Deal

My Gangster Prince

~~~~~~~~'s POV

I didn't sneak ever since after that weekend at the club since I was afraid of getting caught. There was twice that when Daehyun asked me out but I rejected. I felt bad but I really didn't want to end up at the hospital again. True enough, that both times, there was someone at home.

My stepmom came home during the first time because she felt unwell to accompany my stepdad. I had to take care of her. She wasn't unwell to the extent she couldn't walk but she made me carry her on my back when she needed to get around the house. She's not that fat but my body couldn't really handle her weight. When I took a longer time to get to where she wanted to go, she would either pinch my arms or pull my hair. She also made things difficult for me. She would spill things on the floor and asked me to clean them with my shirt. I didn't like getting down on all fours because of the bad past experiences. This time was no exception. While I was cleaning up, she poured hot soup on my back. It burned and I could tell my skin was gonna turn bright red but what could I do? Nothing. I couldn't even reach the spot that was scalded.

The other time, Minsook came home earlier than expected. I had completed my chores for the day. Seeing that I had nothing to do or rather, he didn't want me to be idling around when in fact, I was doing my work. He pulled me by my sleeve towards his door and tied me to his doorknob with his belt while inflicting new wounds on my body. He said that since I wasn't doing anything, I should continue to do nothing in his terms. I didn't know who doing homework was actually considered doing nothing.

 

Soon, exams were around the corner. I've been doing quite well for all of my subjects except physics. I just couldn't seem to pass that subject. My stepmom told me if I were to fail any subjects this time round, she will withdraw me from school. I didn't like the idea at all. It meant that I would have to be stuck at home and my chances of seeing Daehyun and the rest of the boys would be almost close to none. I need to buck up! 

I occassionally had noticable marks and Daehyun noticed in no time. Especially those around my wrists and my forearms. Even if I wore a jacket or another outer layer, he would find out almost immediately because I didn't have the habit of wearing outer wear. Daehyun no longer forced me to tell him what happen as he could already guess as much. I could tell he was controlling his temper. He knew I didn't what to kick up a big fuss. Who knows what my stepparents will do if Daehyun did something. He would usually just sigh and apply cream on my woulds. I've already applied cream before he did but I guess it was his way to make him feel better. Sometimes he just kisses my scars. Its these subtle things he does that makes me feel so loved. 

 

"I'll tutor you." Daehyun said when I told him about what my stepmom said about the withdrawing from school if I didn't pass all my subjects.

"Huh? But-" I was cut off.

"Just tell her you'll be having revision sessions with your teacher after school." He seemed to know what I was thinking. I always had to reach home on time.

"..... Okay. Thank you Daehyunnie!" I hesitated before replying. I actually wanted it very much. Daehyun seemed to be like a genius in Physics and this meant that I could be with him even after school hours. I just hope I won't get distracted. 

I went back and informed my stepmom and she unwillingly agreed. She knew I would come home later now, she gave me even more chores to do and more unreasonable requests to meet by the end of the day. 

Ever since Daehyun started tutoring me, I understood a lot better. He was really patient with me and he was clear with his explanation. Maybe it was just me that I found it challenging to stuff Physics into my head. I asked the stupidest questions but he once never laughed. I'm so lucky to have him to tutor me! This way I wouldn't have to drop out of school. 

After physics with Daehyun, he would drop me home. There were chores to be done and by the time I was done, I would be dead beat. There was no way I could study the other subjects so I've decided to study with Daehyun everyday after school. 

There were times when I would be restless and couldn't absorb. Daehyun would get me things to drink and to fill my stomach. Sometimes I feel like he's not only my boyfriend but my mom as well. Can a guy even be this caring and thoughful? 

Sometimes Daehyun couldn't study with me. He claimed he had some stuff to settle. I respect his privacy and didn't probe further even though I was curious.

It was a week to exams and I must say that Daehyun's tutoring has helped a lot but I wasn't confident of passing at all I had to get my grades from a 30+ to a 50! almost 20 marks!

"Lets make things more exciting, if you get at least a 60 for your Physics, I'll give you three wishes. Anything at all." Daehyun suggested. 

" But I don't even need a 60 to pass. I just want a 50 and are you a genie now?"

"ahhh~ but since I'm your tutor shouldn't I set some expectations of you too? Haha, trust me, I have the power to get what you want." Right, now I'm left speechless.

"So what if I don't a get 60?" 

"Then you'll have to grant me my three wishes. Deal?"

"Erm...."

"Its okay if you don't have the confidence to even get a 60."

"Okay deal." I didn't want to seem small in front of him. He let out a smirk. This crazy boy.

I started thinking of the things I would want to get for my 3 wishes I ended up daydreaming.

"Yah, study if you want that 3 wishes!" Daehyun brought me back to reality. Can I really do it?

 

 

So no one had any comments on my previous chapter? Or didn't want to read it cause it was too long? :( 
Sorry for not updating for days. I was really busy!

Comment and subscribe! It will mean a lot to me and I'll be more motivated to update.

Thank you to the new subscribers!! :D