Exploded

My Gangster Prince

Daehyun's POV

It has been days since the incident. Things changed between us. I was still very bothered about the fact that they kissed. Every time I see her, that scene replays and I would feel really frustrated. This was the main reason why I would go out and drink at night. I couldn't take it. Somehow, the alcohol didn't really seem to work. She was always on my mind. I had to get really tipsy before I would go blank. Even though drinking did not really help much, it was better drinking and having a possibility of getting drunk rather than being home with a lucid mind.

She had been trying to talk to me but I would ignore her. I really do not know why. I guessed it was again, my heart. I'm really thankful for the food she cooks but when the both of us are having this silent war, her food just doesn't taste as good. I always tried to eat them since she had put in effort in making them. 

I would still drive her to school and drive her home because I do not want the same thing to happen again. This time it was a kiss. I cannot imagine what will that bastard do the next time he lays his hands on her.

The boys could sense our drastic change. I'm sure. They cared a lot about the both of us. They did not bring up the situation when the both of us were present probably because they did not want us to get embarrassed. However, that didn't stop them from telling me. When we went out late at night, they would often tell me not be cold towards her. I know they mean well but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. 

I would text her at night letting her know that I will be late. I told her to go to bed first. When I reached home, the house was dark. I on the lights and saw food on the table.  As usual, I did what I did the past few days. I ate, wash dishes and headed to her room. I stood outside, opened the door, adjusted her blanket and ensured that she was safe before heading to my room to do my stuff.

That day, Zelo called me when I was with Youngjae at the pub we frequent.

"Hyung, did noona tell you she'll be coming over to my place?" Zelo asked me.

"No. She has legs. She can go wherever she wants to." I replied.

"Hyung! Don't be like that. Noona don't sound too good over the phone." Zelo said.

"Fine, okay. Take care of her call me if anything happens." I replied. 

When she left his house, Zelo sent me a text. It was just after I sent her my text. Why is she doing things behind my back? It won't hurt her or she wouldn't lose a part of her flesh if she would have just sent me a message at least. I went home after a few more glasses. I checked on her and she was asleep. Her blacket was still neatly covering her so I guessed she slept not long ago.

Today was the usual, I was at a club with Himchan hyung. It must be the consecutive drinking that is making my head spin. I decided to go home earlier.

When I reached home, the lights were on and there was noise coming from upstairs. I headed up and stood at my door. I could not believe my eyes. There she was holding my pack of cigarettes.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I went towards her and snatched the pack away from her. 

"All this while I tried talking to you and you just simply give me the cold treatment and now while you're finally talking to me, you're screaming at me?" She said.

"Give it back!" She tried snatching the pack from me. The scene would be a cute sight if we were snatching for something else like food or gifts but this wasn't. It was a freaking cigarette pack!

"Give it back! Please! I need it!" She said looking really uneasy. She was also reeking with the smell of alcohol. Has she been drinking?!

"So its true?! You're smoking now?! Why!!?? Why are you doing this to yourself?! You hated the smell!" I shouted back, feeling really angry at her sudden addiction.

"At first I noticed that my cigarettes we getting lesser and lesser without me even touching them. I thought it was the boys. Even Zelo called me and told me what you've been doing. I still could not believe it until I see it with my own eyes. WHY!?" I shouted, glaring at her.

"Don't bother me! Say whatever you want! Just give me back the pack!" She shouted back, still trying to snatch the pack from me. 

"Yah! Jung Daehyun! Give me the pack! I'm dying here!" I got a shock of my life. Never in my life I've heard her say such words. 

*Slap!*

"What the hell are you saying?! You're dying because you can't smoke?!" I slapped her. She cupped the cheek that I've slapped and glared at me. I could see that the part I laid my hands on was slowly becoming red. I did not use that much strength!

"You don't know what I'm going through!! Just give me the damn pack!!" She shouted.

"What? You're gonna slap me again?!" She said as I raised up my palm. I glared at her.

"Fine, slap all you want. After that, pass me the pack." She dared me by grabbing my palm and placing it on her cheek. I dropped my palm. Apparently that slap that was to wake her up did not work. There was no point to slap her again. It wasn't even my intention. 

"What don't know what you're going through!? I don't know what you've gone through but you know what I've gone through! I'M SURE I WAS IN A WORST STATE. ALL MY FAMILY MEMBERS LEFT ME! I SMOKED TO FORGET THINGS. THEN I MET YOU. BECAUSE OF YOU I REDUCED THE NUMBER OF STICKS. BECAUSE OF YOU I WAS ABLE TO CONTROL THE TEMPTATION. CAN'T YOU DO IT FOR ME?!" I was yelling at her.

"YOU THINK THAT IS BAD?! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY DID TO ME! THEY FORCED ME TO SMOKE ALMOST EVERY HOUR. SOMETIMES WITH EVEN MORE THAT A STICK. BECAUSE OF YOU? ITS BECAUSE OF YOU I'M SMOKING. I DON'T SEE YOU AS OFTEN ANYMORE. YOU IGNORE ME. WHAT ELSE COULD I DO?!" She rebutted. The both of us are in a heated arguement now. None of us are thinking from each other perspective. Wait, what? They forced her to smoke?

"I KNOW. I KNOW YOU'RE IGNORING ME BECAUSE I KISSED HIM. I WAS FORCED TO! IF YOU WANT I COULD ALSO KISS YOU. THE KISS IS THE THING THAT IS BOTHERING YOU SO MUCH RIGHT?!" She added. Her face was already in tears. She headed out while I just stood there in shock. Since when did she become like this?!

She came back with red lipstick applied messily around her lips. She then grabbed my face and almost forcefully kissed me but I stopped her in time. I held onto her shoulders in time.

"WHY ARE YOU STOPPING ME NOW?! I know. You find me dirty too right? It's okay. It's not only you who finds me dirty." She smiled. I was speechless. My heart hurt like crazy. Why am I not saying anything?! Did I really subconsciously find her dirty?

"Shut up! Stop behaving like a crazy girl! I'm not allowing you to touch another cigarette." I had to stop her.

"Don't you think you're being unfair?! I didn't control you. Who are you to control me?!" She said. It was so clear that she was drunk. Her words pierced through my heart. Who am I? Really?

"Shut it! I'm doing this for your own good!" I shouted back.

"For my own good? Then give me the pack." She said.

"No." I said.

"Fine. Then i'm heading out to get one." She informed me. She walked out of my room.

"I said you are not touching another cigarette!" I grabbed her arm.

"SHUT UP! Stop telling me what to do! What rights do you think you have?! Just because you're my boyfriend? Fine then, lets break up. Don't control me! Don't tell me what to do!" She shouted. I felt like a ton of bricks had crashed onto me. Did she really say that? Her expression was a shocked one but she changed it immediately to a cold one. I know she did not mean it and she had said it accidentally. No way am I letting her go. 

"You better take those words back. I know you did not mean it." I said feeling genuinely hurt.

"Let go of me!" She attempted to struggle out of my hand. of couse, I was stronger.

"You're not coming out until you learn how to control!" I yelled, dragging her into her room and locking the door. I know this is a drastic measure but I had no other choice. My heart.... Why did she become like this?!

"Please let me out..... I cannot take it..... Daehyun..... Please..... Just one...." She banged the door and she sounded tired and weak.

I did not leave her struggling alone. I was sitting outside her door.It hurts me to do something like that too. 

 

I imagined the scenes in my head and thought that it would be a longer chapter. oh well. I'm tired... 

Thank you guys! Your comments really cheered me up.

Happy New Year people! Just in case I don't have an update on the new year day.