Getting ready for school

My Gangster Prince

~~~~~~'s POV

RINGGG!!

I woke up groggily and slammed the head of my alarm clock only to be fully woken up with my palms feeling the pain of slamming the alarm too hard. I wondered where did my strength come from. I rubbed my palm then took a look at my alarm clock. I realised I've woken up too early. It was only 5am. I guessed it was a habit since I've always woke up at 5am in the past during school days. The holidays were over, now it was a new term. I wanted to go back to sleep but I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to wake up on time for school so I've decided to get some chores done. Again, I guessed it was out of habit. I brushed my teeth and then headed to the living room to get started. When I the lights, I got a shock. Then, I recalled why the living room was in this state.

Flashback

It was 8pm when Daehyun and I were eating our dinner when suddenly there was a loud rapid banging of our front door. I got a shock and accidentally spilled my drink. Daehyun ignored the knocks and took a piece of tissue to help me wipe the water away from my lips by dabbing my lips gently and he called me a baby while doing that. It wasn't my fault. I was startled by the sudden loud banging. The banging finally stopped and Daehyun headed to the door to see who it was.

"Yah! What took you so long?" Yongguk oppa asked Daehyun.

"We have a doorbell you know hyung?" Daehyun totally ignored his question.

The rest of the boys then entered the house making a lot of noise and carried bags filled with stuff. We greeted each other while I was at the dining table still trying to finish my food. Zelo then took Daehyun's spoon and took a bite which resulted in Daehyun smacking his head.

"Make yourself at home." I told them while I went to drag Daehyun towards the dining table to finish his meal.

"When have we not Noona?" Zelo said. True, they were always comfortable in Daehyun's house.

They emptied the contents of the shopping bags onto the living room's coffee table. I got a shock, again. There were many snacks even cans of beer. Oh well, I guess boys will be boys. Daehyun told me earlier that day that the boys were coming. I reminded him that we had to go school the next day but he didn't seem bothered about it.

After dinner, Daehyun wanted to help me clean up but I told him to entertain his friends instead. I took out some fruit punch from the fridge and asked him to serve it to them.

"They already got cans of drinks with them." Daehyun whined.

"But still, we're the hosts!" I pinched his cheeks. He brought out the drinks for the boys.

After cleaning up and getting my stuff ready for school the next day, I figured I'll help Daehyun pack as well since I know that he wouldn't really be packing with the boys around. After packing, I headed back down to the living room. The boys were yelling, eating and drinking while playing the Xbox. Even though it was really noisy, I enjoyed the sight of it. Their friendship and how the house was much livelier.

I took a seat beside Daehyun and watched them play. I never knew gangsters would have this side to them, the bubbly kind. Who would have thought Jongup is a gangster seeing him so smiley? But come to think of it, I've never seen them in their 'gangster mode' before. They seemed really nice to me. I wondered how they ended up forming B.A.P. 

About 11pm I assumed, the noise the boys made suddenly became softer and more muffled. I guessed I've unknowingly fallen asleep resting on Daehyun's shoulder and hugging his arm like a bolster. 

"...Dae...." I opened my eyes tiredly and realised I was already on my bed.

"Shhh.. sleep well." Daehyun patted my arm while sitting on my bed. Why do i feel like he always treat me like a baby? But its sweet of him.

"Goodnight, Don't play till too late...." I told him.

"Night Princess" He kissed me, pulled the blanket over me before offing the lights and closing the door. 

End of Flashback~

 

I smiled recalling when Daehyun tucked me in bed. I went to the couch and saw Daehyun sleeping on it with one of his legs hung over the back rest of the couch and one of his arm dangling out of the couch. I sat at the little space left on the couch and watched him sleep. Sometimes I still wonder why did I do to be rewarded with this precious boy in front of me. Suddenly, his cheeks were calling out to be pinched. I pinched both of his cheeks.

"Agrhhh..... Go away." He said in a deep sleepy voice and pushed my hands away.

"Ahhh. Ouch!" I ended up on the floor with my landing on one of the chips packaging because of the lack of space on the couch and I didn't think that Daehyun will pushed me away like that. I was relieved that it was an empty pack and not a filled one or worst, a beer can under my bottom.

Daehyun immediately shot up from his sleep and looked at me.

"Sorry sorry!! I didn't mean to! Does it hurt? Where?" Daehyun suddenly blabbered.

"Hmphh!" I pouted. I was kinda taken aback by his action. He helped me up and we sat back on the couch. I slapped his stomach.

"ugh." Daehyun gave me a puzzled look.

"For pushing me off!" I replied leaving out that it was actually my fault for pinching his cheeks when he was sleeping. 

"Sorry princess. Where hurts?" 

"My ."

"Lie down, I'll help you ease the pain." Daehyun said while grinning.

"Aye~ Crazy~!" I got up and pushed him down which made him lie back on the couch.

"Ahh." He held on to his head.

"Sorry! I pushed too hard?" I rubbed his head for him.

"Nope, must be the hangover." He smiled again.

"Tsk. serve you right." I slapped his chest lightly.

I walked away  and I saw him sitting back up again. 

"Don't move! Lie down!" I shouted a little too loudly judging it was about 5.30am. He obeyed probably because of my tone. I didn't want him to trip on the rubbish on the floor since I didn't know how awake he is now. 

I went to take a warm towel hoping it will help ease his hangover. I went back to him and placed it on his forehead. He looked at me with a smile that still makes my heart flutter.

"How much did you drink? Nevermind, I don't wanna know. What time did you sleep?" I asked him while holding the warm towel in place.

"Erm.. 2?" He replied softly.

"2?! So late?! Then you better get some more sleep since its still early. I'll just tidy up and wake you up later. But don't push me again!" I said. 

"Sorry." Daehyun said. I gave him a look because I didn't know why he apologized.

"For making you clean up after our mess." Daehyun answered my blank look.

"Its fine, sleep okay?" I patted him. He closed his eyes and dozed off almost immediately.

I didn't mind cleaning up the mess they've created. He always does things for me anyway. I tidied up the place trying my best to make the least noise as possible. I didn't want to wake him up again. I took the bags lying on the floor and filled it with the empty cans and food wrappers. Then, I noticed the ashtray on the table my face changed after imagining the smell of it. I didn't know they smoked but I wouldn't be surprised even if they did. Even Daehyun smokes. I looked at the buds in the ashtray, It was not little meaning that they weren't the type that smoked for fun. I started to wonder why they didn't smoke a single stick when they're with me.

I threw the bags away and started making breakfast. Toast for today? I started preparing. While I prepared, my mind wandered off. This was the first school day living with Daehyun. I thought of the times when I had to make breakfast for the whole family and how I would be treated if I didn't get them done on time. How I had to do so many things in the morning. I flinched when I recalled the punishments. Subconsciously, I prepared the toast quickly. My mind zoned out and I was just stoning, holding on to the knife and the piece of bread, not moving. I 'woke up' when I felt a pair of hands grabbed my shoulders. 

Daehyun's POV

I fell asleep soon but I woke up again because I needed to pee. I regretted drinking so much last night. I then made my way to the kitchen to see what my girl was doing. I saw her zoning out and and placed my hands on her shoulders. I felt her flinched at my touch.

"Sorry! Sorry  I was stoning! I'll get it done real quick!" My girl said, not looking at me and sounding afraid. I was confused.

"Stoning?" I asked her.

"Sorry I zoned out!" She said again sounding scared.

"Its okay. Take your time." I patted her head.

"Oh its you." She turned back after I patted her head.

"Yeah. Me. Who else?" I asked her.

"Oppa." She replied softly.

"Oppa?"

"My stepbrother." She looked down.

"What happened?" I asked her surprised when she suddenly brought up her mentally sick stepbrother of hers.

She then told me about the daily morning abuse she gets when she didn't get things done on time. I was raging inside. That bastard! 

"Why were you even thinking about all these?" I asked her when she recalled these painful memories.

She told me that this was the first school day she was in my house and then started to let her mind drift and ended up recalling all these. Silly girl.

"If making breakfast makes you recall these , then I don't want you to make breakfast anymore." I told her. I don't want her to be haunted by the painful memories again.

"But I like preparing breakfast! Especially for the people who appreciates them, for you." She blushed as she mumbled the last part.

"For who?" I asked again, not that I didn't catch what she said. I just wanted her to say it again.

"For YOU!" She squeezed my cheeks together. I can't help but smile.

"Thank you but promise me, don't let your mind run wild okay." It seriously pains me to see her mentally tortured.

"But I can't control these things!" She replied. I raised my eyebrows.

"Okay okay. I'll try." She finally said.

"That's my girl~" I ruffled her hair. 

"Good morning princess~" I kissed her lips. 

"Morning boy~" No kiss for me? 

"Your boy is hungry."

" When are you not? haha~ I'll be done soon. Go wash up." She said and I walked away but she grabbed my hands and tugged me back.

"Your kiss." She kissed me on my lips. Was she a mind reader or something?

"Go go!" She smacked my . 

I looked at her, a little surprised by what she had done.

"Did you just smacked my ?" I asked her. She blushed.

"Aye~ Just go get ready!" She pushed me out of the kitchen by my back. I shook my head and smiled to myself. This girl is too adorable.

 

Thank you for subscribing and commenting! Really thank you! 

As much as I love to update daily, I don't think I can but I'll update as frequently as possible!! Really thankful for your support and comments! Are you people enjoying their sweetness?