happy birthday (i'm your present)

» ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɴᴇʙᴜʟᴀ *:・゚✧|| a bangtan boys oneshot collection

   title,  h a p p y  b i r t h d a y  (i ' m  y o u r  p r e s e n t)

>> sugamon / fluff / cap / 1.0w / a.n: i'M ONLY SEVEN-ISH HOURS LATE FOR YOONGI'S BIRTHDAY IT'S FINE SHHHHHHHHHhhhhhHHHH I HAD THIS WRITTEN IN A NOTEBOOK SO I HAD ALREADY HAD IT I JUST TOOK UNTIL NOW TO TYPE IT UP AND POST IT ShhhHH

 

 

 

Yoongi knew he wouldn't get much for his birthday. He only had a small ring of friends and neither of them had a lot of money—including himself—so they all hung out at the studio where Yoongi worked. They sang happy birthday, split the cake Seokjin made, played a few games, watched as Yoongi opened the cheap, small and mostly home-made presents they all concocted to see if Yoongi liked them. The only thing missing- a certain someone. Namjoon, Yoongi's boyfriend of three years. Jeongguk had said Namjoon caught a cold over night from staying at his studio until five in the morning without the heater. The news made Yoongi frown deeply, but he didn't say anything. Yoongi was frowning the entire walk home, the plastic bag with the presents in it bouncing off of his hip. He hoped Namjoon was okay; the blonde had a habit of getting himself sick.

Yoongi's frown deepened until it was almost scowl-like as he fished for his keys. When he got his keys, he unlocked his door quickly because all he wanted to was to fall asleep. Yoongi heaved a sigh, kicking off his shoes so they bounced a few times with deep clicks. He barely had the strength to lift his head, but when he did, he froze completely at the sight. Red rose petals sprinkled around in a trail towards the bedroom. "What the ?" Yoongi whispers, eyebrow raising in confusion. He slipped his leather jacket off  and tossed it, along with the keys, onto the couch. With narrowed eyes and raised shoulders, Yoongi carefully and quietly padded his way towards the door to his bedroom. When he got closer, he noticed it was cracked open slightly. "I swear to God," he growls, "I will punch whoever is in here."

"No, you won't."

Yoongi freezes half way through opening the creaking door at the voice before throwing it open to glare wide-eyed at the lanky, tall blonde on his bed. "Namjoon?" Upon fully processing Namjoon on his bed, Yoongi storms over and slaps his shoulder. "Namjoon, what the ?!"

Namjoon laughs, raising his hands to block Yoongi's other attacks before wrapping his arms around Yoongi's hips and tugging him onto the bed. Yoongi whines in protest, squirming against Namjoon's side. "What are you doing here? Jeongguk said you were sick!"

Namjoon presses his face against the crook of Yoongi's neck. "I told Jeongguk to tell you that so I could set this up."

Yoongi raises an eyebrow, fiddling with one of the soft petals on the bed after melting into Namjoon's hold. "Set what up, exactly?"

"This," Namjoon gestures to the petal-sobered bed and the trail visible from the wide open door, "and a birthday dinner."

"You? Cook?" Yoongi sounds genuinely surprised, and even a little impressed, eyebrows raised and eyes wide. "Wow."

Namjoon's eyebrows knit together, eyes widening in offense. "Excuse you, hyung, I can cook."

"You got help from Seokjin-hyung, didn't you?" Yoongi questions with a raised eyebrow.

"No," Namjoon shoots back with a small pout. "I took lessons from Seokjin-hyung. Big difference."

Yoongi giggles with a shake of his head. "No, there's not. You may not have had help with actually cooking, but you had Seokjin-hyung teach you, which is basically the same thing."

Namjoon pouts deeply, offended that Yoongi is doubting him like this. "Hyungnim..."

Yoongi smiles, leaning forward to lightly kiss Namjoon. "Alright, let's go see what you made, yeah?"

Namjoon stared up at Yoongi as the male stands from the bed with one of those kicked puppy looks that usually makes Yoongi give into him. Yoongi rolls his eyes, tugging Namjoon up by his wrist. "Stop being a baby, Joon."

Namjoon whines, but leads the way to Yoongi's kitchen and can't help the proud expression that paints his face, though albeit shy. "Soo...?"

"Looks great," Yoongi nods in approval as he walks over to one side of the dining table, "now to see if it tastes just as great."

Namjoon quickly moves behind Yoongi to pull the chair out for him. Yoongi freezes in surprise before slowly sitting. "When were you a gentleman?" His eyebrows raise and furrow as he watches Namjoon separate the foods onto various bowls and plates before placing them in front of Yoongi. "Always, I just never showed it." Namjoon shrugs only one he's put the food in front of his boyfriend. He sits calmly in the chair across from Yoongi, but the panic and paranoia are visible inside his eyes. Yoongi picks up his chopsticks and begins placing food into his mouth.

Namjoon tenses, watching Yoongi slowly chew silently. "Is.. Is it okay?"

Yoongi looks up at Namjoon and stares at him before smiling. "Yeah. Good job, Joonie. I'm impressed."

Namjoon relaxes, sighing loudly in relief and slumps against the chair. "Oh, thank goodness."

Yoongi laughs softly, leaning back in his chair and continues eating slowly to hold a conversation with Namjoon. "Aren't you going to eat?" Yoongi questions after quite a while of him eating half of the food and Namjoon only watching. Namjoon smiles and shakes his head. "I'm fine, hyung. I ate before I came here."

"You could get hungry again. We've been sitting here for a while." Yoongi frowns, tapping the chopsticks against the lip of the bowl of plain rice. Namjoon's smile widens, shaking one of his hands before dropping it onto his lap. "No, no, it's fine, really."

Yoongi quickly scarfs down the food to keep from nagging Namjoon like Seokjin would, which is basically the same as saying like a mother would. When he finishes, he laid on his bed with Namjoon completely curled around the expanse of his body. Namjoon nuzzles into the crook of Yoongi's neck, breathing in the familiar smell of Yoongi's body wash (a weird, but comforting, earthy mix of dull pine and rain). "Happy birthday, hyung."

Yoongi smiles at the feeling of Namjoon's breath fanning across his neck. "Thank you, babe."

Namjoon giggles (a rare happening that Yoongi enjoys thoroughly) and nuzzles closer to the older. "And I kinda love you." Yoongi smiles, hand gently rubbing Namjoon's lower back. He tilts his head down and to the side to breathe in the scent lingering on Namjoon's hair (warm apple pie). "I kinda love you too."

 

 

I apologize for any mistakes and thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! <333