things that fall;

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

   title, t h i n g s  t h a t  f a l l  ;

>> vmin. fluff. no cap. tw: death menioned. 2.1k. a/n: lILY I FINALLY DID YOUR REQUEST I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND I HOPE THIS PLEASES YOU UNTIL I GET PART 2 OF THE FAST AND FURIOUS AU DONE :'D so this is a request from my babe, a fic (ship of my choosing, and you know i had to do vmin i mean c'mon) based on the poem things that fall, and i just finished it c': also this is in first person, even though i loath first person with a passion, it was the only way this would work so

 

 

i. petals

it was late autumn when i first saw you. the petals of the flowers that had bloomed beautifully in spring were starting to crisp and curl, falling off in preparation for the incoming winter. i was seven and you were six because your birthday is in december (you always complained about me turning older first because i would tease you), but even though we were young and had no idea about how cruel the world can be, you were still beautiful. you were still beautiful underneath that tree reading a book too thick for your reading level (something else you complained about), and you were even more beautiful up close when i introduced myself. i whispered my name because i was shy, but you just smiled, boxy in shape and bright, and happily said "kim taehyung!"


i really felt like i was dying a little when you agreed to be friends.

 

ii. teardrops

it was getting closer to winter and colder, and we had only been friends for a month when you first saw me cry. i was crying because my brother got into an accident and was in critical condition, but you didn't know that. yet you still wrapped your thin arms around me and pulled me into your chest. i hated crying, but seeing you standing in front of me bawling on the swingset in the neighborhood park made me hate it more. but i will admit, i felt pretty safe in your arms as you held me tightly, humming a song i didn't know into my hair until i calmed down. when i stopped crying, i pulled away and was almost blinded by that bright, rectangular smile of yours. you didn't know why i was crying, but you still made it your mission to keep me happy for the rest of the day.


and i appreciated that more than you know.

 

iii. snowflakes

winter had finally come and you were bouncing around happily because that meant you'd be seven soon and i had to stop teasing you. it was below freezing so i was always in long sleeved shirts and pants, but you'd be in tank tops or short sleeved shirts and shorts. i remember complaining and trying to slip my sweater onto you when you dragged me out into the snow one day, because it was absolutely insane for someone to only be wearing two t-shirts and a jacket in the snow, but you simply waved me off before running away. i gave up after running around the park for five minutes and decided to lay in the snow with you, staring up at the dark grey sky to watch the pretty snowflakes float down onto our bodies.


i didn't tell you, but when i turned my head to look at you and saw the snowflakes resting on your red cheeks, you kinda looked like a snow god.

 

iv. rain

it was a year and a half later, we were both eight this time, when there was a really bad thunderstorm that hit us. i loved the rain, i loved thunder, and i loved lightning, but i didn't know you had a fear of it. i was spending the night at your house that day, and you had been a little more on edge when we overheard your mom watching the news and the weather man said we were going to get hit with a severe thunderstorm, but i didn't think anything of it. every time you glanced out the window when it got a little bit darker because of the clouds and not because it was getting late, i ignored it. i thought you were just.. being you. until the first clap of thunder echoed through the house and you yelped. i was confused, but then it happened again and you dove into my chest.


i didn't say it out loud, i pushed away the thought as soon as it popped up, but it was kinda nice to hold you for the rest of the night.

 

v. stars

it was seven years later, i was sixteen and you were fifteen, when we saw our first shooting star. we were outside in my backyard and we were laying in the grass, watching the night sky. i had complained about bugs and mud, but you rolled your eyes and tugged me down beside you. i pouted, but didn't fight you and stayed on the ground. you got really excited when you saw the bright line in the sky, thicker at the front and thinner at the end like the of a painter's brush, and squealed when it disappeared to weave into space and become another blue thread sewn into the cloth of time. i remember you sitting up and looking at down at me with a huge smile, like seeing a shoot star was the same as getting an award you worked hard for; your eyes had glittered with happiness too.


you looked ridiculously beautiful with your face cast in shadows, eyes sparkling and curved into thick crescents, lips stretched into a large rectangular smile; but i kept that to myself.

 

vi. tides

it was a few months later, we were both sixteen, when you said something about the second low tide coming in. i stopped working on my homework to give you a confused look, and you had simply shrugged, repeating yourself. i didn't pay any mind to it, but then a friend of ours that was a surfer and had the time of all low and high tides remembered by heart had said the second low tide was coming in. you had grinned when i came home to you sitting on my bed, eyes wide and eyebrows knitted together, and practically sang 'told you'.


that was when i had internally declared that you had a sixth sense.

 

vii. eyelids

it was three months after that, i was seventeen now, when you demanded i come over to your house. i was surprised, but it was okay because you lived down the road. i practically ran to your house and barged into your room to see what was wrong. you were pacing back and forth and anger was rolling off of you in waves. i asked what was wrong, but everything you said came out in a jumbled incoherent mess and when you started tugging at your hair, i walked up to you carefully and gently placed my hands on your shoulders. you looked at me with blazing eyes, but i saw them soften when you stared into mine. i started massaging your shoulders and neck in hopes of getting you to relax, and when i saw your eyes fall shut, i knew it was working.


i was annoyed that you were angry because you lost your favourite stuffed lion.

 

viii. time

a year after that, we were both seventeen, we were both cramming for finals. since we didn't seem to have a lot of time to be together, you would come to my house or vice versa for study sessions. we didn't talk or play games or anything, we just studied. but more and more, i started finding myself staring at you instead of my notes. you were stunning, completely focused on your work, sometimes folding your bottom lip over your bottom teeth to chew it with your top teeth, or your tongue would at the corner of your mouth. i'm pretty sure i blushed a lot watching you do that over and over, but i couldn't find the strength to look away.


i barely passed the test, but watching you and having time practically fall away to useless minutes of being a nerd admiring a star was worth it.

 

ix. shadows

it was barely three months after that when my father died from a heart attack. i was completely devastated and hardly went to school, and when i did, i never focused. teachers didn't say anything, though, because they knew how much my father meant to me and knew losing him was a great blow. everyone gave me space, but you. you stuck to my side like you were my body guard, and when you were gone, you made sure to text me every two minutes to make sure i was okay. i didn't really mind it, if anything, i was thankful for it. everything just seemed like falling shadows; my world turned grey and black, and every time i saw something fall (leaves, petals, rain, my mother's and brother's tears, snow, the tides, a shooting star, my mother's eyelids after her hair until she slept, time) it was just shadows.


but you were still bright blue and purple like you had always been, and when you fell from being so clumsy, you were like glowing light.

 

x. leaves

it was autumn again, i was eighteen and you were seventeen still, and i had finally gotten over the loss of my father. you decided to take me out to the park to play. i said we weren't kids anymore, but you simply curled my scarf around my neck and dragged me out anyway. you soon let go of my hand and started running around the park to play with the kids or chase birds like we did when we were six. i stayed back to watch you and you looked like a playful autumn god when you were laughing with the kids as you played tag around a large tree, brown and yellow leaves being plucked off their branches by the wind and fluttering down around you.

the beat my heart skipped when you looked over at me from your place underneath that same tree, leaves still dancing around you in the air, surprised me and i'm sure you noticed my cheeks turn pink.

 

xi. the sun

it was winter again, we were both eighteen, but today the sun was up in the sky and shining brightly. the rays of light make the snow caking every object it could sparkle, and it was kinda majestic when the snow was untouched, smooth from freshly falling the night before and settling into place, top layer glittering. we were in your room playing any and every game you wanted because it was your birthday the day before, and i didn't get to spend it with you because my mother had a break down when my brother accidentally brought up dad. after a while, we played every game you owned and settled for watching your favourite anime from the beginning. i lost interest after the second season, and decided to stare out your window instead. the sun was setting, like hanging in the sky was too difficult and it was falling to let the moon take its place. i didn't get to stare for long because you called my name and when i looked at you, you were pouting because i wasn't watching.


we ended up watching the last two episodes again because you wanted me to watch every minute.


xii. and i,
     for you

it was two years after that, we were both twenty, when it finally hit me that i had fallen in love with you. i didn't want to believe it at first, but when you leaned your face really close to mine because i had ice cream on my nose and my face heated up, it hit me. i had complained that you the ice cream instead of wiping it off, but i was just really embarrassed. i had thought about it for the next few weeks, but i kept coming to the conclusion that i was in love with you. i didn't hate it, but i was scared that you didn't feel the same way. it took me until i was twenty two and you were twenty one for me to confess to you. i probably should have confessed somewhere else, not when we were walking down the street on the way to work with both of us holding coffee in one hand, but it didn't matter because you slipped your free hand into mine and said "i love you too, jiminie."


and you're kissing my neck as i write this last bit here, we're both twentyfive, complaining that i'm taking too long to come to bed because you're exhausted, and you're probably going to complain later that i'm too cheesy when you read this, but that's okay because i love you. i love you much more than i can put into words, but just think of all that greasy stuff (like to the moon and back, more than than are stars in the universe and fish in the sea, that stuff) and you'll get a pretty good idea. i love you, kim taehyung, and i'll love you for as long as i live.

 

 

park jimin, a.k.a
your jiminie :) ♡