Zelo's Birthday 3

My Gangster Prince

Daehyun's POV

"Princess.... Please be strong... Wake up.... Don't leave your Daehyunnie here alone..." I whispered.

There wasn't any sign or movement from her but Yongguk hyung never gave up.
 
"Please.... I'll do anything for you to be fine... just don't leave me here..." I continued to talk to her. Then I heard coughing. I looked at her, she was coughing water out of . I held her up by her neck, not wanting her to choke.
 
"Princess!!! You're awake!!!" I hugged her.
 
"Daehyunnie?" She sounded confused.
 
"Thank God, you scared the out of me! Don't ever do such things again!" I pulled her away and held onto her shoulders and then pulled her into a hug again.
 
"I'm soaked." She said as she tried to breakaway from my hug. 
 
"I don't care. Even if you're on fire I'm still hugging you." I replied and kissed her forehead.
 
"You really scared me big time. I thought you would leave me." I said to her.
 
"Silly boy." She wiped my tears.
 
"Noona...." Zelo called her, walking towards us.
 
"What do you want?! Haven't you done enough harm?!" I shouted, hugging her, preventing him from approaching her. My girl shook her head, telling me not to behave this way but I couldn't help it. I was still angry at him. He almost indirectly killed my girl! If I wasn't hugging her, I would have swung my fist across his face.
 
"Noona, I'm sorry..." Despite my harsh words, he still dared to come forward.
 
"You really want me to punch you is it?!" I shouted, raising my fist.
 
"Daehyunnie no!! Its not his fault!" My princess said weakly while holding on to my fist.
 
"Really princess? Not his fault? You almost died because of him dammit! I did warn him to be careful!" I punched the sand instead.
 
"It really isn't his fault. I told him to go ahead first. This was just an accident. Zelo ah~ it's not your fault, you don't need to apologize." My girl said.
 
"Why did he had to swim so fast and leave you alone? Was he rushing for time?! We have the whole day here!" I glared hard at Zelo but he didn't dare to make eye contact with me.
 
"Daehyun, that's enough! Don't you think you've gone too far with your words? If you were worried, why didn't you go with her? It was an accident. No one wanted it to happen. You think Zelo did it on purpose?! Stop putting the blame on him!" Yongguk hyung said. I remained silent. He was right. Why didn't I go with her?
 
"Junhong ah~" Jongup called him as Zelo walked away.
 
"Jongup, go after him." Himchan hyung said. Jongup nodded and followed closely behind him.
 
"Its no one's fault. Stop putting the blame on anyone. I know you love her. Don't we all love her too? Zelo is not feeling good about it too. Can't you be more understanding towards his feelings? At least he brought her back on shore." Yongguk hyung added. With that, the other three of them left the both of us alone.
 
"Baby, are you alright? Do you need to go to the hospital?Anywhere uncomfortable?" I asked as I held her cheek.
 
"I'm fine but Zelo is clearly not." She said. I looked away.
 
"Daedae~" She cupped my cheeks and made me face her.
 
"Its really not his fault. I had cramps. I should have prevented us from going too far but I got carried away, wanting to go deeper. Don't blame Zelo. Why put your friendship at stake over this small incident?" She explained.
 
"How is this a small incident? I almost lost you..." I calmed down, still sobbing.
 
"But I'm still here, aren't I?" I nodded.
 
"Baby, shouldn't you do something about it? I don't want you to lose a good brother because of something he didn't do. Afterall, its his birthday today. I'm sure he's feeling really nasty now. I can tell the words you say must have impacted him a lot and they weren't very nice words." She was right. I went overboard. At times like this, I felt that she was even more mature than me. I'm really thankful she talked sense to me without being harsh. She was really calm. Her calmness had also made me calm down. This motherly side of her was something I didn't expect. Maybe it's just in her. I'm sure she'll make a good mother.
 
We changed positions, now, she was leaning on my chest, our fingers interwined.
 
"You really mean a lot to him. I could tell by the way he talks about you. Your actions must have hurt him more. Do something to salvage your friendship okay?" I nodded again.
 
"What are you waiting for? That poor boy could be crying a river for all you know." My princess said.
 
"Now? Will you be okay alone?" I asked her.
 
"Yes, go go." She replied while sitting up.
 
"Remember, its not his fault!" She shouted when I was running towards the boys.
 
"Daehyun, what are you trying to do now? Try laying a finger on him again. I won't just stand and watch." Yongguk hyung said dangerously, defending Zelo when I approached them. Zelo's face was stained with tears. Yongguk hyung is really a good older brother.
 
"Hyung... Can I talk to Zelo alone? I promise it'll just be only talking. I won't lay a finger on him." I said.
 
"Yes, give him a chance, let them talk it out. Let's go." Himchan hyung helped me as he gestured the boys to leave. I thanked him.
 
"Hyung... I'm really sorry. I know how much she means to you. I-I.." Zelo said, looking down. I guessed he stuttered when I raised up my palm. I patted his shoulder instead.
 
"Junhong ah.. I'm sorry. I should have found out the truth first before putting the blame on you. I was too rash. Its just that its her... I was really worried. I know being worried was no excuse to punch you and hyung is really sorry about it. You... can punch me back if you want..." I said and almost immediately, I received a punch on my left upper arm.
 
"So I guess we're quits?" I asked.
 
"Yeah.. I guess..." Zelo replied.
 
"Junhong ah~ I'm sorry I ruined your birthday..." I apologized, feeling guilty. Why didn't I think before throwing punches?! Zelo shook his head and smiled.
 
"I feel bad that noona had to experience that on my birthday." Zelo added.
 
"She said she's fine now but that's only what she says. That silly girl forever keeping things from me as long as it concerns me being worried. Really silly girl." I told Zelo.
 
 
Haha~ I love teasing you guys. I just said I mentioned about the ending. I didn't say the story was gonna end just like that. ~~~ oopps... hehe~ One more birthday chapter to go. Sorry if its draggy and if Zelo didn't appear as much as you expect. This is, after all, a Daehyun story!