down with the sickness (you're the cure)

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

f l o w e r c h i l d r e n ! a u ;

                                     intro chapter   ;    carnation (dianthus caryophyllus)

 namjoon  |  hoseok  |  jimin  |  seokjin  |  taehyung  |  jeongguk  |  yoongi

 

>> taehyung!cen | vmin // fluff/slight angst // caps // 483 // a.n: this took a while oops. if you want to see the colours (you'll get what i mean by this) just click here (hover your mouse over the image to see the real colours because i have monochrome images on!) / also the title is hella strange i apologize, but youll get it after reading (i hope lmao ill gladly explain if needed)

 

 

 

Taehyung always tended to have mood swings; bubbly one second, and quiet the next. No one blamed him, and Jimin tucked himself into Taehyung's side, resting his head on the younger flower's shoulder and not saying anything. Sometimes Taehyung would look at other carnations and look down at his hands, a venom-soaked insult barely having time to leave his lips before Jimin gathered him in his arms, murmuring how he's beautiful into his hair. Taehyung would argue, the other carnations are breathtaking and beautiful, but he's.. he's just not. He's a 'defect bud', not even his home field liked him. But Jimin always managed to make him agree to his love-laced praises of pure affection, whispering how he adored everything about Taehyung and that 'defect bud' was just a stupid title; it doesn't make Taehyung any less beautiful than every other carnation.

Not only was Taehyung shunned for most of his life, but Taehyung was also practically kicked out of his home field; his skin was darker coral than everyone else's and a little more red, his eyes were pure white and he didn't have any pupils, his hair only changed four times and only with the seasons, and with a different process. Little, tiny buds grew between the base of each strand and it would take a day for them to open up, and for the new coloured hair strand to start growing; when the new hairs are done growing the length of the older ones, the old coloured ones would fall out along with the leaves of the buds. The entire process, from the buds growing from his scalp to the previous coloured hairs falling out, takes a week and completely baffled most of his home field, but defect buds always were completely different.

Taehyung tended to hide from everyone when this happened and they heard Taehyung's occasional loud whimper or sob of pain. Only Jimin was allowed to go around Taehyung during this, but only after the new hair has grown and the old hair was starting to fall out. Jimin's touches were gentle to not hurt the boy, carefully brushing Taehyung's hair root to tip with a brush Seokjin had made from branches, moss, and thin strips of hay.

Jimin had been the one to approach Taehyung and ask to be his friend, sticking to him and trying to get him to open up when he said no, and Jimin has been glued to Taehyung's side ever since. But Taehyung doesn't mind; he did at first, Jimin was completely beautiful and popular whereas Taehyung was shunned for being a defect bud, but now Taehyung starts to panic when Jimin isn't by his side for longer than fifteen minutes.

Taehyung loves Jimin, loves what they have become, loves the family Jimin had been so insistent on making, and he hopes everything stays the way it is for the rest of their lives.