Lies

My Gangster Prince

EDITED!!!!!! I added Daehyun's POV below because it would make my chapter 100 too lengthy and too many happenings. Enjoy!

~~~~~~'s POV

As usual, Daehyun was out again. I had nothing to do. I opened the fridge and a row of alcoholic drinks greeted me. Since when did we have that many bottles stored in the fridge? Must be Daehyun. Was drinking out not enough that he still needed to drink at home too? Why is he even drinking so much? I took a bottle of white wine. I am not an addict. Its just that I needed something to get me out of this empty feeling, the feeling of loneliness. How pathetic. Is this why he was drinking so much? to get rid of the lonely feeling? Nah, I guess not. He always had company. Besides, if he was lonely, he wouldn't ignore me. Its definitely not loneliness.

I never drank white wine before. I drank it slowly, trying to get used to the taste. When I got the hang of it, it actually tasted pretty good. I started gulping down the drink to escape reality even if it was just temporary.

I stopped after feeling dizzy. I headed towards Daehyun's room only to be reminded again that I was alone at home. I stumbled towards his table to take his pack of cigarettes. It wasn't there. It was quite weird because he usually place his pack there and one on his side table beside his bed. He would usually carry the one on his side table with him. Now, there wasn't any visible packs around. I started seaching for it. There was no way it disappear. I found it in his drawer below his table. I opened the pack and I sighed in relief. There were three sticks in it.

Just when I was about to take a stick out, someone grabbed the pack away from me. I looked up and I saw Daehyun and two other blurry Daehyun beside the real one. The wine was working. Great, now he found out. So what? I couldn't be bothered.I just needed my daily two sticks. Thats all I need now.

Instead of caring for me or ignoring me, he screamed at me. No doubt I was hurt but I didn't care much. The urge to smoke was too strong, I just needed to.

We got into a big arguement. So that was why Daehyun hid the pack of cigarettes. He suspected. I bet he was just testing me. I said things that I would have never said when I was sober. I could not be bothered about anything else. I just needed to satisfy my desires. If he could yell at me, I could yell at him too.

He then locked me up in my room. I did not see what was the big deal of smoking. He does it too! Never have I expected him to something like that to me. Not only did he locked me up. He laid his palm on me, he slapped me across my cheek. I could not believe my eyes. Is that how a boyfriend should treat his girl? I don't know. I had no other exprience and before he came into my life, I was already treated like trash. I was like everyone's punching bag. I just didn't expect Daehyun, my boyfriend, the person I trusted the most and the one why rescued me from that hell hole would lay his palm on me. He did something that the people I hate would do.

The slap was not something playful or anything close to that. His slap was fast and hard. His slap was the most painful of all the slaps I've recieved in my life because not only was I hurt physically, I was also emotionally hurt.

He kept me in my room for how long? I don't know. I just know that he was back to his recent self, ignoring me. I was suffering in my room. The temptation to smoke and not being able to is killing me inside out. I banged the door hard and shouted for him to let me out but not once did he open the door for me. I even pleaded him but he did not even bother to check if I was okay. I slammed the flower portrait on the wall. As expected, he did not come in.

Of all things he could do to me, he just had to do the two things I would have never expect him to do. What shocked me more was that they were done in the same day, all in less than an hour.

Doesn't he know how I feel about being locked in? I never once liked the feeling. I'm sure no one does. Why? Why was he treating me like this? Where is the sweet and caring Daehyun that attracted me go to? I miss that Daehyun. I no longer feel the love I felt from the past. I feel so horrible now. Is this my karma? But what wrong have I done? I guessed the devil ate him. The Daehyun I know wouldn't do something like that to me or maybe I am wrong?

So much for calling me his princess, his darling, his love, his baby, his girl. So much for claiming me as his. So much for everything. Everything was a lie, a big fat lie! What protect? What being your girl? What happened to I love you too much to hurt you? What happened to that would be you and me 50 years down the road? Why say things that you don't even mean it? Why say just to pacify me for that moment? Why say it if you're not planning to keep your promise?

I hate you Jung Daehyun! Don't say things if you don't mean them! Don't carry me to heaven when you're gonna push me down to hell!

Since I couldn't do anything in my room, I continued to shout, asking him to open the door and let me out. After awhile, I gave up. He probably doesn't care anymore. He probably left to continue to drink or something. I couldn't be bothered but why does my heart hurt so bad? Stupid heart.

I laid on my bed, trying to fall asleep. As dizzy as I was and as much as I tried, I just couldn't seem to fall asleep. Everything was in my mind. that day and the fight we had just now. How come only the negative things are in my mind? I tried recalling the happy moments but I was probably too mad. Nothing happy appeared. I punched my bed. I then heard sounds. I pretended to sleep. Maybe if Daehyun opens the door and check on me, I could dash out.I closed my eyes with my back facing the door. 

"~~~~~?" Daehyun called out. If he could ignore me, I could too.

He opened the door. I heard his footsteps. He was walking towards me. His hand caressed my hair. I missed his touch but that doesn't mean that I forgive him for that slap. What is wrong with him? He used the same hand to slap and caress my hair? Oh so he's feeling guilty now? How I wanted to push his hand away. Who knows what he might do next?

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. That... It hurts me more than it hurts you." Daehyun mumbled. He wasn't gonna hurt me further? After the slap and locking me in? He's not gonna yank my hair or something?

"You're sorry? You didn't mean it? Why don't I slap you and apologise and say that I didn't mean it?! It hurts you more? Don't lie." I wanted to shout at him and tell him how much he hurt me but I kept quiet instead. 

I felt weird. As much as I wanted to stay mad at him and hate him, my weak heart had already forgave him. How is it that my heart go soft so easily?! 

Sorry if its too chunky.
Thank you for all the comments, subs and upvotes!! Love you guys!! Wish all of you readers a fruitful 2013! hehe~

 

Daehyun's POV

After I locked her in her room, I sat outside her door. Thoughts flowed in. I regretted slapping her. What was I thinking? How could I do that to her? No matter how wrong she was or how angry I was, I should have never do that to her. Stupid hand, stupid Jung Daehyun. Its not like you didn't know what she had gone through. You still slapped her?! Serve you right if she hates you now. You're a jerk. Aish! Stupid stupid stupid!! You said you love her. You said you would rather ignore her than flare up at her but what did you do?

She kept yelling and begging for me to open the door. How much my heart hurts hearing her like this. I could not go soft. I cannot allow her to continue being like this but I could not think of a better solution. 

I heard crashing sounds from her room. I almost burst in the room but then I heard her screamin again. At least I know she was okay and that crash was probably her venting her frustration. 

I started thinking again. What made her like this? She didn't flare up like this before, not once in my entire life have I seen her behaving like this. Did I push her too far? Was I  the cause of her sudden outburst? What a lousy boyfriend I am.

She screamed, yelled and pleaded till I could tell she was tired. Stop screaming like that, you're gonna hurt your throat. She finally stopped. I went to my bathroom to wash up a little, waking myself up. I headed back to her room.

"~~~~~?" I called her. There was no reply. Did she fall asleep already? I opened the door and let myself in. The alcohol scent was so strong. How much did she drink? Her lights were off and her back was facing me. Her breathing was heavy. I'm sure she was tired after that outburst. 

I know I was wrong by slapping her. I intend to apologise to her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. That... It hurts me more than it hurts you." I mumbled as I carressed her hair. Me and my stupid pride. Only apologising to her sleeping self. The slap.... I should have thought of a better way to wake her up.

"Sorry." I said again as I covered the blanket over her. I brought my face closer to hers. I puckered my lips wanting to kiss her but... I just couldn't bring myself to do so. What is wrong with you Daehyun? She's your girlfriend! I left her room.

The next few days was the same routine. She was now ignoring me. She didn't even make me breakfast, not that she was obliged to. It's just that even when we weren't talking, she would still prepared my food for me. I guessed I deserved it for ignoring her the past few days when she tried talking to me.

She locked herself in her room now. Come to think of it, I did nothing right. I regretted all my actions. Why couldn't I come up with something better than to lock her in her room? Now she just stays in there. She did not even come out to eat. Worried that her gastric would act up, I headed towards her room.

"Open up. Come out and eat something" I knocked on her door. After a few seconds, she opened the door, totally avoiding eye contact with me and headed towards the kitchen. I followed her. She opened up the fridge and zoned out. I wondered what she was looking at. 

"No. Dont even think about it. I said eat something." She was staring at the row of alcoholic drinks. She grabbed an apple in the fridge and slamed the fridge door shut. She then walked back up to her room and closed the door.