plump lips Taehyung painted a pretty pink, until he disappears into the paintings laid on the floor. Taehyung only has to wait a few seconds before Jimin appears in his vision again, skipping along the paper path before he's standing back in his own canvas.

Taehyung smiles sheepishly, reaching out to grab the phone from Jimin's fingers when he reaches out of his canvas to hand it to him. Taehyung lets his fingers brush against the underside of Jimin's then straightening them to his palm and Jimin's smile turns a bit sad. Jimin lets Taehyung caress his hand and play with his fingers, but when the very tips of his fingers start to drip onto the floor, he quickly retracts his hand and looks at the now slightly flattened tips.

Taehyung frowns, biting his lip and placing his phone into his pocket. He scurries over to grab a plate, squirting some water onto it and scraping some watercolor paint dust onto it (normally he wouldn't do this, but there isn't must missing from Jimin's fingers, so he'll push down the urge to cringe), then picks up a brush and moves back to Jimin. "Hold out your hand."

Jimin slowly raises his hand and Taehyung mixes the dust and water together, raising the brush and carefully rounding out the tips of Jimin's fingers. It only takes a little over half a minute, lowering the brush and plate with a small smile. Jimin returns it, dropping his hand to his side. "Thank you."

"No problem." Taehyung shrugs, moving over to his work space to place the plate and brush down, quickly moving back over to Jimin. The red haired boy smiles slightly at Taehyung.

"I wish I could hold you in my arms without worrying about fading out of existence, or you turning into a puddle of water within five minutes." Taehyung mutters, index finger running along the frame of Jimin's canvas.

Jimin's eyes fall from Taehyung's face to the white ground of his world, smile fading slightly. "Me too.."

Taehyung looks up at Jimin and sighs upon realizing he just made him sad. "But I can deal with how things are." He smiles brightly at Jimin, boxy and all teeth.

Jimin looks back at Taehyung and giggles quietly. Taehyung's smile widens at this. "I mean, it's not half bad looking over and staring at you on my wall. This may seem like I'm bragging, but you're gorgeous."

The faint pink on Jimin's cheeks blended into the caramel colour of his skin Taehyung added would have darkened at the praise if Jimin had the ability, looking away shyly. Taehyung chuckles quietly, grabbing the sides of the frame and leaning forward to let his head dip into the canvas. Jimin leans back slightly, biting his lip in embarrassment. Taehyung only smiles. "Kiss me."

Jimin blinks a few times before giggling, his small hands cupping Taehyung's cheeks and he leans down to press his lips to Taehyung's. Jimin smells like water and dry watercolor, but Taehyung thinks that Jimin makes it work (not that he minded the combination anyways, as a painter that mainly uses watercolor). Jimin pulls away some times before diving back in for another kiss, and only stops when he notices Taehyung's beautiful tan skin begin to pale. He frowns, shoving Taehyung's shoulders to get the boy back into his own world and Taehyung shivers at feeling colour and life drain back into his face.

"What do you think of my new painting?" Taehyung asks before Jimin decides to blame himself for Taehyung almost disappearing.

Jimin blinks in surprise, looking at Taehyung and he waits a few seconds before smiling. "Beautiful; a masterpiece, as always, TaeTae. Everything felt perfect when I went in it; made me feel warm and fuzzy."

Taehyung's cheeks tint pink, giggling and bringing his hands up to his face to hide his embarrassed smile. Jimin's smile widens, watching Taehyung bend side to side at the waist and giggle to himself shyly before spreading his fingers to look at Jimin. "Th-Thank you, Jiminie."

Jimin giggles lightly. "You're welcome, TaeTae."

Taehyung bites his bottom lip behind his hands before sliding them off his face. "I love you."

"Love you too." Jimin replies after a few seconds of surprise (he's always scared Taehyung won't love him one day; will fall in love with a human, someone he can hold and kiss and caress all he wants and no one will disappear, but Taehyung continues to tell him he loves him anyways).

"Really, I do," Taehyung smiles lovingly, "it's unhealthy, Yoongi-hyung thinks I need therapy, Namjoon-hyung is actually trying to get me therapy, it's strange, but I really do love you, Jiminie."

"I really love you too." Jimin giggles quietly, raising a hand to brush his fringe out of his eyes.

Taehyung's smile widens a the replies and he turns around to paint another beautiful piece of art (but nothing he creates will ever be as beautiful as Jimin is).