nice car (can i ride it)

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

   title, n i c e  c a r  (c a n  i  r i d e  i t)

>> vmin / fluff / cap / tw: light mentions | mild cussing / 3.8w / a.n: the title is corny and erted and stupid lmao but this is a fast and furious tokyo drift inspired vmin c': i hope you enjoy!

 

 

 

The parking garage is packed with cars of all types and colours, males in expensive leather jackets and tight jeans and tank tops or sweats and chains hovering around their vehicles to show this baby’s mine, girls in short skirts and low-collared crop tops or mid-thigh ruffled skirts with stockings and tight shirts with no bra and make up caked onto their face, large speakers strewn about on all levels to blast music. This is where people all around the city come to show off their cars, the top of the line engines and fully customized paint jobs and parts, and compare the vehicles, compare everything down to the tires, and race. People can leave with crushed egos and nothing, but their cars that’ll need touch ups and new parts, or people can leave with egos higher than the sky and girls with clothes so small, it’s practically glorified underwear on their arms.

Girls are fawning over every racer there (including the female ones) and the cars, pressing against them and sitting on them just to make the vehicle just that more impressive, but there’s one car in particular where the girls are more pressed on the hood and the owner more than anything. The car is sleek and black; it looks like a simple car off the street, but no one dares to say it out loud. Not unless they want to be challenged, and if they turn it down out of fear, everyone hollers and boos and calls them pathetic and other colourful words, and if they take it, they’re humiliated by receiving one of the worst loses you can get out of the whole lineup there.

Kim Taehyung is truly terrifying on the road; fast, swift, cocky.

He’s lazy with switching gears because he knows he’s the best around. He wears his Drift King label like a badge of honour because, truly, it is. Taehyung is the best drifter any one’s ever seen. He slid into Seoul as the loner from Daegu, and challenged any one willing to take him on, and beat them all. Everyone in the garage and any one with pride challenged Taehyung, and lost. It only took Taehyung a week (he could’ve done it in a day or two, but so many people challenged him) to steal the title of Drift King. But he’s not only good at drifting, oh no, he has participated in every street race that took place since his swift arrival, winning them all with no problem.

Taehyung, so far, has been top notch at every style any one has challenged him in. And it makes him both terrifying and endearing. People are scared to approach him, but girls at these places throw themselves at him and guys try to act friendly with him. Taehyung simply smirks and lets them do what they want; none of them come home with him. Taehyung only hangs around two people: the old Drift King, Min Yoongi. Min Yoongi was, still is, a drifting legend. Another kid from Daegu that appeared out of no where in Seoul and challenged anyone and everyone, winning every one. Until Taehyung came along and kicked him right out of his place.

They’re the best of friends now. It was surprising, usually old Drift Kings leave in shame, but Yoongi stuck around because Taehyung was interesting. They were almost completely different though; Yoongi brought girls home every time he showed up, girls slid up to him and kissed him, whispering “last night was fun” left and right, but Taehyung never brought girls home, and girls only slid up to him in hopes being taken home and getting a star by their name to be a favorite, but it never happens. Some girls call Yoongi ‘sugar daddy’, just because his license plate has 'SUGADADY’ on it because some guy named Namjoon years ago dared him to and he never changed it; too lazy, too busy racing (honestly, he’s not that rich and he cringed in the beginning, but he’s used to it now). People call Taehyung 'V’ because that’s all that’s on his license plate.

And Jeon Jeongguk. Jeon Jeongguk is a rich kid from Busan that beat every racer there, so he moved to Seoul for more action. His cars change every time he shows up just because he has enough money to buy a new car and completely customize every time (Yoongi jokes on him and calls him a rich , but Jeongguk simply chuckles and shrugs, making a comeback along the lines of, “well, my bank is bigger than your , so I ain’t mad”). He stuck around because Taehyung was the first to beat him. He didn’t get mad, he didn’t throw a fit, he didn’t speed off, he simply gave Taehyung a firm hand shake with a smirk and a deep: “Nice job, kid.”

“Kid,” Yoongi mutters, right arm around a girl in pink and sparkles, left hand resting on the hood of his soul and passion. “You hear about that new kid?”

Taehyung his head to the side, a girl on either side of him, one in a tight black lacy dress and the other with a short skirt threatening to ride up and show bare cheeks and a white sports bra. “What new kid?”

Yoongi shrugs. “Don’t know his name, but word is he’s from Busan and good. He’s traveled around and beaten the best all around Korea. Some said he’s beaten people all around Asia and he’s swimming in money, but no one’s sure because his news just reached us.”

Taehyung raises an eyebrow and he makes a faintly interested expression. Jeongguk moves through the crowd and smiles at the girls on Taehyung’s arms. They bat their eyelashes, giggle and walk off. Jeongguk leans against Taehyung’s hood beside the wheat blonde. “Kid’s really good, Tae.”

Taehyung shrugs, small smirk on his lips as he crosses his arms over his chest. “Probably not good enough to beat me, Kook.”

Jeongguk air through his teeth, shoulders raising. “Not so sure, man. Dude’s really in’ good. One of the girls over there,” he raises a hand and points at her, tossing her a smile and a wink when she looks up before looking back at Taehyung, “showed me a video of him racing. It was low quality and his windows are seriously tinted, but he was good. He looks like he’ll be a challenge.”

Taehyung glances at Jeongguk, then at Yoongi. The pink haired male makes a face, shrugging. “Who knows, Tae. Might be legit, might be a spoiled that hired someone to teach him.”

Taehyung raises an eyebrow, staring at Yoongi in thought when Yoongi’s feline eyes dart to the crowd quickly pushing to the side lines where the vehicles are. Taehyung almost shivers at the engine that roars, head slowly moving and raising an eyebrow at the sleek, silver American muscle that drives up. Taehyung stares at the car. This person is new, he would’ve remembered such a beauty that purrs so well. The vehicle slows and drives right passed the three to an empty spot. Everyone’s staring, everyone’s curious, but they still mingle amongst themselves and talk about their vehicles.

Yoongi, Taehyung, and Jeongguk are staring straight at the new car though, watching as it’s parked and the driver waits a few seconds before opening their door to step out. They can’t see much because they’re five cars down and their lower body is blocked, but what they can see surprises them. Golden tan skin, small and entrancing eyes, brown hair with his fringe split down the middle and winged to each side, plump lips curled into a smug smirk, black tank top hugging his chest. Taehyung’s mouth almost falls open at the sight of this handsome stranger and Yoongi catches it.

“Wow,” he gasps sarcastically, but the surprise is genuine, “someone caught your eye for once?”

Taehyung tosses a glare at the smirking pink haired male before darting back to the handsome stranger, freezing. The other’s eyes lock with his immediately, not even bothering to glance at the girls that flock over his car and his built, thick arms. He dismisses himself from the ladies before making a bee line straight for the three, eyes locked with Taehyung’s and smirk still on his lips (Taehyung is trying not to think about how it’s kind of hot; he’s kind of hot). He walks slowly, teasingly and cocky. It takes a half a minute, maybe longer, for him to reach the three.

His eyes finally leave Taehyung’s to connect with Jeongguk’s. The black haired male gasps deeply, throwing his arms around the stranger. “Holy , Jimin!”

Taehyung and Yoongi blink. The stranger—Jimin—chuckles, patting Jeongguk’s back. Jeongguk pulls away and looks Jimin over, eyebrows shooting up. “When did you become hot?”

Jimin laughs, head tilting back and Taehyung is surprised by how nice it sounds. “I wouldn’t call myself hot, Gguk, but I’ve been working out.”

Jimin glances at Taehyung, eyes lingering before he looks back at Jeongguk. The young driver’s lips smack like he doesn’t know how to speak for a few seconds. “What the hell are you doing here, Jimin?”

Jimin chuckles, light, but rough. “I’m sure you’ve heard of me. Either the version where I’m a simple fella that’s beaten people in Korea, or the version where I’m filthy rich and beaten people all around Asia.”

“That’s you?” Jeongguk squeaks, eyes wide.

Jimin laughs again. “Yeah.”

Jeongguk blinks a few times, lips parting then pressing together and blinking again. “What happened to the chubby faced nerd that wore glasses and hung out in the library all the time?”

Jimin shrugs, smirk widening and twitching an eyebrow. “Racing happened.”

“Mm,” Jeongguk hums before turning to Taehyung, “so, let me introduce you guys. Jimin, this is Taehyung and Yoongi. Taehyung and Yoongi, this is Jimin. We went to middle school and high school together.”

Jimin’s eyes are on Taehyung as soon as Jeongguk turns away and Taehyung is almost shy; almost. Taehyung simply stares back, nodding to whatever the hell Jeongguk said (something about school) and eyes moving down to Jimin’s lips still stretched in an annoyingly attractive smirk. Jimin catches it and his smirk simply widens, head tilting to the side slightly. Taehyung doesn’t know what it is, but Jimin is attractive as all hell and interesting. Taehyung has seen “interesting” people and hot people before, but Jimin seems different. His aura, his walk, his gaze; different. Interesting.

“Yo, did you hear me?” Jeongguk says, waving a hand in Taehyung’s face.

Taehyugn blinks, looking away from Jimin and at Jeongguk. “Um, yeah.”

Jeongguk crosses his arms over his chest, eyes narrowing into a glare. “What’d I say?”

“You finally accepted you like both and ,” Taehyung grins playfully and Jeongguk scowls, slapping Taehyung’s shoulder. Yoongi howls with laughter, the girl on his arm giggling into his shoulder.

“ off, man,” he hisses, cheeks red from a mixture of embarrassment and anger; he’d argue it’s mostly anger.

Jimin raises an eyebrow in amusement, eyes slowly dragging over Taehyung’s body draped in wonderfully tight clothes before moving back to Taehyung’s eyes. Taehyung tries hard not to look back to his stupid smirk, simply grinning at Jeongguk. The black haired male fums, huffing. “I said, Jiminie was cool. He was dancing and singing when people weren’t around, and he’s great at it.”

Taehyung head tilts to the side and he looks back at Jimin. “Now, what’s a dancer and singer doing behind the wheel?”

Jimin shrugs. “I wanted more thrill.”

Taehyung nods, his lips slowly in thought. The corners of Jimin’s lips twitch upwards, eyes on Taehyung’s now glossy, ridiculously pink lips. Jimin bites his bottom lip, and it takes himself by surprise. Taehyung raises an eyebrow at the action. Jimin releases his lip slowly to play it off, smirk widening in a way to make it seem like he’s winking and he could play it off because his eyes are asymmetrical before lowering back to the subtle, cocky tilts of the corners. Taehyung’s eye twitches.

“So,” Yoongi clears his throat, looking between them with an amused grin. “Kook and I will be by his car.”

“A'ight,” Taehyung replies and the two shift over to Jeongguk’s car standing out in a neon red.

Taehyung and Jimin stare at each other for a few seconds before Taehyung speaks. “So, you’re the guy kicking everyone’s ?”

Jimin chuckles. “Yeah.”

Taehyung nods slowly, his bottom lip again. “You actually.. swimming in money?”

“Maybe.” Jimin shrugs. “Why?”

Taehyung also shrugs, looking Jimin over again. Tight black jeans clinging to his legs like a second skin; he can see how thick Jimin’s thighs are from how tight they are and Taehyung almost groans. From here, Taehyung notices how Jimin’s eyes are asymmetrical and his front teeth are crooked, but damn does it make Taehyung more interested.

“Mm, you’re staring a lot.” Jimin says, snapping Taehyung out of his thoughts, and he giggles innocently. “Do I have something on my face?”

Attractiveness, Taehyung wants to say, but simply shrugs. “Just starin’.”

Jimin giggles again, raising a hand to run through his fluffy hair, pushing his parted fringe back as far as it can go before it bounces back to curve over the corners of his forehead and Taehyung wonders how a simple action can be so hot. “So you’re the Drift King?”

Taehyung nods, shoulders curving as he stuffs his hands into his jean pockets and a smug smirk forming. Jimin raising an eyebrow at this, but he simply chuckles quietly. “Your title might be in trouble.”

Taehyung doesn’t know what possessed him to do such a thing, but he reaches out to grab Jimin’s hips and pulls him until their lower bodies are flush together, raising an eyebrow. Jimin doesn’t seem to mind, smirk only widening as if he’s gotten what he wanted (for all Taehyung knows, Jimin could be aiming to get into his pants). “Is it, darling?”

Jimin’s hands slowly slide up Taehyung’s arms before meeting at the back of his neck. “Yeah, it is. And I prefer babe.”

Taehyung grins, leaning a bit closer to Jimin’s face and he completely ignores the wolf whistle from Yoongi, followed by a loud “Get some!”

Jimin giggles. “Your friend is cute. I assume you don’t,” he pauses and his head tilts, glancing down where their lower bodies meet, “very much?”

“No one’s caught my interest,” Taehyung mutters, glancing down at Jimin’s lips for a split second, “and Yoongi is anything but cute.”

Jimin’s eyebrows twitch upwards, head tilting. “I think he’s cute. But you’re cuter.”

Taehyung raises an eyebrow. “I’m cute, am I?”

“Mm, very.” Jimin hums, bringing Taehyung down to press their lips together. Taehyung is surprised, but not much and he closes his eyes, pressing back. He almost grins when Yoongi hollers loudly and Jeongguk cackles, both surprised Taehyung is kissing someone, but also excited because, well, Taehyung is kissing someone. Jimin parts his lips and Taehyung’s top lip before pulling away with a smirk. “I was right.”

“Right about what?” Taehyung whispers, lips a hair away from Jimin's and with how his eyes dart down to Jimin’s lips, it’s like he wants to kiss Jimin again.

“Your lips feel great.” Jimin chuckles, pecking Taehyung’s lips and patting the back of his neck lightly.

Taehyung raises an eyebrow, a soft chuckle leaving his lips and giving Jimin’s waist a squeeze before Jimin’s eyes flash. “So, about your title being in trouble.”

Taehyung laughs, deep and unique. He grins, shaking his head. “You’re on.”

And then they’re splitting to enter their vehicles. As soon as Taehyung opens his door, people shout and whistle. It brings a smirk to his face, slipping into his car and so does Jimin. They pull out of the places they’ve parked and people push to the sidelines again, closing their hoods and wiping their hands, people pulling off of each other to watch the Drift King and the new guy pull up to the starting area marked by two pillars helping hold up the second level. When they’re right beside each other, Taehyung rolls down his window and Jimin copies.

Jimin glances at Taehyung and smiles. “Ready to get your beat by a new guy?”

Taehyung laughs again, loudly and head tilting back. “Whatever, babe.”

Jimin smirks again and Taehyung rolls his eyes, grinning and looking at the front and revving his engine, hand gripping the gearstick. Jimin chuckles, copying his movements and running his tongue along his bottom lip. A girl in exposing, cow boy-like clothing struts up and walks between the two sleek cars. Her long, curly hair bounces with her movements and she has a flirty smile on her lips painted red, looking at Jimin. The brunette revs his engine, glancing at Taehyung before rolling up his window. The lady’s dark eyes shift to Taehyung and the Drift King rolls his tires making Jimin laugh. “Aw, cute!”

Taehyung rolls his eyes, rolling his window up. The wheat blonde jerks his head forward to force his hair into his eyes slightly, smirk on his pink lips. Jeongguk slaps Yoongi’s chest with the back of his hand. “Dude, Tae’s serious with this one. Rollin’ his tires.”

Yoongi nods slowly, shifting onto his other foot and crossing his arms, leaning back against Jeongguk’s neon red car. Jimin revs his engine again and Taehyung’s smirk widens. “Cute.”

The girl watches them before raising her hand and swinging it down. “Go!”

And they speed off, vehicles speeding towards the first turn of the parking garage. Drifting is knowing how to juggle speed, accuracy, and brakes all at one, and it’s very difficult to master. But Jimin and Taehyung lazily shift gears as if racing was second nature and then press the brakes, both easily passing the turn onto the second level, neck-to-neck. Jimin watches Taehyung take a glance in his direction, but Jimin’s windows are too tinted for anyone to see inside the car and Jimin smirks. The nose of his car slides passed Taehyung’s just by a few inches and it makes Taehyung chuckle to himself. It’s not the first time someone has gotten slightly ahead, but they still always lost, so Taehyung’s not too worried.

Through out drifting and speeding and sliding through three more levels of the parking garage, Taehyung notices how good Jimin really is at racing; he’s surprised he hasn’t heard about the rich Busan kid before— well, probably rich Busan kid. Jimin’s managed to stay ahead of Taehyung, unless he wanted to give Taehyung’s ego a little knock up and lead him into a false sense of security, before whisking passed and making Taehyung grip his steering wheel.

Jimin’s hot, yeah, and Taehyung is ready to give him the respect he deserves as an amazing drifter, but Taehyung will not—will not—give up his title of Drift King so easily. Not without a fight. Taehyung grits his teeth and growls deep in his throat, watching as Jimin turns to slide smoothly into the spiral leading to the top. He’s still a few inches ahead and it’s frustrating. Taehyung bites his bottom lip, shifting gears and slamming the brakes, swirling his wheel around. The wheat blonde growls because he knows Jimin is smirking inside that vehicle. He can’t pass Jimin on this, it’s too narrow and barely holds one car at an angle, tilted almost completely sideways from how you should drive up the spiral, so he’ll have to press the gas all the way down in hopes of passing Jimin.

And that’s exactly what he does; he presses the gas all the way down in hopes of passing Jimin, but Jimin only copies his move and the noses of their cars are almost in a straight line when they pass the finish line. Everyone that piled into the elevators to reach the roof top fall silent and stare wide eyed at the cars that swirl and stop. But Yoongi’s up there, and Yoongi practically has magical vision (as Jeongguk jokes), eyes wide and mouth ajar. Taehyung swings his door open and steps out. People flock him, girls pressing against him and his car. He smiles warily, glancing over at Yoongi. The pink haired male waits until Jimin slides out of his car, cocky smirk on his lips again (Taehyung is starting to think that maybe he should slap it off his stupid, handsome face) and one hand resting in his pocket.

Jimin shuts his door calmly, glancing over at Taehyung then Yoongi. The pink haired male sighs, glancing between the two before raising a hand. Taehyung almost wants to punch Yoongi for making him wait so long, but before he can walk up to him and actually attempt it, Yoongi’s hand falls towards Jimin’s direction. “Jimin won.”

The crowd falls silent in surprise before hollering and suddenly there’s a throng around Jimin. The brunette simply smirks, throwing some winks at girls in skimpy clothes, before he looks over at Taehyung. The wheat blonde is utterly surprised (his first lose; is this how defeat feels?), but he musters up confidence and walks over to Jimin. Every one splits for the, former, Drift King and Taehyung stops in front of Jimin. The brunette has to crane his neck back to hold eye contact, but it doesn’t do anything to damage his ego, smirk still carved on his face. Taehyung breathes in deeply before exhaling. “Congratulations, Jimin. You’re the new Drift King.”

“Nah,” Jimin says, shaking his head and waving his hand. “I don’t want it.”

Taehyung blinks in surprise. “You don’t.. want the title?”

“Nope,” Jimin smiles, head tilting to the side slightly.

Taehyung blinks a few times, eyebrows shooting up when Jimin’s fingers curl around the collar of his leather jacket and yanks him down to peck his lips lightly. Taehyung blinks a few more times and Jimin smirks again. “Wouldn’t want to damage your rep too bad, would we?”

Taehyung’s eyes widen before he pouts, curling an arm around Jimin’s waist and bringing him closer. Jeongguk walks forward, clapping both of them on the back. “Congrats, Tae! You were beat by a former nerd from the Nobody Team.”

Taehyung smiles, but Jimin frowns. Jimin releases Taehyung’s collar to sock Jeongguk’s shoulder and the raven haired male simply laughs, turning to float towards a very suggestive looking male (Taehyung wasn’t too far off with that statement from earlier).

Taehyung and Jimin watch him before looking at each other. Taehyung swallows, glancing around as the crowd slowly starts to disperse before staring at Jimin again. “So.. how about a date?”

Jimin raises an eyebrow, slowly smiling. He debates cracking a joke, but settles for a chuckle. “Sure.”

Taehyung smiles widely, bringing Jimin closer. Jimin brings his arms up to rest his elbows on Taehyung’s shoulders. Taehyung leans down and there’s only a sliver of space between their lips when he speaks. “Good.”